Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > Members' Area > The Lounge

The Lounge The offtopic section.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 03-26-2014, 12:38 PM   #46
Dominic Toretto

Originally Posted by STROKD View Post
I dont know why it has to cost a fortune, but GM will sell every one they can build.
Supply and demand. A Bugatti doesn't need to cost over $1mill but, people will gladly shell out the money for one.

-Alex

Ford Racing . Pypes . BMR . CDC . American Muscle . DDM Tuning . BFG . J&M . Amsoil . MMD. JLT
Dominic Toretto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 12:58 PM   #47
Grandpa
I> /\/\

I dont know why it has to cost a fortune, but GM will sell every one they can build.
Absolutely. There are more than enough diehards who will buy those things up. It's good for everyone when they manufacturers have these horsepower wars because they build better cars on both sides of the fence.

I don't know why so many Stangers are hell bent with this Z/28. It's was the same way when the ZL1 came out. I rarely see ZL1's running around town or at the meets. I'm sure it will be the same way with the Z/28.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 01:05 PM   #48
STROKD
Old School

Originally Posted by Dominic Toretto View Post
Supply and demand. A Bugatti doesn't need to cost over $1mill but, people will gladly shell out the money for one.

-Alex
Actually, Veyrons cost more than they sell for to build... This Camaro doesnt. its just GM being greedy ass holes like they are with the C7 and their big trucks.
Old 03-26-2014, 01:06 PM   #49
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Actually, Veyrons cost more than they sell for to build... This Camaro doesnt. its just GM being greedy ass holes like they are with the C7 and their big trucks.
Damn Obama Motors!
Old 03-26-2014, 01:34 PM   #50
re-rx7
Banned

Gm has enough shit to wry about while trying to be fastest. These niche cars don't make money and their new trucks sales have been dismal.
re-rx7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 01:55 PM   #51
Crimson600+HP

Watch "2014 Chevrolet Camaro Z/28 vs. 2014 Nissan GT-R T…" on YouTube
2014 Chevrolet Camaro Z/28 vs. 2014 Nissan GT-R T…: http://youtu.be/PqkyWhVBSKU

Pobst just drove both on the same track same day. Almost even, but the Z/28 was a couple tenths faster. Considering that those brakes are a $20K option on Porsche's, I still say this is a bargain for what it can do.
ProCharger P1SC Stage 2|Full Suspension|New Plans: NA CJ Intake Manifold/OR H Pipe/3.73 Gears
Road Raced|Auto-X'd
Drag Raced|12.4s @ 119.7
Texas Mile|1/2 Mile: 140.3|1 Mile: 166.4|She had more in her!

Last edited by Crimson600+HP; 03-26-2014 at 02:15 PM.
Crimson600+HP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 02:06 PM   #52
Dominic Toretto

Cool.

-Alex

Ford Racing . Pypes . BMR . CDC . American Muscle . DDM Tuning . BFG . J&M . Amsoil . MMD. JLT
Old 03-26-2014, 02:11 PM   #53
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by re-rx7 View Post
Gm has enough shit to wry about while trying to be fastest. These niche cars don't make money and their new trucks sales have been dismal.
GM's are slow! Wanna race?
Old 03-26-2014, 02:38 PM   #54
re-rx7
Banned

I told you I'm Down whenever. If I win does that make my car a better value since its cheaper?

Edit: gm aren't all slow, just built like shit.
Old 03-26-2014, 02:41 PM   #55
re-rx7
Banned

Originally Posted by Crimson600+HP View Post
Watch "2014 Chevrolet Camaro Z/28 vs. 2014 Nissan GT-R T…" on YouTube
2014 Chevrolet Camaro Z/28 vs. 2014 Nissan GT-R T…: http://youtu.be/PqkyWhVBSKU

Pobst just drove both on the same track same day. Almost even, but the Z/28 was a couple tenths faster. Considering that those brakes are a $20K option on Porsche's, I still say this is a bargain for what it can do.
The gtr platform came out in 08. 6 years is an eternity in the car world. The new one will be out soon and I can see it dipping into the 10's like the 911.
Old 03-26-2014, 02:55 PM   #56
Crimson600+HP

The gtr platform came out in 08. 6 years is an eternity in the car world. The new one will be out soon and I can see it dipping into the 10's like the 911.
I have no doubt in the GTR's ability to put power to the ground better than anything out there. GTR's will always beat RWD cars at the drag strip and I know that. It will be insteresting to see what or if Nissan comes out with something new on the GTR though.

My thing is power is easy and cheap to make on cars. For being on a track though, stopping and turning are king. Brakes, aero, tires, and suspension, along with the tuning of said suspension, are the real expensive things to develop. IMO, the Z/28 is better set-up for the track right now as power can easily be had (on the cheap) with cams, exhaust, and a CAI to open that LS7 up. For the GTR to catch up on brakes alone is going to run $20-30K.

My argument is the Z/28 is actually a bargain for what it will beat. It's not meant to be a daily driver, more like the Lotus vehicles of late.
ProCharger P1SC Stage 2|Full Suspension|New Plans: NA CJ Intake Manifold/OR H Pipe/3.73 Gears
Road Raced|Auto-X'd
Drag Raced|12.4s @ 119.7
Texas Mile|1/2 Mile: 140.3|1 Mile: 166.4|She had more in her!
Crimson600+HP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 03:02 PM   #57
Grandpa
I> /\/\

I told you I'm Down whenever. If I win does that make my car a better value since its cheaper?

Edit: gm aren't all slow, just built like shit.
I suppose that depends on the individual on what is important to him and how the car is being used. If you feel your car is a good value for you and how you use it, then it is!

Personally, the 5.0 doesn't work for me. I like my 5.0, it's a very nice cruiser. But it's not very practical for me to use it often enough due to the lack of space in the backseat for little ones. In order for me to be able to put a rear facing car seat in there the front seat had to go way up to where my wife wasn't comfortable anymore. I ended up cruising it around by myself most of the time the rare times I'm actually alone which is usually only on Friday nights or running some quick errands. So we ended up having not one, but TWO Mustangs that just sit in the garage 90% of the time and that is a waste.
Old 03-26-2014, 03:07 PM   #58
Dominic Toretto

I think the most impressive aspect of this car is that a Camaro is legitimately competing with the likes of 911 Turbos and GTR. That's incredible all within itself. No matter how people want to downplay the super impressive C7Z brakes, the great suspension tuning, the fully built LS7 with Mahle pistons, dry sump, Recaros, weight reduction, Tremec TR6060, aero etc etc, this is a fucking Camaro beating a GTR.... A Camaro... a bone stock Camaro. A say plus 1 to GM.

-Alex

Old 03-26-2014, 03:11 PM   #59
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by Dominic Toretto View Post
I think the most impressive aspect of this car is that a Camaro is legitimately competing with the likes of 911 Turbos and GTR. That's incredible all within itself. No matter how people want to downplay the super impressive C7Z brakes, the great suspension tuning, the fully built LS7 with Mahle pistons, dry sump, Recaros, weight reduction, Tremec TR6060, aero etc etc, this is a fucking Camaro beating a GTR.... A Camaro... a bone stock Camaro. A say plus 1 to GM.

-Alex
I agree.

I'm hoping this Z/28 being so good will make Ford really step up their game too. They aren't telling us much about the upcoming models and SVT stuff yet. Should be interesting to see what happens.
Old 03-26-2014, 03:16 PM   #60
Grandpa
I> /\/\

On a side note of the GTR -

I don't know how many of you have driven one, but I have. It's an AMAZING machine in every facet of what it does. It's fast, solid, very sure footed all the things you heard the magazines rave about, it meets all the hype. But one thing the magazines do not tell you is how fucking boring a GTR is to drive after awhile.

The car is a technical marvel for sure, but in doing so with all of its electronic driver babysitter nannies on it, it really does everything for you. Your Grandma could literally drive a GTR fast because it's so stable.

If you like that type of car, that's fine. But if you like a drivers car then a GTR isn't for you.