Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > General Discussions

General Discussions Discuss anything in general about your 5.0 Mustang that doesn't belong within the other categories here.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-19-2013, 11:02 AM   #10
KungFuHamster

Originally Posted by Junkie View Post
Doing a small burn out is good regardless, just to at least clean the tire off. Also depending on pressure it is good to lower pressure even on street radials. Lots of us have done a lot of testing with Invos, which are recommended to be at 35+psi but at the track we all do much better with 20-22 in them
I agree a quick spin of the tires is good to knock the rocks off or any accidental moisture the tires may have picked up going around the waterbox. I usually just do a quick spin.

While my times are embarrassing, I can't believe how consistent I/my car was...especially running on street tires with a stickshift. .005 difference between my two passes? that's insane.

113 mph...I should be in the low 12s/high 11's. Oh well. I'll leave the ET on the track and save my tranny. Though I have my answer to my other thread. Screw a blower, I am going to start looking at a magnum swap. What good is 200 extra hp if I run 12's at 125 +mph? That's just foolish.

One thing is for sure. The AUTO is the way to go fast in these cars.