Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > Performance

Performance Post anything performance related to your Mustang

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 12-21-2013, 01:55 AM   #61
Boss949

Originally Posted by Dan12GT View Post
I think I've seen you driving around the Trophy Club / Roanoke area!
Yes, you have. I've seen you also. I live in TC.

Your car sounds great. I was at Roanoke Rd/170 when you went by.
2013 Boss 302 PW, Recaro, Torsen, AED tune, Airaid CAI, MGW, Hotchkis Springs/LCA, Whiteline Relo, CHE K Member w/Torque Limiters, Griggs Torque Arm Kit, T/A rear girdle, Kenny Brown Pan Hard Bar, Whiteline Tranny Bushing, JPC Linelock, JPC stainless clutch line, MT ET Street Radials (when needed), , 2013 GT500 Quad Axle Backs, Kooks LT 1 3/4, O/R X Pipe, Resonator Delete, JPC Line Lock,JPC Clutch Line.
Boss949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 02:05 AM   #62
Boss949

Originally Posted by kdanner View Post
At the TX Mile where it is all about power and there are no traction/suspension excuses, none of his cars seem to ever get it done. Even a TVS blown car he did was stuck in the mid 160s. Lund seems to be exactly the opposite, many strong cars there, year after year.
I ran The Mile for the first time. I only did 2 runs. 143 to qualify and then 152.7 later on Friday. I really didn't know I should have just kept it in 4th, etc. On my second run, it was into about 25 mph head wind and I could really tell the difference. Had to leave Friday night. I'm thinking my car can do 160 ish.??? However, I noticed your speed: 180; that's very good. You running Lund with what blower?

My son-in-law has CTS V (800+ rwhp) and he maxed out at 196 ( I think; have to verify)

ps Im also looking at VMP, Roush, etc…
2013 Boss 302 PW, Recaro, Torsen, AED tune, Airaid CAI, MGW, Hotchkis Springs/LCA, Whiteline Relo, CHE K Member w/Torque Limiters, Griggs Torque Arm Kit, T/A rear girdle, Kenny Brown Pan Hard Bar, Whiteline Tranny Bushing, JPC Linelock, JPC stainless clutch line, MT ET Street Radials (when needed), , 2013 GT500 Quad Axle Backs, Kooks LT 1 3/4, O/R X Pipe, Resonator Delete, JPC Line Lock,JPC Clutch Line.
Old 12-21-2013, 02:42 AM   #63
Yagermeister

Originally Posted by Boss949 View Post
I ran The Mile for the first time. I only did 2 runs. 143 to qualify and then 152.7 later on Friday. I really didn't know I should have just kept it in 4th, etc. On my second run, it was into about 25 mph head wind and I could really tell the difference. Had to leave Friday night. I'm thinking my car can do 160 ish.??? However, I noticed your speed: 180; that's very good. You running Lund with what blower?

My son-in-law has CTS V (800+ rwhp) and he maxed out at 196 ( I think; have to verify)

ps Im also looking at VMP, Roush, etc…
Boss949, kdanner tunes his own car and it is a NA Boss engine with a 6R80 trans in it...no blower, no turbo, and no NOS
Old 12-21-2013, 02:47 AM   #64
Boss949

Originally Posted by Yagermeister View Post
Boss949, kdanner tunes his own car and it is a NA Boss engine with a 6R80 trans in it...no blower, no turbo, and no NOS
That is impressive!!!

Yager: I've seen your Youtube also. Very impressive. Thanks for info.
Old 12-21-2013, 02:54 AM   #65
Yagermeister

That is impressive!!!

Yager: I've seen your Youtube also. Very impressive. Thanks for info.
No problem!
Old 12-21-2013, 07:09 PM   #66
kdanner

Yager already explained it pretty well. First time I ran the mile was in 2011, 160.4 with the bone stock engine, and I even had a 4.30 axle at the time. I had to borrow some taller tires to get it over 160 on my last run, and I did blow them off pretty hard so if I had more time it could have done somewhat better. Switched to a 3.31 axle and in 2012 I had the Boss engine and ran 171.5, I think I was pretty close to getting the most out of it I could at the time. 2013 I changed some things around and had the CJ manifold on the Boss engine. The 180 was a perfect run, and would be very hard for me to duplicate again. When it shifted into 4th gear right as the 1/4 mile mark went by, I knew it was going to be a good one. The car really needed a 3.15 gear in it to eliminate shifting into 5th, and it would do a bit better. The auto trans is a handicap out there, always chasing shift points in the calibration, the mile is the one place I wish I had a manual trans.

Another guy Cliff Elliot, he has been there every year I've been going, his 2011 GT/CS auto ran 144.0/169.2 this year. Fairly typical bolt on car, I know it has a Boss intake, and I think headers. Cliff and I have both outrun a lot of blown and nitrous 2011+ cars and GT500s out there.

I think the big thing is reduce drag as much as possible. Anything that sticks out on a side, or up, or hangs down underneath is just slowing the car down. I don't have any rear spoiler, no GT/CS fascia or splitters on the front end, it is just a stock GT front end. I take the mirrors off, and I cover the front end of the car in Road Wrap so no air gets through the grille or the lower opening. That's it, no tape all over the car like you'll see some doing out there. This car certainly doesn't look like it runs 180, but I spend my money making it faster, not on "look at me" crap.

kdanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 12:31 AM   #67
Boss949

Kdanner,

Nice car and great times. I really like the look; simply fast.

I like your 1/4 et. What mods?

I went to The Mile for the experience of it. Not sure when I'll run it again.
Old 12-22-2013, 01:03 AM   #68
Dominic Toretto

Originally Posted by kdanner View Post
This car certainly doesn't look like it runs 180, but I spend my money making it faster, not on "look at me" crap.
HEY!! I like my look-at-me crap very much sir!

Congrats on the run, 180 is very impressive in the mile. Also very impressive you are doing that NA and whooping up on some blown cars. Always enjoyed seeing your NA setup put a hurting on the tracks. Are you using stock cams, or anything aftermarket?

-Alex

Ford Racing . Pypes . BMR . CDC . American Muscle . DDM Tuning . BFG . J&M . Amsoil . MMD. JLT
Dominic Toretto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 02:01 PM   #69
kdanner

I like your 1/4 et. What mods?
Other than the intake and headers on the engine, it has a converter, 3.31 axle, really good suspension and tires. 3.5 years worth of refining the calibration.

Originally Posted by Dominic Toretto View Post
Are you using stock cams, or anything aftermarket?
Stock Boss cams.
Old 12-29-2013, 04:13 AM   #70
toomnymods

damn 180 in the mile is fuckin smokin.. I've never done the mile before so excuse my ignorance,lol Is blocking off all the air cooling the radiator safe? I imagine if you where making 700-800hp it'd probably cause the engine to blow or risk detonation? I'd like to try the texas mile eventually but doubt I'd come anywhere close to your numbers.
I'd be happy with 160 though

2014 Sterling Gray Gt 3.73's, MT82 Trans, Brembo pkg, JLT Carbon fiber CAI, AED E85 Race Tune, ARH Longtubes /w O/R X pipe, Borla Stinger Catback, DSS Alum Driveshaft, Bob's Autosports Oil Seperator, BMR drop springs, K Member, A-Arms, LCA, UCA, UCA mount, Panhard, Panhard brace, LCA Relocation brackets, Viking Dbl adj shocks, Strange Adj struts, MGW short throw shifter
toomnymods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 05:45 PM   #71
kdanner

Originally Posted by toomnymods View Post
damn 180 in the mile is fuckin smokin.. I've never done the mile before so excuse my ignorance,lol Is blocking off all the air cooling the radiator safe? I imagine if you where making 700-800hp it'd probably cause the engine to blow or risk detonation? I'd like to try the texas mile eventually but doubt I'd come anywhere close to your numbers.
I'd be happy with 160 though

There's a lot of time to wait before you run so the engine is cool. I've never seen more than 212 water temp at the end of a run.