Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > General Discussions

General Discussions Discuss anything in general about your 5.0 Mustang that doesn't belong within the other categories here.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 05-08-2013, 12:40 AM   #46
STROKD
Old School

Originally Posted by Phuck Phace View Post
This

I wanted to check out the cars but we drove around the parking lot for 10 minutes and couldn't find a spot, there was one but some skinny jeaned fuck was standing in the spot saving it for his friend.
what were you in? I saw a few Stangs drive around and then leave...
Old 05-08-2013, 12:41 AM   #47
Midnight11
El Presidente

Originally Posted by STROKD View Post
black 04 cobra

2013 Ford Mustang 5.0 6M Brembo 3.73s
HPP TUNED
HP-enough
4-0 vs Steve
Midnight11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 12:41 AM   #48
DirtyD

Default New RKC meet last night...

Gray and him were in the Cobra
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 12:50 AM   #49
Phuck Phace
My Stapler!

Yeah, black Terminator.
I could care less about latemodel exotics, the coolest cars I saw were in the very back row.
Oldsmobile FTW!

2012 GT/CS
93 Cobra
Phuck Phace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 12:52 AM   #50
STROKD
Old School

Originally Posted by Phuck Phace View Post
Yeah, black Terminator.
I could care less about latemodel exotics, the coolest cars I saw were in the very back row.
Oldsmobile FTW!
I agree! The back row was almost all old iron, the green 71 Plymouth was my fav, my dad has a red 72 in the same body style that he's had since new... so I am fond of them even if they suck. haha the candy red 442 was the business though, as was the silver grey 67/8 coupe on silver bullits. Hell even the red Mustang 2 was really damn nice.

I saw you guys drive around and leave. My friend had a black 04 Cobra right up front next to merlin's 13...
Old 05-08-2013, 08:18 AM   #51
Selcouth

You guys do know you dont have to talk to the guy right? Lots of nice cars there, regardless of who hosts or mentions it etc. The food smelled great, but I am on a diet, and I heard it was like an hour wait, so I didnt partake.
^ This. People can bitch and complain about Jared for all I care. I'm still planning on attending the meets. Why? Because its usually pretty damn good and I enjoy the company of some that make it up there. Going to try for next week in either the fox or the GTO.
Selcouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 08:23 AM   #52
DirtyD

The way I see it, in the car scene once you get to our age, Lambos, Ferraris, etc have been played out. They are common sight now, and just another expensive car, not really an exotic exotic anymore. Yeah they are still awesome to see in person, but nothing to drool over and treat like royalty.

Just another reason why RKC draws the younger crowd that just started driving and still have posters of Ferraris and Lambos on their walls.
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 08:40 AM   #53
blownaltered
I have a small penis

Jarred is a bitch. The first time I met him was at the Friday night meet. He was there to film Foof race somebody. The entire time he was bad mouthing Foof and his car. That's when I got in Jarred's face and told him to shut his ass up or I was going to pop him in the mouth. He shut up quick, then one of his friends chimed in and he got the same offer and shut up as well. Then Adam (threefngerpete) got there and heard what happened, he kept trying to get jarred to run his mouth again so Adam could hit him. Jarred then left, he didn't show back up much because we as a group made fun of him every time he came so he would leave quick.

That reminds me I have to find that pick of the bedazzled shirt he wore that one night. That was a funny night.
blownaltered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 11:22 AM   #54
Smurf50

Originally Posted by DirtyD View Post
The way I see it, in the car scene once you get to our age, Lambos, Ferraris, etc have been played out. They are common sight now, and just another expensive car, not really an exotic exotic anymore. Yeah they are still awesome to see in person, but nothing to drool over and treat like royalty.

Just another reason why RKC draws the younger crowd that just started driving and still have posters of Ferraris and Lambos on their walls.
Sadly, from driving them....they are far less enjoyable than a Mustang as well They look nice, but they are the trophy wives of the car world....look great but can't do shit
Smurf50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 11:32 AM   #55
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Lets take it easy on the Jared bashing. We are all aware of the general concensus on him so lets not get carried away with it. I know we have a couple of regular rkc posters here now and the last thing we need is an invasion of rkc nonsense. Honestly, i kinda feel bad for the kid now in retrospect. He spent a lot of time on that site to build it up only to find himself on the outside of his main demographic over there. I wish him and RKC the best of luck in the future.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 04:25 PM   #56
STROKD
Old School

Originally Posted by Smurf50 View Post
Sadly, from driving them....they are far less enjoyable than a Mustang as well They look nice, but they are the trophy wives of the car world....look great but can't do shit
care to explain? cant do shit, as in what? the exotics I think of are all pretty god damn fast, and they all handle great... I havent driven a Ferrari but Ive been in a Modena and raced against it, and it kept up with my blown 5.0 pretty damn good, and it rode and handled incredible. the 458 and new Ferraris like the Enzo, Enzo replacement (F70), McLaren, Ford GT (older yet still cool), Lambos (Aventador esp) etc are all nice cars...
Old 05-08-2013, 04:27 PM   #57
STROKD
Old School

Originally Posted by Steve View Post
Lets take it easy on the Jared bashing. We are all aware of the general concensus on him so lets not get carried away with it. I know we have a couple of regular rkc posters here now and the last thing we need is an invasion of rkc nonsense. Honestly, i kinda feel bad for the kid now in retrospect. He spent a lot of time on that site to build it up only to find himself on the outside of his main demographic over there. I wish him and RKC the best of luck in the future.
very well said. I dont hate or like the guy, but I do feel sorry for him, and if he comes up to me I say hi... I do that for a lot of people I dont even know, that seem to know me.
Old 05-08-2013, 04:41 PM   #58
IHateThisSite

I found just the opposite to be true with Ferrari ... After I drove a 430 spider and a 458 I fell in love ... Hated them before.. Saw them as overly expensive show toys ... Sitting in the drivers seat and trying my hardest to wind out the gears I felt completely different ... If you block out the price and just drive them ... It was by far the most clean and balanced car I have driven... And I can say without a doubt ... A 100k used f430 is 2x better car than a new 50k mustang ... IMO ...
IHateThisSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 04:47 PM   #59
STROKD
Old School

Originally Posted by IHateThisSite View Post
I found just the opposite to be true with Ferrari ... After I drove a 430 spider and a 458 I fell in love ... Hated them before.. Saw them as overly expensive show toys ... Sitting in the drivers seat and trying my hardest to wind out the gears I felt completely different ... If you block out the price and just drive them ... It was by far the most clean and balanced car I have driven... And I can say without a doubt ... A 100k used f430 is 2x better car than a new 50k mustang ... IMO ...
Thats sorta what I would figure... my dad's 26 year old Porsche is smoother, easier to drive fast, faster top speed, and handles better than a new Mustang, so why wouldn't a new Porsche/Ferrari/Lambo be the absolute shit?
Old 05-08-2013, 09:41 PM   #60
SVT Lurch

Originally Posted by blownaltered View Post
Jarred is a bitch. The first time I met him was at the Friday night meet. He was there to film Foof race somebody. The entire time he was bad mouthing Foof and his car. That's when I got in Jarred's face and told him to shut his ass up or I was going to pop him in the mouth. He shut up quick, then one of his friends chimed in and he got the same offer and shut up as well. Then Adam (threefngerpete) got there and heard what happened, he kept trying to get jarred to run his mouth again so Adam could hit him. Jarred then left, he didn't show back up much because we as a group made fun of him every time he came so he would leave quick.

That reminds me I have to find that pick of the bedazzled shirt he wore that one night. That was a funny night.
I'm still bummed I missed that night.
SVT Lurch is offline   Reply With Quote