Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > General Discussions

General Discussions Discuss anything in general about your 5.0 Mustang that doesn't belong within the other categories here.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 02-07-2014, 01:09 AM   #31
Junkie

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT View Post
Seems to me then you have not one, but then two depreciating assets. These Mustangs or any other mass production late model cars are not investments. What you guys are attempting to do is put a Band-Aid on AIDS. It just doesn't work or make sense.

I get what you are doing wanting to keep your toys as nice as possible. I get it, but justifying it through financing another car for better mileage doesn't add up in my opinion. Just say you want to do it because....well because that's what you want to do. lol
Same page, I drive the fuck out of the shit I enjoy. I'd rather have a cheaper car I had to work on, for my daily commute then HATE driving whatever it is daily because it sucks and its boring.
Old 02-07-2014, 01:24 AM   #32
Darkhelmet22

Originally Posted by re-rx7 View Post
2jz-ge=solid. Is300's never have problems. Many of them with 300k+.
Yes 2jz is solid but don't kid yourself those IS300s do have a few goofy problems. Mostly they leak oil, not a huge deal but most IS300s i work on are trashed.

Hypermotive Tune | Pypes Longtubes and O/R X | Corsa Sports | H&R Race Springs | Eibach panhard bar | BMR LCAs | BMR relo brackets | Koni yellows | Eibach sway bars | Ground Control CC plates | MGW shifter | SVE Drifts |
Darkhelmet22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 01:25 AM   #33
Darkhelmet22

Originally Posted by Soulowd View Post
let me know if I can help I work for Toyota
What dealer?

Hypermotive Tune | Pypes Longtubes and O/R X | Corsa Sports | H&R Race Springs | Eibach panhard bar | BMR LCAs | BMR relo brackets | Koni yellows | Eibach sway bars | Ground Control CC plates | MGW shifter | SVE Drifts |
Old 02-07-2014, 01:40 AM   #34
Dominic Toretto

Originally Posted by Soulowd View Post
let me know if I can help I work for Toyota
Not looking for one until next yearish.

Originally Posted by re-rx7 View Post
2jz-ge=solid. Is300's never have problems. Many of them with 300k+.
Werd.

Originally Posted by Darkhelmet22 View Post
Yes 2jz is solid but don't kid yourself those IS300s do have a few goofy problems. Mostly they leak oil, not a huge deal but most IS300s i work on are trashed.
That's what I am becoming afraid of with those cars. And IDK what the market is for finding a used 2JZ longblock. Plus if I want the car to be a daily, it defeats the purpose of having to invest a lot in it. That was at the top of my list since they look sweet, reliable, rwd and you can mod them to enjoy even as a daily beater. Best of all worlds. Another more realistic car would be a older Accord. Not a fan of FWD but, I can accept that. Toss some decent rims, tires, tint and lower it and have a nice looking daily with great fuel economy.

-Alex

Ford Racing . Pypes . BMR . CDC . American Muscle . DDM Tuning . BFG . J&M . Amsoil . MMD. JLT
Dominic Toretto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 01:42 AM   #35
Junkie

Originally Posted by Dominic Toretto View Post
Not looking for one until next yearish.

Werd.

That's what I am becoming afraid of with those cars. And IDK what the market is for finding a used 2JZ longblock. Plus if I want the car to be a daily, it defeats the purpose of having to invest a lot in it. That was at the top of my list since they look sweet, reliable, rwd and you can mod them to enjoy even as a daily beater. Best of all worlds. Another more realistic car would be a older Accord. Not a fan of FWD but, I can accept that. Toss some decent rims, tires, tint and lower it and have a nice looking daily with great fuel economy.

-Alex
I had an IS300 daily for around a year, LOVED IT! Small, easy to park, fun enough to drive, nice enough to drive. Cheap as fuck to work on and easy. Mine was nearly 140k miles without a single issue.
Old 02-07-2014, 02:07 AM   #36
Dominic Toretto

Originally Posted by Junkie View Post
I had an IS300 daily for around a year, LOVED IT! Small, easy to park, fun enough to drive, nice enough to drive. Cheap as fuck to work on and easy. Mine was nearly 140k miles without a single issue.
If I can find a well-kept example about this time next year, perhaps I can buy one cash. I don't see too many of them on the roads these days. I have plenty of time to research.

-Alex

Ford Racing . Pypes . BMR . CDC . American Muscle . DDM Tuning . BFG . J&M . Amsoil . MMD. JLT
Old 02-07-2014, 02:22 AM   #37
Darkhelmet22

all i can say is you can put an LS3 in an IS300.

Old 02-07-2014, 02:23 AM   #38
Darkhelmet22

Originally Posted by Junkie View Post
Did you do the timing belt yourself?

Old 02-07-2014, 08:20 AM   #39
fordplay

Yeah I don't understand getting a car you love to park it and drive a pos.. I LOVE the excuse "I wish I had my camaro I'd race you, it's fast" wtf?? I can see if you drive a Ferrari that requires a set of headers every 3 years and 10,000 miles requires an engine out service.. but geez.. I mean you can do whatever. Maybe if your mustang is a frigging race car not road legal.. but otherwise. . Do what you want just don't look longingly at me thru the bubbling tint of your smoked in ex rental car pos. You know what makes more financial sense then buying a mustang to park it in the garage and driving another car to save money? Not getting the mustang. .
fordplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 10:57 AM   #40
saunupe1911

Originally Posted by fordplay View Post
Yeah I don't understand getting a car you love to park it and drive a pos.. I LOVE the excuse "I wish I had my camaro I'd race you, it's fast" wtf?? I can see if you drive a Ferrari that requires a set of headers every 3 years and 10,000 miles requires an engine out service.. but geez.. I mean you can do whatever. Maybe if your mustang is a frigging race car not road legal.. but otherwise. . Do what you want just don't look longingly at me thru the bubbling tint of your smoked in ex rental car pos. You know what makes more financial sense then buying a mustang to park it in the garage and driving another car to save money? Not getting the mustang. .
I tend to agree with you, unless you already had a daily. For example my next car will probably be an ATS-V, S5, M4, used Z51. My 5.0 will be my daily. I'm never trading this car in unless I buy another muscle car or I get an offer that I can't refuse.

I will admit that I do have my eyes on an Acura Intergra, RSX, or IS300 simply because my wife and I both loved the tuner era. She adored her Integra.
saunupe1911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 12:11 PM   #41
pohnjarker

You know what makes more financial sense then buying a mustang to park it in the garage and driving another car to save money? Not getting the mustang. .
Old 02-07-2014, 12:16 PM   #42
Dominic Toretto

Yeah I don't understand getting a car you love to park it and drive a pos.
I highly doubt that is anyone's intention but, as you can see from plenty of posts, people mod these cars. If you're expecting, or worse, NOT expecting downtime with your car, does it not make sense to have a plan B that isn't Dart?

-Alex

Old 02-07-2014, 12:21 PM   #43
re-rx7
Banned

B-series over K series for a daily.
re-rx7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 12:27 PM   #44
STROKD
Old School

Good post, seriously, but you dont know me or you wouldnt have posted. Twin turbo solid roller 8k + rpm windsor swap, cage, chute, etc... it IS streetable, but would you want to drive it in the rain? snow? What about wearing rear tires out every other month, getting harrassed by cops once or twice a week, climbing over the roll cage to go get some groceries, smelling like gas all the time, getting maybe 14 mpg average, worrying bout the car getting stolen at the mall or at work, etc, and god knows what else. So yea, it took me a long ass time to build the car and Im older now, but even when it was a blown 408 with no cage i had another car... was a baby Benz, then a TL, then a Terminator, which made me buy a 3rd car for a daily. lmao
Old 02-07-2014, 12:33 PM   #45
re-rx7
Banned

I would like a daily just to keep rock chips at bay and the excitement in my car. When you drive a shit car to work everyday but have something nice at home it seems to help take stress away lol. I dont get tired of my car or the power even though its just 400whp because compared to what i drive to work its actually FUN!
re-rx7 is offline   Reply With Quote