Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > Members' Area > Events

Events If you know of an events or auto shows that are taking place near you, post them in here.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 07-11-2013, 12:36 PM   #376
BLK2012GT
Scared to race Steve

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT View Post
Congrats on re-inventing the wheel, Jeff.
So if I was on stock 19's from the get go then it wouldn't be inflated? Smh at some of y'all. My old 20's cost me 20 rwhp. That's quite a bit. My new wheels now are costing me 10 rwhp.
I agree. A stick car shocks the tires MUCH harder and does it several times going down the track. With a big power stick car, the car is much more unsettled going down the track making it more of a challenge to ET well. A well running auto car is nothing more than just point and shoot. Which is great for a track car taking a lot of driver error out of the equation.
BLK2012GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 12:50 PM   #377
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by BLK2012GT View Post
So if I was on stock 19's from the get go then it wouldn't be inflated? Smh at some of y'all. My old 20's cost me 20 rwhp. That's quite a bit. My new wheels now are costing me 10 rwhp.
I wasn't being literal about wheels, Jeff. You completely missed the point. lol.

It's funny, you give others like Nick and myself shit all the time, but anyone gives you some shit about your car you get super defensive and bent out of shape.

You've been talking mad smack about your 500rw Mustang like no one has seen that before. Then bench race your ass off over hypothetical numbers you don't even have yet telling other people they are a waste of your gas. lol. I mean come on, if you had the tune and knew the number, then fine.

It's going to be a quick car, yes and will be fun as hell to drive around town. It will make somewhere between 700-760rw would be my guess, but for you , I'll say 700-800rw. But guess what, it will be a quick 5.0 among the 5.0 crowd, but in the street race scene it's still a "sandbox" car and no where near the "mountain" group and that is what I am referring to when I call my car "slow". What is "fast" is relative. I've been at the 500-550rw power level for the last 8 years, that's just what I am used to so it's a given a 400rw car is going to feel slow. My complaint about the car being slow is just wanting to go a lil crazier this time making more power and I will get there in time if I keep the car long term.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 12:58 PM   #378
BLK2012GT
Scared to race Steve

I wasn't being literal about wheels, Jeff. You completely missed the point. lol.

It's funny, you give others like Nick and myself shit all the time, but anyone gives you some shit about your car you get super defensive and bent out of shape.

You've been talking mad smack about your 500rw Mustang like no one has seen that before. Then bench race your ass off over hypothetical numbers you don't even have yet telling other people they are a waste of your gas. lol. I mean come on, if you had the tune and knew the number, then fine.

It's going to be a quick car, yes and will be fun as hell to drive around town. It will make somewhere between 700-760rw would be my guess, but for you , I'll say 700-800rw. But guess what, it will be a quick 5.0 among the 5.0 crowd, but in the street race scene it's still a "sandbox" car and no where near the "mountain" group and that is what I am referring to when I call my car "slow". What is "fast" is relative. I've been at the 500-550rw power level for the last 8 years, that's just what I am used to so it's a given a 400rw car is going to feel slow. My complaint about the car being slow is just wanting to go a lil crazier this time making more power and I will get there in time if I keep the car long term.
Oh I'm sorry I guess 500 rwhp NA out of a coyote 302 is so fucking common nowadays. I'm sorry and if you think I'm only going to make between 700-760 with a 300 shot then you have no clue about cars. And I talk a big game about it cause I know it will happen. This isn't my first fast car and especially not my first nitrous car. And then calling me a bench racer what the fuck did I do yesterday. I raced against a guy that makes 50 more hp and 200 more tq then I do and I killed him. Even though he was on shitty as tires according to you professionals it doesn't matter how you win. So yes I will continue to talk a big game cause what other new 5.0 have you seen in my league? I have a unique build that you will not see to often.
I agree. A stick car shocks the tires MUCH harder and does it several times going down the track. With a big power stick car, the car is much more unsettled going down the track making it more of a challenge to ET well. A well running auto car is nothing more than just point and shoot. Which is great for a track car taking a lot of driver error out of the equation.
Old 07-11-2013, 01:01 PM   #379
BLK2012GT
Scared to race Steve

And I'm not trying to compete with the DR people. I don't have the pocket change like those guys do. So I don't know why you are even comparing my car to theirs.
Old 07-11-2013, 01:03 PM   #380
White_lightning

Oh I'm sorry I guess 500 rwhp NA out of a coyote 302 is so fucking common nowadays. I'm sorry and if you think I'm only going to make between 700-760 with a 300 shot then you have no clue about cars. And I talk a big game about it cause I know it will happen. This isn't my first fast car and especially not my first nitrous car. And then calling me a bench racer what the fuck did I do yesterday. I raced against a guy that makes 50 more hp and 200 more tq then I do and I killed him. Even though he was on shitty as tires according to you professionals it doesn't matter how you win. So yes I will continue to talk a big game cause what other new 5.0 have you seen in my league? I have a unique build that you will not see to often.
You are missing the point.. when you pull up and say " 500 rwhp".. no one cares if its out a 700 cube BBF or a 2.0 honda.. the only think you are going to beat with 500 rwhp are slow cars.

700-760 on a 300 shot? that's TERRIBLE..
on my nitrous tune i made 460 rwhp.. and made 650 on a 150 pill.. almost 700 with the 175 pills... why does it take 300 pills on a coyote to pick up that kinda power?

just sayin.. power is power.. when it comes to racing it doesnt matter how you make it or what you did to make it... if you dont have enough saying " well its only a 5.0" doesnt cut it.. when 3.0 supras are making 1300rwhp.
Old 07-11-2013, 01:05 PM   #381
BLK2012GT
Scared to race Steve

Originally Posted by White_lightning View Post
You are missing the point.. when you pull up and say " 500 rwhp".. no one cares if its out a 700 cube BBF or a 2.0 honda.. the only think you are going to beat with 500 rwhp are slow cars.

700-760 on a 300 shot? that's TERRIBLE..
on my nitrous tune i made 460 rwhp.. and made 650 on a 150 pill.. almost 700 with the 175 pills... why does it take 300 pills on a coyote to pick up that kinda power?

just sayin.. power is power.. when it comes to racing it doesnt matter how you make it or what you did to make it... if you dont have enough saying " well its only a 5.0" doesnt cut it.. when 3.0 supras are making 1300rwhp.
I haven't dyno my car with nitrous. That's what Steve thinks it will make. I think and TS thinks it will be over 800 for sure.
Old 07-11-2013, 01:06 PM   #382
BLK2012GT
Scared to race Steve

And how much did that 3.0 1300 hp supra owner spend to make all that power? Probably more then I earn in a year. Like I said I'm not trying to compete or be like those guys.
Old 07-11-2013, 01:08 PM   #383
Grandpa
I> /\/\

300 shot does not equal 300rw. Doesn't work like that. If that were the case, there would be a ton of cars running around making 2000rw with their multiple stage kits. lol

As for common or not, it doesn't matter, it's still a 500rw Stang at the end of the day. As I said, not exactly re-inventing the wheel. Yeah, it's cool it does it NA but in a race, you don't get extra lengths for how you make your power.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 01:10 PM   #384
BLK2012GT
Scared to race Steve

300 shot does not equal 300rw. Doesn't work like that. If that were the case, there would be a ton of cars running around making 2000rw with their multiple stage kits. lol

As for common or not, it doesn't matter, it's still a 500rw Stang at the end of the day. As I said, not exactly re-inventing the wheel. Yeah, it's cool it does it NA but in a race, you don't get extra lengths for how you make your power.
Have you ever owned a nitrous car? If so have you ever owned a direct port system on the car. Direct port works a lot different the single nozzle or plate systems.
Old 07-11-2013, 01:11 PM   #385
White_lightning

I haven't dyno my car with nitrous. That's what Steve thinks it will make. I think and TS thinks it will be over 800 for sure.
And how much did that 3.0 1300 hp supra owner spend to make all that power? Probably more then I earn in a year. Like I said I'm not trying to compete or be like those guys.
who cares what they spend? i could make 1000 rwhp in a 89 fox coupe with what your car cost stock..

why does it always come back to cost?
You know how i funded my vette? i worked my ass off.. i came here an uneducated immigrant and CLAWED My way to where i am working years of 18-20 hour days...

why does everyone think DR people are made of money? pretty much EVERYone on DR who has money worked their ass off to get where they are now... Sounds like you need to work harder if you want nicer things....
Old 07-11-2013, 01:12 PM   #386
White_lightning

i picked up 195 rwhp with a "150" shot

just sayin.
Old 07-11-2013, 01:12 PM   #387
BLK2012GT
Scared to race Steve

I never said my shit is a new discovering. But my is unique in its class. Like I said I'm not competing against people that puts 50k plus into their cars. I wanted to be different then the rest of what people are doing to their coyotes. Boost it and that's it. But I guess when you're the odd man out you will be hated and have haters.
Old 07-11-2013, 01:14 PM   #388
BLK2012GT
Scared to race Steve

who cares what they spend? i could make 1000 rwhp in a 89 fox coupe with what your car cost stock..

why does it always come back to cost?
You know how i funded my vette? i worked my ass off.. i came here an uneducated immigrant and CLAWED My way to where i am working years of 18-20 hour days...

why does everyone think DR people are made of money? pretty much EVERYone on DR who has money worked their ass off to get where they are now... Sounds like you need to work harder if you want nicer things....
I work my ass off. I earn every penny I make. I have other priorities other then trying to have the fastest car in Dallas.
Old 07-11-2013, 01:15 PM   #389
BLK2012GT
Scared to race Steve

i picked up 195 rwhp with a "150" shot

just sayin.
Well Steve won't argue with you cause you have a super duper fast car.
Old 07-11-2013, 01:15 PM   #390
White_lightning

Well Steve won't argue with you cause you have a super duper fast car.
LOL! my car is FAR from fast...

And steve argues with me all the time.. Because he's my Boy.. and it's fun