Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > General Discussions

General Discussions Discuss anything in general about your 5.0 Mustang that doesn't belong within the other categories here.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 02-05-2014, 10:53 PM   #16
JDMLOL

Originally Posted by BeastStang1302 View Post
Would you mind PM'ing me as well. Got a 02V6 that's constantly showing not ready status for the cats and the evap.

Evap could be a bad gas cap. You not gonna try the spacer/non-fouler trick?

The Queen:
2013 Race Red Mustang GT 6MT: 20" AMR's, GT500 AB, JBA LT's and ORX, SCT SF3/X3, MGW Short Throw, Some Carbon Wrap, Spoiler Delete, Eibach Sportlines, Koni STR.T's, BMR LCA's, BMR Relo Brackets, BMR UCA, Freedom Racing PHB, Maximum Motorsports CC Plates, BMR Safety loop, DSS Aluminum DS
JDMLOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 11:25 PM   #17
BeastStang1302

Well I went AutoZone and bought the non-foulers. But then online they say to drill 1/2 inch into them but that's way to wide and goes into the threading. But I still messed up some the threading drilling 5/8. So need to go buy another set now lol. When are you free buddy, might need your expertise.
    • BMR Panhard Bar
    • Cobra Jet Drag Springs
    • Roush Chin and side skirts
BeastStang1302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 11:51 PM   #18
JDMLOL

Originally Posted by BeastStang1302 View Post
Well I went AutoZone and bought the non-foulers. But then online they say to drill 1/2 inch into them but that's way to wide and goes into the threading. But I still messed up some the threading drilling 5/8. So need to go buy another set now lol. When are you free buddy, might need your expertise.

I tried the store-bought non-fouler trick first on my gti but the threading wasn't deep enough. I ended up getting a custom spacer off Amazon for 16 dollars. Go to Oreilly's if you want to make the store-bought non-foulers work. There are two different part numbers, both by the brand Help! I believe. One is longer than the other. The longer ones are the ones you want. I will need to do this same exercise on my car come October, I'm going to buy the ones off Amazon though.

The Queen:
2013 Race Red Mustang GT 6MT: 20" AMR's, GT500 AB, JBA LT's and ORX, SCT SF3/X3, MGW Short Throw, Some Carbon Wrap, Spoiler Delete, Eibach Sportlines, Koni STR.T's, BMR LCA's, BMR Relo Brackets, BMR UCA, Freedom Racing PHB, Maximum Motorsports CC Plates, BMR Safety loop, DSS Aluminum DS
JDMLOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 12:04 PM   #19
03cobrarocks

Default Inspection

Didnt they go more hardcore on emissions this year? I never have had a place visually inspect for cats and my computer has never thrown any codes. But my friend told me the fines and penalties for the inspector passing a faulty car got crazy this year.

My tint is darker than legal so I usually just roll up with widows down and they dont bother checking. It is only 20% sigh

Stroked/Built Motor, Cams and Heads, Posi Port, Full Exhaust, Jlt High Boost Intake, Return Fuel System, Upr K, Steeda Tri-ax, Built Solid with 3.73s, and bunch of other nonsense. 585/580
03cobrarocks is offline   Reply With Quote