Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > Photos & Videos > Member's Rides

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 03-17-2014, 10:44 PM   #16
El_Tortuga

Originally Posted by Crimson600+HP View Post
Realistically I am hoping to be in the 170s, if I am there on the second day I will be happy. Pick feel the first time is a learning experience and I want to gather as much info as I can pertaining to aerodynamics in order to maximize the horsepower I have now.

Just let me know, I can probably do it as long as he timing is good.
Other than ditching the mirrors, wing, and any other obvious drag items, isn't it mostly about keeping from piling up air under the hood? i.e. Taping/blocking up the front, leading edges, and/or helping vent it out.

I'm assuming that you can tape up a bunch of grill opening and still not have a cooling issue for a single blast?

Go fast, have fun, take pics, and don't break anything.
2014 GT Track Pack (300A) Black/Black, Recaros, Eibach Pro-kit, Koni adj (yellows), MM camber plates, Whiteline PHB & bracket, Whiteline adj rear sway,Hawk HP+, J+M SS lines,FRPP brake ducts, GT500 AB, 275/35/18 BFG Rivals on 18x10x43 D-force LTWs, Tint and blackout.
El_Tortuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 10:45 PM   #17
Hagen3great

How do ya like the new tires with that power? I'm about to get a set and thought about the PSS but it seems the conti DW are a better bang for the buck.

awesome setup btw! Kcco!
Old 03-18-2014, 10:54 AM   #18
Crimson600+HP

Originally Posted by El_Tortuga View Post
Other than ditching the mirrors, wing, and any other obvious drag items, isn't it mostly about keeping from piling up air under the hood? i.e. Taping/blocking up the front, leading edges, and/or helping vent it out.

I'm assuming that you can tape up a bunch of grill opening and still not have a cooling issue for a single blast?

Go fast, have fun, take pics, and don't break anything.
The first day I plan on running the car as is. No tape, no take offs or weight reduction, and my daily tune. I want to see what the car can do "stock" as it sits. Once I get a feel for the speed, launch, and as many of the other factors that I can, I will start playing with some things. Right now, I have the tape to tape off gaps and the ability to put my race tune on to eek out a couple more MPH's so I have room to improve on the second day. I am sure my first run in the morning on the second day will be my fastest so that is when I am going to tape and retune the vehicle. I'll be sure to take pics and video, just may take me a while to get everything uploaded but I will.

Originally Posted by Hagen3great View Post
How do ya like the new tires with that power? I'm about to get a set and thought about the PSS but it seems the conti DW are a better bang for the buck.

awesome setup btw! Kcco!
Thanks for the compliments. As far as the new tires, they are great. Many guys run a staggered set up with similar sized rear tires (285's) and they hook well. I run a square set up as I track it and it provides me predicatable cornering along with the ability to do a proper 4 tire rotation. I have no fitment issues either up front with my 1" drop, so 285/35/18's will fit no problem with +42 offset. The DW's hook well, but the PSS are the best in the business. So if you can swing the extra cash, get the PSS, but if you are wanting to save a couple hundred (the conti DW's have a $70 rebate or free go-pro like camera deal right now) on the purchase price of the tires, go with the Conti DW's.

I will have a more in depth review of these tires after this event as far as straight line traction. Come 17 May, I will have an even better review for their on track handling as I signed up to run Texas World Speedway again before I leave Texas this summer. Who knows, maybe the last time I ever get to run the track if they close it down.
ProCharger P1SC Stage 2|Full Suspension|New Plans: NA CJ Intake Manifold/OR H Pipe/3.73 Gears
Road Raced|Auto-X'd
Drag Raced|12.4s @ 119.7
Texas Mile|1/2 Mile: 140.3|1 Mile: 166.4|She had more in her!
Crimson600+HP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 11:07 AM   #19
DirtyD

Are you going to use only tape to block off? I would try to use as much cardboard as possible. It will be stronger against the wind pressures. Make sure you leave the brake ducts open though, because you will need them for slowing down. lol

Also, if it were me, I would at least leave a little portion of the grill uncovered so you have a feed of fresh air coming into the intake box.
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 11:34 PM   #20
Crimson600+HP

I have some precut cardboard for the upper and lower grills, but I only plan on using one at a time if I decide to tape off. Realistically I am doing this just to have hard evidence I went fast. Depending on the adrenaline rush, I may start working hard on aero with the tape if I decode this is something I want to do more in the future.
ProCharger P1SC Stage 2|Full Suspension|New Plans: NA CJ Intake Manifold/OR H Pipe/3.73 Gears
Road Raced|Auto-X'd
Drag Raced|12.4s @ 119.7
Old 03-24-2014, 10:35 PM   #21
Crimson600+HP

Well this weekend was fun. The fun got cut short Sunday & I wasn't able to take advantage of the tailwind, cool morning weather, and my 93 race tune in efforts to hit my 170+ MPH goal. This was my prepped vehicle for that mornings run before the rain screwed us all.

Here were my final results from day one. No aero mods, just my daily tune and a heavy foot. These were all with easy launches, rolling off the line getting into the throttle after I was over 25 MPH. I made my qualification run at 153 cruising, then posted two runs before the day was done within 0.1 MPH of each other showing I was consistent through the mile. Here is my top run.

Oh well, that's racing. Here are some of the photos I was able to take while I was out there. There was a ton of cool cars, but time was limited for me and most of the fast guys didn't attempt runs that could break or get close to the record.

Road Raced|Auto-X'd
Drag Raced|12.4s @ 119.7
Old 03-24-2014, 11:05 PM   #22
garner

Nice run! Sucks about the bipolar Texas weather though

Not sure if my dentist made it down to this one
Old 03-24-2014, 11:07 PM   #23
DirtyD

Awesome! Congrats man.

That Shelby though...weird...
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 10:40 AM   #24
Crimson600+HP

Originally Posted by garner View Post
Nice run! Sucks about the bipolar Texas weather though
Well, that is racing though. What upset me was bikers complaining during the drivers meeting before we attempted to run on Sunday. Many just wanted to hear their own voices I guess when the track marshall stated it was still too dangerous for bikes to run, but as the cars warmed the track they would open it back up to bikes. Losing 15 minutes there prevented about 15 cars from going (which I was in line to make it).

I may try an event like this again though, but depending on where I am at in the country will dictate where I do it. I want to try the Mojave Mile and Mile and a Half event they have out there in California.

Originally Posted by DirtyD View Post
Awesome! Congrats man.

That Shelby though...weird...
The Shelby was great looking in person in my opinion . Black with painted gold stripes is a good color combo. Surprised on the turnout this year. Once again, mostly American Muscle cars. A couple Euro cars were there (Porsche 911's, Aventador, VW Golf, BMW M's, Mercedes AMG's), but the Asian car showing was slim to nil. Outside of a couple GTR's (the RX-7.0 doesn't count with the LS7 under the hood), there was only one Nissan 240SX that made a couple runs but didn't do anything spectacular.
Road Raced|Auto-X'd
Drag Raced|12.4s @ 119.7
Old 03-25-2014, 01:00 PM   #25
El_Tortuga

Sucks about the weather, but glad the car ran well.
2014 GT Track Pack (300A) Black/Black, Recaros, Eibach Pro-kit, Koni adj (yellows), MM camber plates, Whiteline PHB & bracket, Whiteline adj rear sway,Hawk HP+, J+M SS lines,FRPP brake ducts, GT500 AB, 275/35/18 BFG Rivals on 18x10x43 D-force LTWs, Tint and blackout.
Old 03-25-2014, 01:02 PM   #26
Pewter Lurch

Your fuckin car is shweet! I love gold on red. Before the mustang I had a '99 red T/A with c5 bronze magnesium 17/18s and I absolutely loved them with red.

2011 Mustang GT Premium
The Go Fast:
Magnaflow 3" OA | Pypes X-Pipe | Steeda CAI | VMP Tune | BBK Cat Deletes | SVT GT500 quad mufflers |

The Ride & Look Good:
Ford K Springs | BMR Adj. LCAs | BMR Relo. Brackets | BMR Adj. PHB | GT500 Spoiler | Boss Rear | Retrofit Headlights | GT/CS facia | Boss splitter | Retro billet grille | Steeda X Brace | Enkie RPF1 18x8/18x9.5 | '14 tail lights | '14 GT500 quad bumber |

Collecting Dust:
|Go Fast Parts(SHHHH no one knows)|
Pewter Lurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 01:10 PM   #27
El_Tortuga

Originally Posted by Pewter Lurch View Post
Your fuckin car is shweet! I love gold on red. Before the mustang I had a '99 red T/A with c5 bronze magnesium 17/18s and I absolutely loved them with red.

Bonus if you post a pic of your mullet.
Old 03-25-2014, 08:39 PM   #28
Crimson600+HP

Originally Posted by El_Tortuga View Post
Bonus if you post a pic of your mullet.
Truth on the mullet. Double the points.

Thanks for the compliments. My car has always been function and speed, over looks and bling. I've been telling everyone gold/bronze is going to be the next color of wheels that is going to take over the car scene. This "murdered" out, all black look is getting old that everyone seems to be running. No offense to anyone running black wheels of course...
Road Raced|Auto-X'd
Drag Raced|12.4s @ 119.7
Old 03-25-2014, 09:17 PM   #29
Pewter Lurch

Im picking up some gloss black gt500 wheels sunday that will be getting grey powder coating done. Have a good friend that does it he just told me to find the color I want and he will order it and coat them.

2011 Mustang GT Premium
The Go Fast:
Magnaflow 3" OA | Pypes X-Pipe | Steeda CAI | VMP Tune | BBK Cat Deletes | SVT GT500 quad mufflers |

The Ride & Look Good:
Ford K Springs | BMR Adj. LCAs | BMR Relo. Brackets | BMR Adj. PHB | GT500 Spoiler | Boss Rear | Retrofit Headlights | GT/CS facia | Boss splitter | Retro billet grille | Steeda X Brace | Enkie RPF1 18x8/18x9.5 | '14 tail lights | '14 GT500 quad bumber |

Collecting Dust:
|Go Fast Parts(SHHHH no one knows)|
Pewter Lurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 07:50 PM   #30
Crimson600+HP

Im picking up some gloss black gt500 wheels sunday that will be getting grey powder coating done. Have a good friend that does it he just told me to find the color I want and he will order it and coat them.
Grey is always a solid choice. For these extra wheels I have I just wanted a little more in your face. I really love the way gold looks though every since Subie's have been sporting them on that blue.

In other notes, Lethal Performance Inc. sported my photo on their Facebook page. That makes Steeda and Lethal Performance now! Getting exposure I guess is always good. If only they would give me a larger discount lol.

Road Raced|Auto-X'd
Drag Raced|12.4s @ 119.7