Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > Interior/Exterior

Interior/Exterior Post new mods or questions about the inside or outside of your mustang

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 01-30-2013, 04:03 PM   #16
dallasmike
DFW5.0s Preferred Vendor

Originally Posted by STROKD View Post
And TF would be what, half that? No point gettin IF's no one knows what they r anyway. TFs look nearly identical but I think the spokes are a tad wider.
`

I honestly have no clue what True Forged sells for. I had never even heard of the brand until I heard Steve talk about them. Iforged has been in the Industry now since 2001. Maybe a bit longer. They're the parent brand to Forgestar wheels.
Old 01-30-2013, 04:47 PM   #17
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by STROKD View Post
And TF would be what, half that? No point gettin IF's no one knows what they r anyway. TFs look nearly identical but I think the spokes are a tad wider.

It's true, TF and Iforged wheels are made in the same factory. TF's are the same great quality wheel for a much better price. IForged spends a TON more on marketing than TF does which is a reflection of the cost differences. TF is mainly a few boards, word of mouth and magazine cars.

18 inch TF wheels start around 2300 or so and go up depending on size and options. They are truely a custom wheel and can be made to fit any application. If you keep an eye on TF's forum on SVTP, Steve frequently sells sets at a discount that other customers didn't pick up or could pay for after ordering them.

You should talk to Kevin about TF pricing.

Last edited by Grandpa; 01-30-2013 at 04:51 PM.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 06:28 PM   #18
STROKD
Old School

Originally Posted by Steve View Post
It's true, TF and Iforged wheels are made in the same factory. TF's are the same great quality wheel for a much better price. IForged spends a TON more on marketing than TF does which is a reflection of the cost differences. TF is mainly a few boards, word of mouth and magazine cars.

18 inch TF wheels start around 2300 or so and go up depending on size and options. They are truely a custom wheel and can be made to fit any application. If you keep an eye on TF's forum on SVTP, Steve frequently sells sets at a discount that other customers didn't pick up or could pay for after ordering them.

You should talk to Kevin about TF pricing.
great info... yea problem is RARELY a Fox fittment, usually a new car fittment, but I will keep my eye out for sure. I like the ones in the picture, all shiney. The car looks sick with chrome rims, so Id like to stay with chrome or very high polish with a clear coat...
Old 01-30-2013, 07:48 PM   #19
dallasmike
DFW5.0s Preferred Vendor

Just my opinion on the matter so take it for what it's worth but I really don't like putting Iforged wheels or the like on performance cars. They really go after the bling factor instead of trying to build the strongest lightest wheel they can.

For performance cars I like Forgeline or some of the flow formed wheel offerings. I've been doing custom wheel fitments for over a decade and have seen every single wheel out there practically. I'm EXTREMELY picky when it comes to wheels. The reason most wheel companies have a 6-8 week lead time for custom wheels is b/c they're all cut in the same place so get in line. I like companies that cut their own wheels which are few and far between.