Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > General Discussions

General Discussions Discuss anything in general about your 5.0 Mustang that doesn't belong within the other categories here.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 04-24-2014, 12:45 PM   #1
brtnstrns

Default Powdercoat Oil Pan/Ceramic Coat LT Headers

Have any of y'all ever had your oil pan powdercoated? I just received a road race oil pan for the Mach and I want the exterior of it powdercoated to avoid rusting. Is this something that can be done properly and hold up well? Any recommendations on where to have it done that will do it right and not get any residue or anything on the inside of the oil pan? (I'm in Lewisville, obviously the closer the better but the general DFW area is fine).

On a similar note, where could I get my LT headers ceramic coated? They're MAC longtubes which I believe are supposed to be ceramic coated from production but they've got some decent surface rust and I figured I would pull them off while I'm changing the k-member and have them done to freshen things up a bit.

Thanks!

03 DSG Mach 1

Stroked/Forged, Heads, Cams, Long Runner Intake, Built Cobra IRS, Cobra Fuel System
brtnstrns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 02:04 PM   #2
kdanner

Nitroplate does fantastic coatings. Lots of race cars running their stuff. Mine turned out really nice and has held up well. Interestingly when I called to set this up, the guy asked me if I wanted anything like the oil pan done also, so you could even get a more durable coating than a powerdercoat on your pan if you wanted to.

http://nitroplate.com/

kdanner is offline   Reply With Quote