Old 06-07-2013, 02:14 AM   #1
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Default A lesson we all should learn..

This guy has a solid point..

Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 02:38 AM   #2
downtime!

Nice message, but it goes against almost every rule of being a car guy. We, as car guys, need more. Constantly. It's like smoking crack, that first rush is awesome, then harder to attain each successive time. Speed is as much an addiction as any narcotic. The only way to not want more, is to not play the game in the first place.
Old 06-07-2013, 03:40 AM   #3
BLK2012GT
Scared to race Steve

Originally Posted by Steve View Post
This guy has a solid point..

So why do you want a vette?

And the last part if the video was I think all to David. Lmao
I agree. A stick car shocks the tires MUCH harder and does it several times going down the track. With a big power stick car, the car is much more unsettled going down the track making it more of a challenge to ET well. A well running auto car is nothing more than just point and shoot. Which is great for a track car taking a lot of driver error out of the equation.
BLK2012GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 09:02 AM   #4
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by BLK2012GT View Post
So why do you want a vette?

And the last part if the video was I think all to David. Lmao
I've had over a dozen Mustangs so I'm ready for something different. I think the Z06 is the best bang for the buck car in the lastfew decades. From stock, it's one of the best handling, quickest stock cars ever that outperform cars that cost two or three times as much. I'd also like a true sports car for a change, rather than an amped up passenger car.

I mean think about it, even as built as your car is it still has no chance against a stock C6 Z06. That's pretty impressive considering how modded your car is!
Old 06-07-2013, 12:46 PM   #5
BLK2012GT
Scared to race Steve

I've had over a dozen Mustangs so I'm ready for something different. I think the Z06 is the best bang for the buck car in the lastfew decades. From stock, it's one of the best handling, quickest stock cars ever that outperform cars that cost two or three times as much. I'd also like a true sports car for a change, rather than an amped up passenger car.

I mean think about it, even as built as your car is it still has no chance against a stock C6 Z06. That's pretty impressive considering how modded your car is!
You miss my point. Smh
I agree. A stick car shocks the tires MUCH harder and does it several times going down the track. With a big power stick car, the car is much more unsettled going down the track making it more of a challenge to ET well. A well running auto car is nothing more than just point and shoot. Which is great for a track car taking a lot of driver error out of the equation.
Old 06-07-2013, 12:52 PM   #6
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by BLK2012GT View Post
You miss my point. Smh
Then perhaps you should make your point abit more clear. Did you mean it as your usual negative rhetorical statement rather than an actual question? I answered your question.
Old 06-07-2013, 12:57 PM   #7
BLK2012GT
Scared to race Steve

Then perhaps you should make your point abit more clear. Did you mean it as your usual negative rhetorical statement rather than an actual question? I answered your question.
From the video it says you should be happy with what you have. And you said he makes a great point. Obviously you disagree with what he said cause now you want something "faster".
Old 06-12-2013, 12:22 PM   #8
Boomer

Bringing this thread back alive lol! But have to agree with Steve, although the vette I have sitting in my garage isn't a Z06, it's a C6 with some very minor mods and tune. The cars are very impressive and simply fun to drive!
Boomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 01:03 PM   #9
46Tbird

It's all about your resources. My car is my daily beater so I'm not interested in modding it too much. I have other things to waste my time and money on, like vacations, my house, and playing with my old cars. My Mustang looks good, runs good, is fun as hell to drive, and has cold a/c so I'm pretty satisfied with it.

If I had a retarded amount of money like SW or Mike Kelly I might chase four-digit horsepower or Texas mile records. But I don't, so I'm not going to get caught up in chasing the Joneses. It's crazy but I'm happy being slow!
Old 06-12-2013, 01:21 PM   #10
Selcouth

Originally Posted by 46Tbird View Post
It's all about your resources. My car is my daily beater so I'm not interested in modding it too much. I have other things to waste my time and money on, like vacations, my house, and playing with my old cars. My Mustang looks good, runs good, is fun as hell to drive, and has cold a/c so I'm pretty satisfied with it.

If I had a retarded amount of money like SW or Mike Kelly I might chase four-digit horsepower or Texas mile records. But I don't, so I'm not going to get caught up in chasing the Joneses. It's crazy but I'm happy being slow!
This is why I have a daily then the fun cars to play around with. That way when they break down I still have a means of transportation. Although I did just ordered a shifter and custom knob for the daily. If anyone has driven a GTO then they know what I mean when I say the Shifter/knob is absolute garbage when it comes to driving spirited.

Last edited by Selcouth; 06-12-2013 at 01:23 PM.
Selcouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 09:09 AM   #11
Bearded Banger

What gen/year Z06 you looking for?
Bearded Banger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 09:17 AM   #12
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by bearded banger View Post
what gen/year z06 you looking for?
08-10
Old 06-07-2013, 09:09 AM   #13
Bearded Banger

And that video only made me want to mod more.
Bearded Banger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 09:45 AM   #14
03MachMe

This guy must have spent too much time talking to my wife....

2013 Deep Impact Blue GT Premium
386rwhp/383rwtq
03MachMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 09:48 AM   #15
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by 03MachMe View Post
This guy must have spent too much time talking to my wife....