Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > General Discussions

General Discussions Discuss anything in general about your 5.0 Mustang that doesn't belong within the other categories here.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 05-07-2013, 06:38 PM   #31
STROKD
Old School

lol, whats funny is I didnt see any "kiddies" not sure if those are teenagers or what, but most the ricers I saw were pretty damn nice... Slammed TL on CCWs had some money in it, few bagged VWs on Bentley rims etc. Sure there were a couple drift style cars there, but it wasn't as bad as most the older meets. I think in general those cars are all falling apart now, and kids are upgrading to newer less shitty ones.

There was a grey 67/8 Coupe there that was f'in choice. Also saw a sick 94/95 yellow GT and a beautiful red Fox hatchback turbo car, and a bunch of other cars I cant remember. I think C6s and 5.0s were the most popular car of choice.

merlinmol, your car is fucken sweet, lots of compliments were thrown at it (esp the wheels) as I was standing in front of it most of the evening.
Old 05-07-2013, 06:46 PM   #32
IHateThisSite

Out back it was a ton of miatas that had more ducktape and bondo than any real metal ... And the kids where leaning on my car a few times ... Touching and leaning on cars is poor taste ... But what pisses me off about it is how they approach the shit ... He complained not enough people bought food and he bitched about stuff at jimmy johns too .. Also how he ... You know what .. You are right ... Talking about it is pointless ... Someone come up with something better to do on Monday nights that does not cost a ton of money and is located in north Dallas...
IHateThisSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 07:00 PM   #33
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by IHateThisSite View Post
Out back it was a ton of miatas that had more ducktape and bondo than any real metal ... And the kids where leaning on my car a few times ... Touching and leaning on cars is poor taste ... But what pisses me off about it is how they approach the shit ... He complained not enough people bought food and he bitched about stuff at jimmy johns too .. Also how he ... You know what .. You are right ... Talking about it is pointless ... Someone come up with something better to do on Monday nights that does not cost a ton of money and is located in north Dallas...
Well, not to defend Jared, but as someone who has organized meets for a long time, it's important for people to use the host of the meet. They need to get something in return for allowing the meet to take place in the first place. They aren't doing it out of the kindness of their hearts. It's best to support the host, buy some food or a drink in order to keep meets going. Otherwise, they just continue to fail over and over like RKC meets do. And they don't necessarily fail because directly of Jared, but rather the majority demographic his site attracts to the meets which is young kids who really don't have a lot of disposable income. Therefor they don't spend money for food, drinks or sponsors.

That's why the Friday night meet was successful for so long, it wasn't attached to any one business or "sponsored by" and it wasn't promoted on RKC so the kids stayed away. Plus it has the best racing of any meet anywhere.

By default, Monday night is a horrible night to have a meet. Most working adults aren't going to go out late night during the work week. So that pretty much leaves the kiddos and the hardcore who are willing to go without sleep. lol.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 07:19 PM   #34
moostang09

Default New RKC meet last night...

Is he still driving his "Monster Camaro"?
Old 05-07-2013, 07:22 PM   #35
DirtyD

Originally Posted by moostang09 View Post
Yeah, but that's the show car now
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 07:30 PM   #36
Grandpa
I> /\/\

The last I heard TrueStreet rebuilt his motor for him after the stocker finally gave up on life after many miles. Once he got it back he took it up to Minnesota to the Power Cruise with the intent of blowing the motor up on purpose after making a sponsor deal with Thompson in Nevada, Tx who builds badass LSx motors. TS helped Jared out with that rebuild because he couldn't afford a new motor. Once Thompson saw what Jared did with another sponsors motor, they retracted their offer.

Here is what he did with the rebuilt motor...

Old 05-07-2013, 07:35 PM   #37
Grandpa
I> /\/\

This was awhile ago, so it might be back on the road by now. That was just the last I heard about it.
Old 05-07-2013, 07:54 PM   #38
moostang09

I am 99.99% that is not a licensed use of the logo. This guy appeals to the children and I'll let him continue to do so. Not my type of car meets but that's my .02!
Old 05-07-2013, 08:06 PM   #39
DirtyD

Originally Posted by Steve View Post
The last I heard TrueStreet rebuilt his motor for him after the stocker finally gave up on life after many miles. Once he got it back he took it up to Minnesota to the Power Cruise with the intent of blowing the motor up on purpose after making a sponsor deal with Thompson in Nevada, Tx who builds badass LSx motors. TS helped Jared out with that rebuild because he couldn't afford a new motor. Once Thompson saw what Jared did with another sponsors motor, they retracted their offer.

Here is what he did with the rebuilt motor...

What. A. Little. Prick. You are going to basically give a smile and middle finger to a shop that stuck their hand out to you when you ask for help, and you do that to them? Bitch.

TS gets points in my book that their kind gesture.
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 10:05 PM   #40
Smurf50

Originally Posted by DirtyD View Post
Brandon, just ask Steve about how he really feels about Jared. Haha
Shit you can ask ME how I feel about him as well...I have some amazing stories about that tool
Smurf50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 10:40 PM   #41
moostang09

Originally Posted by Smurf50 View Post
Shit you can ask ME how I feel about him as well...I have some amazing stories about that tool
How do you feel about him?
Old 05-07-2013, 10:41 PM   #42
03MachMe

Default Re: New RKC meet last night...

I'm with Steve on this one. Can't stand that guy. The reason I will never attend another rkc meet

2013 Deep Impact Blue GT Premium
386rwhp/383rwtq
03MachMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 12:17 AM   #43
Smurf50

How do you feel about him?
Personally I don't like him, and he almost got his ass stomped by someone when he smacked their car at a gtg out at Hooters...

I made sure to avoid him, but I did get a good laugh watching him try to install his "used" nitrous kit himself on his week-old drop-top SS
Smurf50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 12:19 AM   #44
STROKD
Old School

You guys do know you dont have to talk to the guy right? Lots of nice cars there, regardless of who hosts or mentions it etc. The food smelled great, but I am on a diet, and I heard it was like an hour wait, so I didnt partake.
Old 05-08-2013, 12:30 AM   #45
Phuck Phace
My Stapler!

Originally Posted by STROKD View Post
You guys do know you dont have to talk to the guy right?
This

I wanted to check out the cars but we drove around the parking lot for 10 minutes and couldn't find a spot, there was one but some skinny jeaned fuck was standing in the spot saving it for his friend.

2012 GT/CS
93 Cobra
Phuck Phace is offline   Reply With Quote