Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > General Discussions

General Discussions Discuss anything in general about your 5.0 Mustang that doesn't belong within the other categories here.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 01-21-2013, 03:32 AM   #1
STROKD
Old School

Default anyone into car audio here?

Wondering if anyone had an aftermarket stereo here. Been out of it a while and wanted to hear some newer stuff avail today.
Old 01-21-2013, 09:20 AM   #2
pohnjarker

nothing i have is really new...but my setup is:

JL comps up front, Focal rears, Kicker 1500.1 and i used to have an FI Sub but it blew so im looking at something else when i get home. i have the stock radio still so im using a line out converter to power the amp. decent setup and the Kicker is a beast so whatever sub i put to it, it'll thump. local shop is a dealer of American Bass and recommends them so i'll probably get an American Bass HD 12 sub and have him install everything.

i also have the comps inside the vents but will have to relocate as the Roush vent pod will be going in soon with the Aeroforce Interceptor.
Old 01-21-2013, 09:38 AM   #3
DirtyD

I started to get in to it when I had my F150. But never really caught flight, and now with the 5.0, I find myself listening to the exhaust more than bumpin' around town.
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 10:37 AM   #4
Grandpa
I> /\/\

I'm really love music and I have all sorts of ways to play it the car. A 32g USB stick, the harddrive, Pandora, AmazonMp3 player, CD's etc.

As far as stereo equiptment, at most I might upgrade my speakers for clarity at some point, but I have no desire for some big super loud booming system in the car anymore. I was into that when I was 18 years old but I'm too old for the shit now.

Now that I can actually hear my car exhaust note now, a lot of times I don't even have the music on and enjoying the rumble of the car is more then enough for me. When you are a parent you quickly learn to appreciate the rare times of how much noise you let into your ears. lol.

"Enjoy The Silence" - Depeche Mode.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 11:20 AM   #5
Bearded Banger

Originally Posted by Steve View Post
"Enjoy The Silence" - Depeche Mode.
Breaking Benjamin covered thy song on the "Shallow Bay Best of" release. It's kind of cool. Might be worth checking out.
Bearded Banger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 11:25 AM   #6
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by Bearded Banger View Post
Breaking Benjamin covered thy song on the "Shallow Bay Best of" release. It's kind of cool. Might be worth checking out.
Cool, I'll check that out.

<---major DM fan.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 11:36 AM   #7
unreal

Good car audio 10 years ago is still good today. I use to have some nice systems but now I don't care. I installed through college.

Focal, Dynaudio, Morel, CDT, ID etc are all still good last time I checked.
unreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 12:21 PM   #8
STROKD
Old School

Originally Posted by unreal View Post
Good car audio 10 years ago is still good today. I use to have some nice systems but now I don't care. I installed through college.

Focal, Dynaudio, Morel, CDT, ID etc are all still good last time I checked.
You are right, not a lot of players changed just new technology is all. Friend at Earmark was trying to tell me new shit is better than old school shit so I wanted to hear it to believe it. Anything made from China audio wise can suck my ass for all I'm concerned. I have about 40-50 grand retail of shit in storage closet, all old school Phoenix Gold/Orion/Alpine/Focal/JL stuff. Steve's heard a couple of my stereos I've built.

The vert has a decent stereo in it, as does the ole Porsche. Ordered replacement amps for it last night and repaired the changer myself. Should have it fully functional again next weekend, might take a road trip in it for my birthday.
Old 01-21-2013, 01:28 PM   #9
pohnjarker

i agree with those that love to listen to their exhaust also, i have to have something playing so i'll turn it down low and listen as i run through the gears around town.

but when i feel like bumpin...i bump!
Old 01-21-2013, 01:35 PM   #10
Eaglei532

Im into car stereo a bit. Done stereos in all my cars since high school. My cobra just got finished last week.
-Alpine in dash DVD/IPOD
-Infinity KAPPA 6.5 comps in front, KAPPA coax in rear
-MB Quart 4CH amp
-JL 10W3
-MB Quart 500x1 Amp
-A sh$t ton of dynomat

It sounds crisp and clear but doesn't overpower or rattle. Win. And all for around $1300

I also spend a lot of time listening to exhaust, the Bassani headers and X take care of that, but I like to have the option to bump

RIP Chris Kyle
Eaglei532 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 02:16 PM   #11
STROKD
Old School

Having a loud ass stang for over 10 years, I'm tired of the exhaust. I'd drive a car that had no exhaust sound if I could (not a slow hybrid, and Tesla's can't run stereos) lol
Old 01-22-2013, 01:23 PM   #12
GunsUp

Haven't been into car audio much since I was 16-18. Earmark did all my work on all 3 of my previous cars but now all I get done is a hardwire kit for my 9500.

Back in the day I had some $600 Alpine head unit with the badasssss motorized screen lol I feel old. Had a couple JL W3's with a JL 1000/1 amp (blew the subs multiple times).

Miss highschool sometimes throwing 10 people in my Tahoe and bumping around town
Old 01-22-2013, 06:58 PM   #13
BLK2012GT
Scared to race Steve

Talk to EW with autosound in Bedford.
I agree. A stick car shocks the tires MUCH harder and does it several times going down the track. With a big power stick car, the car is much more unsettled going down the track making it more of a challenge to ET well. A well running auto car is nothing more than just point and shoot. Which is great for a track car taking a lot of driver error out of the equation.
BLK2012GT is offline   Reply With Quote