Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > General Discussions

General Discussions Discuss anything in general about your 5.0 Mustang that doesn't belong within the other categories here.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 12-12-2012, 06:06 PM   #1
blownaltered
I have a small penis

Default hood

Well looks like I'm going to have to get a cowl hood on the 89, so I can raise the intake to put on taller valve covers. It already has a fiberglass hood but I need a taller one. Any recommendation on paint guys would be great, not looking for the cheapest or most expensive. Also which hood manufacterers are worth a damn.
blownaltered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 06:14 PM   #2
BLK2012GT
Scared to race Steve

Greg at five star ford body shop in carrollton is great. He is shaggin Wagon on dfwmustangs
I agree. A stick car shocks the tires MUCH harder and does it several times going down the track. With a big power stick car, the car is much more unsettled going down the track making it more of a challenge to ET well. A well running auto car is nothing more than just point and shoot. Which is great for a track car taking a lot of driver error out of the equation.
BLK2012GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 06:25 PM   #3
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by blownaltered View Post
Well looks like I'm going to have to get a cowl hood on the 89, so I can raise the intake to put on taller valve covers. It already has a fiberglass hood but I need a taller one. Any recommendation on paint guys would be great, not looking for the cheapest or most expensive. Also which hood manufacterers are worth a damn.
Check with our vendors! You get a discount with them and there is Christmas sales going on right now. Take advantage of them!

LateModel also has a two inch steel cowl hood like we were talking about as well as many others.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 06:26 PM   #4
STROKD
Old School

Cervini is what I recommend. get one that attaches and lifts up, not a stupid bolt on race hood...
Old 12-12-2012, 06:36 PM   #5
blownaltered
I have a small penis

Originally Posted by STROKD View Post
Cervini is what I recommend. get one that attaches and lifts up, not a stupid bolt on race hood...
I want it to function like stock. Really don't want to run hood pins but I really don't trust fiberglass at high speeds.
Old 12-12-2012, 06:37 PM   #6
Grandpa
I> /\/\

I want it to function like stock. Really don't want to run hood pins but I really don't trust fiberglass at high speeds.

http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/...teel-Cowl-Hood
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 06:54 PM   #7
blownaltered
I have a small penis

I just sent Tony with latemodel a message to see if it is a true cowl hood. From what I was told at Dallas Mustang is they sell the same hood and it just like a stock hood on the bottom so there is no extra clearance at all. I need the clearance or else I would leave the hood I got on it for a while.
Old 12-13-2012, 06:12 PM   #8
Tony@Latemodel

I just sent Tony with latemodel a message to see if it is a true cowl hood. From what I was told at Dallas Mustang is they sell the same hood and it just like a stock hood on the bottom so there is no extra clearance at all. I need the clearance or else I would leave the hood I got on it for a while.
i replied to your pm but i'll chime in here as well. unfortunately DM is correct on the clearance of the steel hood and i would suggest a Cervini hood if you need more clearance. i can get you a 5% forum discount or if you place an order for at least 4 parts we have a 12% off deal going right now.

Tony@Latemodel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 07:21 PM   #9
STROKD
Old School

Ive been almost 200, no hood pins... its called setting the hood up correctly to close right. Not throwing it on there and going racing.