Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > General Discussions

General Discussions Discuss anything in general about your 5.0 Mustang that doesn't belong within the other categories here.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 02-21-2014, 10:27 AM   #1
STROKD
Old School

Default New improved better daily thread discussion

So, been doing a shit ton of research, cheapest car I found is a SE Fiesta, which Id like to drive(prob wont like it), but the ST isnt badly priced in the mid 200/mo for 24 months with zero down... thats at sticker. anyone have one of these go carts or know anything bout em?

The Corolla I was interested in apparently is a pile of shit commuter car. Its slower than its comp 0 to 60 is 9.7!!!, stops worse than all its comp, and handles for shit. Ive never had a Toyota and I know now why. They are for soul less transporters that have either no skill driving, or just dont gaf. I like to buzz on and off ramps, zip through slow cars on freeway, take off from lights sometimes etc. The Corolla seems about as bad as my Civic Hybrid which was the most annoying car in the world to drive.

Second dibs is a new Jetta turbo. They get baller mpg and have some good pwr. Chipped it makes 245/290! Thats not bad in a 3k lb car with all new irs out back... be a poor mans GLI. Comes with steel wheels which suck, but itd be my 4th vw and I already have rims to put on it day one which will make it even faster losing a ton of weight off the rotating mass.
Old 02-21-2014, 10:33 AM   #2
PCB

My sister has a Fiesta. Nice car with a lot of bells and whistles. I wouldn't drive it daily, but an ST would maybe change my mind, even though I prefer the Focus ST.
PCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 10:42 AM   #3
DirtyD

Nicolas drives a Fiesta SE for his daily. He seems to like it a lot. I think having an ST would keep the daily driver in the fun range, while still being a great gas alternative.
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 11:00 AM   #4
46Tbird

Denny had a manual trans Focus ST a couple of months ago. He liked it, and paid cash for it, but at the end of the day it's a turbo Focus. It was actually pretty quick, it would scoot the front tires all over the place.

He got rid of it after 3-4 months though. Just got tired of being in a Focus. lmao
Old 02-21-2014, 11:12 AM   #5
STROKD
Old School

Originally Posted by 46Tbird View Post
Denny had a manual trans Focus ST a couple of months ago. He liked it, and paid cash for it, but at the end of the day it's a turbo Focus. It was actually pretty quick, it would scoot the front tires all over the place.

He got rid of it after 3-4 months though. Just got tired of being in a Focus. lmao
Did it rattle and sound like a pos or what? Im not buying a ST Focus, i was talking about the Fiesta. Id consider a SE Focus if it was cheap enough. If I spend over 350/mo Ill just buy another c6. Lol. I want a super cheap car payment, almost like prepaying for gas for the month vs driving a foxbody with a race engine...
Old 02-21-2014, 11:24 AM   #6
re-rx7
Banned

Fiesta st has gotten better remarks then the Focus St. I will be trading my stang in most likely when the Focus RS makes its debut next year. 350hp and AWD FTW!!!

Last edited by re-rx7; 02-21-2014 at 11:33 AM.
re-rx7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 11:26 AM   #7
5PointSlow

i would def DD a fiesta ST and the lease rate is pretty awesome.

SOLD!
2012 Kona Blue GT Premium
Roush TVS/JLT Big Air
Stainless Works Long Tubes and catted X.
Magnaflow Competition Catback
AED Tuned
***Driver Mod***
10.88@134 on street tires
5PointSlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 11:46 AM   #8
46Tbird

Man, I'm just not sure I can tuck my manhood enough to be happy in an egg car.

Old 02-21-2014, 12:52 PM   #9
BERT
I love tube socks

But you would fit so well in it
BERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 01:00 PM   #10
STROKD
Old School

I think it looks sweeet.. trying to test drive one tonight
Old 02-21-2014, 01:12 PM   #11
Dominic Toretto

Originally Posted by STROKD View Post
The Corolla I was interested in apparently is a pile of shit commuter car. Its slower than its comp 0 to 60 is 9.7!!!, stops worse than all its comp, and handles for shit. Ive never had a Toyota and I know now why. They are for soul less transporters that have either no skill driving, or just dont gaf. I like to buzz on and off ramps, zip through slow cars on freeway, take off from lights sometimes etc. The Corolla seems about as bad as my Civic Hybrid which was the most annoying car in the world to drive.
Why on earth are you concerned with performance for a commuter/dd car? The point of a commuter car is reliability. A Corolla will outlast any Ford car period. 0-60, laterla Gs, top speed etc is just ridiculous to consider for a DD lol. Just save your money and drive the Mustang everywhere.

-Alex

Ford Racing . Pypes . BMR . CDC . American Muscle . DDM Tuning . BFG . J&M . Amsoil . MMD. JLT
Dominic Toretto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 01:14 PM   #12
DirtyD

If the car is the same cost, why not be able to enjoy the car as a DD while still getting excellent gas mileage?
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 01:20 PM   #13
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by Dominic Toretto View Post
Why on earth are you concerned with performance for a commuter/dd car? The point of a commuter car is reliability. A Corolla will outlast any Ford car period. 0-60, laterla Gs, top speed etc is just ridiculous to consider for a DD lol. Just save your money and drive the Mustang everywhere.

-Alex
LOL, Dominic, trust me on this and don't bother. Matt and I talk about this stuff every day and he just doesn't subscribe to that train of thought about being practical. His wants FAR exceed his needs/budget but he continues to look at certain cars he really doesn't need or can't afford. It's his decision though. /shrug.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 01:30 PM   #14
STROKD
Old School

Originally Posted by Dominic Toretto View Post

-Alex
I drive aggressive. I dont want a pof to wabble me around and not stop if I need to. Also I like to get around in traffic with out waiting for 15 cars to pass.

My mustang isnt going to be driven much, so this car will be more of an everyday driver than just a to and from work car. I had a Civic Hybrid, and I felt like mobile prey in it. Almost died at least 3 times. Never again. Need a daily that is fun, yet the payment costs about what the mpg savings would be vs driving the stang.
Old 02-21-2014, 01:33 PM   #15
Dominic Toretto

Originally Posted by DirtyD View Post
If the car is the same cost, why not be able to enjoy the car as a DD while still getting excellent gas mileage?
I've been around a number of cars that fall into the small, practical, DD category. There's no way I would ever pick a domestic of a Honda or Toyota. Those cars LAST and also(if anyone cars) have reasonable resale value.

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT View Post
LOL, Dominic, trust me on this and don't bother. Matt and I talk about this stuff every day and he just doesn't subscribe to that train of thought about being practical. His wants FAR exceed his needs/budget but he continues to look at certain cars he really doesn't need or can't afford. It's his decision though. /shrug.
Ah gotcha. Was just cruious. This is the first time I've seen someone look at 0-60 times for a DD ROFL. Just get a used ZO6 then.

-Alex

Ford Racing . Pypes . BMR . CDC . American Muscle . DDM Tuning . BFG . J&M . Amsoil . MMD. JLT
Dominic Toretto is offline   Reply With Quote