The Lounge The offtopic section.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 11-14-2013, 01:39 PM   #16
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by saunupe1911 View Post
Also, what if the price doesn't increase? It will still be the best bang-for-ya-buck performance car.
The price will increase. It always does, you can count on that. You think they would develop a new platform with a new IRS and not raise the price? Not likely.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 01:41 PM   #17
DirtyD

The IRS Ford put in the 03-04 wasn't meant for what those cars were built for. That IRS was from a consumer level car, and not intended for racing and burnouts.
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 01:42 PM   #18
saunupe1911

I got faith in Ford. They will get his right! There's too much riding on it.
saunupe1911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 02:29 PM   #19
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by DirtyD View Post
The IRS Ford put in the 03-04 wasn't meant for what those cars were built for. That IRS was from a consumer level car, and not intended for racing and burnouts.
So you're saying that people who were buying Cobras had no intention of racing them or doing burnouts?
Old 11-14-2013, 02:43 PM   #20
kdanner

It'll end up like the current Camaro. You'll wait for the aftermarket to produce things like a 9" center section and halfshafts that will take the abuse, and they will be $$$. Even then, an IRS won't plant the tires at a dragstrip or even on the street like a solid rear axle will, no way to use the torque to work the suspension like a solid rear axle car can.
kdanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 02:53 PM   #21
03MachMe

You guys are forgetting that 90% of the market could care less how it will hold up to repeated launches at the track. They are doing it because it rides better and handles better. They have said numerous times that they are trying to make the Mustang a global brand and sell a lot more over seas. One of the biggest complaints from other markets was the ride with the SRA. I would love an irs as long as it can handle road course abuse. A better ride on the street and better handling in the turns sounds like a win win to me.

2013 Deep Impact Blue GT Premium
386rwhp/383rwtq
03MachMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 03:04 PM   #22
DirtyD

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT View Post
So you're saying that people who were buying Cobras had no intention of racing them or doing burnouts?
No. read it again.

I'm saying that Ford was stupid in thinking that IRS was up to snuff to handle what they built the car for, and what they knew people would do with that car. Their assumption made an ass of them.

If Ford were smart, and it was stupid expensive to do so, they would offer a SRA as an option to those people that wanted to pay for it.
Old 11-14-2013, 03:10 PM   #23
03cobrarocks

No. read it again.

I'm saying that Ford was stupid in thinking that IRS was up to snuff to handle what they built the car for, and what they knew people would do with that car. Their assumption made an ass of them.

If Ford were smart, and it was stupid expensive to do so, they would offer a SRA as an option to those people that wanted to pay for it.
Would be awesome to see more options performance related as opposed to looks...

Stroked/Built Motor, Cams and Heads, Posi Port, Full Exhaust, Jlt High Boost Intake, Return Fuel System, Upr K, Steeda Tri-ax, Built Solid with 3.73s, and bunch of other nonsense. 585/580
03cobrarocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 03:15 PM   #24
03cobrarocks

Was the Terminator IRS that bad? Yall are bitter lol

I have had my terminator since 02 and I can tell ya the IRS was horrid! At least for wanting to race from a stop or slow roll. After i got a pulley i was like solid axle time! Was so nice doing burnouts and not having the rear end feel like a jack rabbit.

It use to be pretty expensive to get it setup nicely and keep the IRS, not sure if this is still the case. However not sure if you can fix the durability issue to much extent.

Tires fixed about 75% of it in my case but when I raced someone or was goofing around I didn't want to loose ground from wheel hop... Plus it just sounded dang goofy when you were getting wheel hop at wot lol.

Stroked/Built Motor, Cams and Heads, Posi Port, Full Exhaust, Jlt High Boost Intake, Return Fuel System, Upr K, Steeda Tri-ax, Built Solid with 3.73s, and bunch of other nonsense. 585/580
03cobrarocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 03:15 PM   #25
Grandpa
I> /\/\

No. read it again.

To the optimist, the glass is half-full. To the pessimist, the glass is half-empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.
Old 11-14-2013, 03:23 PM   #26
Crimson600+HP

I still think the IRS is the way for the Mustang to go. I think the SRA is at the limits of its capabilities in the handling department, without major help from the aftermarket. Road racing mine, a watts link was vital for me to keep the rear planted firmly throughout corners and I think a proper IRS will be even better.

However, this is going to come with some shortfalls. Price will increase for every model of the new Mustang. That, or there will not be as many standard features on it like there is nowadays on 2013+'s. I think Ford will do a decent job with the IRS, but the reliability of it scares the hell out of me.

For me, I will give the S550 one whole model run before I get rid of my 2013. Plus having a ProCharger strapped to it right now is enough to keep me happy
ProCharger P1SC Stage 2|Full Suspension|New Plans: NA CJ Intake Manifold/OR H Pipe/3.73 Gears
Road Raced|Auto-X'd
Drag Raced|12.4s @ 119.7
Texas Mile|1/2 Mile: 140.3|1 Mile: 166.4|She had more in her!
Crimson600+HP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 03:25 PM   #27
DirtyD

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT View Post
To the optimist, the glass is half-full. To the pessimist, the glass is half-empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.
Damn right it is!
Old 11-14-2013, 03:42 PM   #28
saunupe1911

Damn no wonder yall aren't that excited for it. I just want a more balanced car. My current setup is probably about as good as it gets for the streets/corners/drag.
saunupe1911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 04:26 PM   #29
Courtesy Flush

Damn no wonder yall aren't that excited for it. I just want a more balanced car. My current setup is probably about as good as it gets for the streets/corners/drag.
Whats to be excited about?

Same motor options.
Same Transmission options.
Ugly body update.
New IRS.

Let all the yuppies buy the 2015's and work out the quirks.

Maybe in a few years ill look into one.
Courtesy Flush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 07:02 PM   #30
Slow Five-O

Originally Posted by Courtesy Flush View Post
Whats to be excited about?

Same motor options.
Same Transmission options.
Ugly body update.
New IRS.

Let all the yuppies buy the 2015's and work out the quirks.

Maybe in a few years ill look into one.
Here's s what i like about the 2015.

Same motor options
Same transmission options
New body style (i like it)
Not that excited about the irs but we'll see.
-200 lbs.

Auto plus slicks and i doubt I'll have trouble with wheel hop and half shafts. I'll let ya know.

Last edited by Slow Five-O; 11-14-2013 at 08:44 PM.
Slow Five-O is offline   Reply With Quote