Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > Performance

Performance Post anything performance related to your Mustang

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 02-01-2014, 08:51 PM   #31
NAVAG

I put on the Boss 302 H-Pipe with the side pipes and QTP cut outs. Sounds awesome. No drone. Not too loud with the cut outs open but I can close them and go back to stock for a quit ride when my rib is riding shotgun.

However, I might try a different set up if I delete the cats. I've been thinking of adding a blower eventually and the cats would be too restrictive and taking them off might make the straight pipes on the side too loud.
NAVAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 01:48 AM   #32
DirtyD

Originally Posted by NAVAG View Post
I put on the Boss 302 H-Pipe with the side pipes and QTP cut outs. Sounds awesome. No drone. Not too loud with the cut outs open but I can close them and go back to stock for a quit ride when my rib is riding shotgun.

However, I might try a different set up if I delete the cats. I've been thinking of adding a blower eventually and the cats would be too restrictive and taking them off might make the straight pipes on the side too loud.

Bossmustangsonline sells plates that are drilled out with different diameter holes to help tone down the exhaust tones.

I want to find some boss side pipes so bad.
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 01:31 PM   #33
Jriley

Right now my exhaust is all stock except for pypes axlebacks. I have JBA long tubes and a off road h pipe coming in the mail this week! I'm fricken PUMPED! Eventually I'm planning to get some electric cutouts and put them where the resonators are now, and maybe put my stock mufflers back on when I do the cutouts. I'm just thinking that having no cats AND running the pypes "muffler deletes" is gonna send a wave of noise ordinance issues and complaints from the home owner association.
Jriley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 02:13 PM   #34
re-rx7
Banned

Im going catted H.
re-rx7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 08:59 PM   #35
NAVAG

Originally Posted by DirtyD View Post
Bossmustangsonline sells plates that are drilled out with different diameter holes to help tone down the exhaust tones.

I want to find some boss side pipes so bad.
I'm tempted to take them off and sell them for some quick cash. Got some medical bills coming up that need to get covered. I am thinking of going with a different exhaust system in the future. Even though I love the way my car sounds with the side pipes...Like my exhaust is in stereo.

I already sold the cutouts for $250.

The Boss 302 H-Pipe/Side Exhaust comes from Ford Racing and Late Model Restoration and American Muscle have it for $794. I might let it go for half that.

If I get the will to crawl under the car and put the stock H-Pipe back on this weekend I'll post it on the For Sale section of the forum.
Old 02-26-2014, 11:59 PM   #36
Varilux

I'm considering adding the Boss quad exhaust on my '14 (btw, the Boss 302 side exhaust can be purchased at buyfordracing.com for only $699).

Since the side pipes come out prior to the mufflers, will the car pass inspection once they are installed? I would plan to install them without the restrictor plates. I test drove a Boss 302 before deciding to order the '14, and the quad exhaust sounds amazing (I have the GT500 mufflers now, and they already sound nice- but...).

'65 Coupe Silver Smoke Grey, Red interior, 200 I-6, T-5spd
'03 Convertible Silver Metallic, grey interior, V6
'14 GT Coupe, Sterling Gray, Brick Red interior, 5.0, 6M
Varilux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 12:10 AM   #37
DirtyD

The side pipes are baffled, so yes, it passes inspection.
Old 02-27-2014, 12:10 AM   #38
DirtyD

I just need $500 to order the side pipes from Tasca Ford and my exhaust setup is complete.
Old 02-27-2014, 10:22 AM   #39
NAVAG

I pulled the restricter plates out of mine. and installed cut outs. The cut outs were really cool for about a month when I noticed that they were always open. Might add cut outs again later if I install cat deletes.

You should pass inspection IF you know where to go. I live out in the sticks so I just pull into "Jim Bobs" Oil Change place. They just flash the lights, honk the horn and ask "Whatcha got under da hood?" Before slapping a sticker on. None of these places over here looked very hard at any of my cars/trucks.
Old 02-27-2014, 10:27 AM   #40
NAVAG

I decided to stay with my Boss 302 exhaust set up BTW. I mentioned that I might sell it cheap to get some quick cash but I couldn't part with it. I love the way it sounds, Especially the "gurgle" when down shifting into third when slowing down. I've been thinking of adding axle backs to it but I don't want it to be annoyingly loud with the cat deletes.
Old 02-27-2014, 10:32 AM   #41
NAVAG

LOL you could probably pull into one of the shops over here with no cats, straight pipes, lopey cam, loud as fuck, while being followed by a cloud of blue smoke and these goobers will probably pass it.

Of course, I say this now. Next year I might find myself bolting my stock parts back on so I can pass.
Old 02-27-2014, 10:39 AM   #42
DirtyD

I decided to stay with my Boss 302 exhaust set up BTW. I mentioned that I might sell it cheap to get some quick cash but I couldn't part with it. I love the way it sounds, Especially the "gurgle" when down shifting into third when slowing down. I've been thinking of adding axle backs to it but I don't want it to be annoyingly loud with the cat deletes.
go over to bossmustangsonline.com and order you some of these --> http://bossmustangsonline.com/index.php?topic=3663.0

I talked with the guy that makes them, and he suggested a 1/2" or 5/8" opening to be used with cat deletes, since the sound is increased. Listen to the videos they have, and you should be able to make up your mind.

GT500 mufflers sound great with the Boss midpipe setup, btw.
Old 02-27-2014, 11:03 AM   #43
NAVAG

Originally Posted by DirtyD View Post
go over to bossmustangsonline.com and order you some of these --> http://bossmustangsonline.com/index.php?topic=3663.0

I talked with the guy that makes them, and he suggested a 1/2" or 5/8" opening to be used with cat deletes, since the sound is increased. Listen to the videos they have, and you should be able to make up your mind.

GT500 mufflers sound great with the Boss midpipe setup, btw.
That was the direction I was headed. I was going to drill out the restrictor plates to about 1/2" and put them back in after the cat deletes. The ones that came with the H-Pipe look like they have about a 1/4" hole in them. I was going to start around 3/8" and work my way up. The restrictor plate might be too thin gauged to drill a bigger hole and not have any rattling. This is a good option. The GT500 mufflers are the ones I keep going back to when I'm shopping around.
Old 02-27-2014, 11:08 AM   #44
DirtyD

That was the direction I was headed. I was going to drill out the restrictor plates to about 1/2" and put them back in after the cat deletes. The ones that came with the H-Pipe look like they have about a 1/4" hole in them. I was going to start around 3/8" and work my way up. The restrictor plate might be too thin gauged to drill a bigger hole and not have any rattling. This is a good option. The GT500 mufflers are the ones I keep going back to when I'm shopping around.
I just went ahead and purchased the 5/8" plates from BOM, so hopefully I don't want to go smaller...lol. If I do, then I will have to order new plates, or I can drill out the block off plates I have. lol
Old 02-27-2014, 11:14 AM   #45
NAVAG

I forgot about the block off plates. I bet they are still in the Box with my stock H-Pipe. I can take them to work and but them on the drill press and try that first.