Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > General Discussions

General Discussions Discuss anything in general about your 5.0 Mustang that doesn't belong within the other categories here.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-07-2012, 01:06 PM   #1
Dan12GT

Default Dyno Numbers Question

I learned a bit more about dynos yesterday; there are a few different types. I didn't realize there were even different types of Dynojets (STD/SAE). Anyway one thing I didn't expect to see was the same horse power number as I had in the past. Here is some history: My wife bought me a dyno session with HPP back in February (pretty sure it was colder then). The car was bone stock, still had temp tags It put down 382/359. Pretty reasonable. This was on a STD dyno. So yesterday I dyno with an added Air Raid intake and full Borla S-Type Catback. I dynoed 382/387 yesterday. I picked up a significant amount of torque but I thought it was odd my horsepower remained exactly the same. Now I know several other things factor into this like altitude, air temp, etc and it was on a different dyno. I just thought it was odd the HP didn't move at all, up or down. I expected a little bit more considering what I have done so far. I know I hardly have anything done for performance but this just kinda threw me.
Dan12GT is offline   Reply With Quote