Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > Performance

Performance Post anything performance related to your Mustang

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 02-28-2014, 05:34 PM   #16
DirtyD

Originally Posted by zsommer79 View Post
Yeah if you really want to get them riled up say something less than positive about a GTR, for a Ford site they sure do like them some GTR.

So what do you you have done to your car that its runs a 10.5 quarter? On the bottle?
No bottle. All motor. kdanner is boss motor with CJ intake, I believe, with a few small weight mods, and just knows his tuning. Also an auto. His car moves out.
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 05:58 PM   #17
zsommer79

Originally Posted by DirtyD View Post
No bottle. All motor. kdanner is boss motor with CJ intake, I believe, with a few small weight mods, and just knows his tuning. Also an auto. His car moves out.
Just intake, no exhaust mods?
zsommer79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 06:11 PM   #18
DirtyD

Just intake, no exhaust mods?
No, he's full bolt-ons + stall. But a CJ intake instead of the Boss.....I think. He may still have the Boss IM.
Old 02-28-2014, 11:17 PM   #19
kdanner

Originally Posted by Dominic Toretto View Post
I was just referring to a few particular pictures a member there posted of the part he received. Not track times. The intake runners had stress cracks all inside the inside and had to be filled in order to be smooth. Other members saw similar structural issues with theirs as well, so that's all I was referring to. For the price of the part, I don't believe the craftsmanship should look shoddy.
Yes you can see gaps on the inside, it is not made in 1 piece, you'd have to 3D print them to do that and that wouldn't be cost effective. CJs are running 10.0s letting out of the throttle way early, there's nothing wrong with those intakes. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if the guys grinding on the inside of them are hurting more than helping.

So what do you you have done to your car that its runs a 10.5 quarter? On the bottle?
3.5 years of constant tweaking is the best answer. It is a Boss engine I got a deal on, stock other than the CJ manifold and headers. The car has the right converter/gear/tires/suspension. I track tune it, as dyno numbers do nothing to get it down the track quickly, which is my end goal. I'm sure it doesn't make much horsepower, but the car is able to use every last one of them.
kdanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 11:31 PM   #20
DirtyD

Honestly, Kris, if be really interested on knowing what your car puts down. I know dynos aren't your thing, but might just be nice to know?

As for the runner "porting", most of the guys are just getting rid of the casting lines on the inside of the runner, not really doing much of a typical port job
Old 02-28-2014, 11:37 PM   #21
kdanner

Honestly, Kris, if be really interested on knowing what your car puts down. I know dynos aren't your thing, but might just be nice to know?
Can't, the axle and trans are already gone, and engine is going to be. I'm having a dummy converter made for the new trans strictly for chassis dyno use since it is a non lockup trans, and do plan to spend a little time on the dyno with all the new stuff just to get a baseline to start with, really much the same as what I did back in June 2010 when I got the car.
Old 03-01-2014, 12:43 AM   #22
DirtyD

Originally Posted by kdanner View Post
Can't, the axle and trans are already gone, and engine is going to be. I'm having a dummy converter made for the new trans strictly for chassis dyno use since it is a non lockup trans, and do plan to spend a little time on the dyno with all the new stuff just to get a baseline to start with, really much the same as what I did back in June 2010 when I got the car.

What all is going in now? Glide and 9"?
Old 03-01-2014, 05:41 AM   #23
kdanner

What all is going in now? Glide and 9"?
Protrans 3 speed and sort of a 9" but lots of aluminum internal parts and others cut down to lighten, all ceramic bearings. Engine will be 2014 CJ spec. I got the brakes in the other day and they are artwork.

Old 03-01-2014, 08:53 PM   #24
DirtyD

Sweet mother!
Old 03-05-2014, 08:11 AM   #25
Dark Pony
Supporting Member

Old 03-05-2014, 11:30 AM   #26
Crimson600+HP

kdanner, safe to assume you won't be running the Mustang at the Texas Mile this March?

Sweet set up though.

As for the CJ intake build quality, I'm sure its mostly a couple cases being exacerbated on internet forums.
ProCharger P1SC Stage 2|Full Suspension|New Plans: NA CJ Intake Manifold/OR H Pipe/3.73 Gears
Road Raced|Auto-X'd
Drag Raced|12.4s @ 119.7
Texas Mile|1/2 Mile: 140.3|1 Mile: 166.4|She had more in her!
Crimson600+HP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 12:40 PM   #27
kdanner

Originally Posted by Crimson600+HP View Post
kdanner, safe to assume you won't be running the Mustang at the Texas Mile this March?

Sweet set up though.

As for the CJ intake build quality, I'm sure its mostly a couple cases being exacerbated on internet forums.

Yeah this car is done with the mile stuff. Maybe build something different for that sometime. I'd really like to do 200 NA there, only know of a couple of cars that did it, one was nearly 600 inches, the other had a nascar engine.
Old 03-05-2014, 03:14 PM   #28
DirtyD

Yeah this car is done with the mile stuff. Maybe build something different for that sometime. I'd really like to do 200 NA there, only know of a couple of cars that did it, one was nearly 600 inches, the other had a nascar engine.
You would need every trick in theworld of physics to get one of these cars there. lol
Old 03-05-2014, 09:11 PM   #29
kdanner

You would need every trick in theworld of physics to get one of these cars there. lol
Correct, Mustang aero is just flat out terrible. I did some rough calculations comparing the Mustang to a 1996-97 Thunderbird, the Mustang loses over 100hp more to aero drag at 180 mph.
Old 03-05-2014, 11:58 PM   #30
DirtyD

Correct, Mustang aero is just flat out terrible. I did some rough calculations comparing the Mustang to a 1996-97 Thunderbird, the Mustang loses over 100hp more to aero drag at 180 mph.

So now we know to find an old tbird for a coyote swap. Haha