Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > General Discussions

General Discussions Discuss anything in general about your 5.0 Mustang that doesn't belong within the other categories here.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-03-2012, 10:26 AM   #1
Courtesy Flush

Default Error Code P0030 Heater Control Circuit

Looking for some insight for those of you that have dealt with this code previously or can offer some insight in my problem. P0030 refers to the Heater Control Module from what i understand, but also refers to Bank 1 Sensor 1 more specifically.

My guess is this error came from the high water i ran through in the monsoon that took place last weekend more specifically Sunday.

Im running SW headers so the O2's are moved from the stock location and are roughly 5-6 inches from the ground(not ideal IMO). My first guess was water may have gotten between a connection to the 02's and shorted something out. Fast forward to Tuesday, checked fuse to emissions control and no problems. Put car up on stands and saw no physical damage as well as no water within connections to 02's.

Car was misfiring and generally driving like shit and gas mileage was dropping pretty drastically.
Yesterday i replaced Bank 1 sensor 1 (drivers side) O2 i got from ford. Cleared code and misfiring was gone, but after 20 miles i got the code again.

Dah Fuk is wrong here??

Leave today and would like to put this pos on the rollers Saturday.

Please Advise.
Courtesy Flush is offline   Reply With Quote