Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > Photos & Videos > Pics & Video

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2014, 05:13 PM   #46
DirtyD

Originally Posted by Dan12GT View Post
Very true, to be honest I don't know why we are even comparing $1million sports cars to $100k cars. I simply made the statement that I would feel safer in one as apposed to some hawked up TT gallardo.
I'd feel more comfortable in a SSC Ultimate Aero than the Veyron at those speeds. The Veyron is like driving a boat at 200 mph.
Old 01-23-2014, 05:15 PM   #47
Dominic Toretto

Originally Posted by DirtyD View Post
The Veyron is like driving a boat at 200 mph.
When did you drive a Veyron?

-Alex

Ford Racing . Pypes . BMR . CDC . American Muscle . DDM Tuning . BFG . J&M . Amsoil . MMD. JLT
Old 01-23-2014, 05:44 PM   #48
Grandpa
I> /\/\

You can build a car comparable, if not exceeding the Veyron in every aspect for probably half the cost if you have the means and knowledge to do so.

Like I said, the Veyron is a status symbol more than it is a true enthusiast car. Now the Koenigsegg Agrea R is a completely different story.
Agreed 100%. Not to mention the Veyron cannot be driven full tilt very often. It will melt the tires due to it's aero and heavy weight, the clutches and turbos need to be replaced very often if it's not driven around like a grandma car.

As for a UGR TT Gallardo being a "hawked up" car, that is hilarious. If you have any clue what you are looking at and get a chance to get a close look at those full builds UGR does, they are modern works of art. They will out perform a Veyron in every manner and that's without a dozen oil coolers and intercoolers like the Veyron has. The Veyron is so inefficient as a mechanical thing it's ridiculous. Sure, it's a cool handmade car, but it's not the end all be all of big MPH cars. Not by any stretch of the imagination.
Old 01-23-2014, 06:03 PM   #49
Dan12GT

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT View Post
Agreed 100%. Not to mention the Veyron cannot be driven full tilt very often. It will melt the tires due to it's aero and heavy weight, the clutches and turbos need to be replaced very often if it's not driven around like a grandma car.

As for a UGR TT Gallardo being a "hawked up" car, that is hilarious. If you have any clue what you are looking at and get a chance to get a close look at those full builds UGR does, they are modern works of art. They will out perform a Veyron in every manner and that's without a dozen oil coolers and intercoolers like the Veyron has. The Veyron is so inefficient as a mechanical thing it's ridiculous. Sure, it's a cool handmade car, but it's not the end all be all of big MPH cars. Not by any stretch of the imagination.
Oh I agree 100% man. I was just saying you are comparing the UGR cars to a stock car, it SHOULD out perform any stock super car.

Funny too you mention the comment about melting the tires. I saw the Top Gear episode where they test the veyron top speed and the engineer mentioned something like the tires won't last anything longer than like 30 mins before they are shredded due to the down-force and speed of the car. Kinda crazy.

Airaid CAI | Borla S-Type Catback | Amsoil 10w30 and MTG Trans. Fluid
382hp 387ft/lb | 1/4: 12.9 @ 112mph
Old 01-23-2014, 06:17 PM   #50
DirtyD

Oh I agree 100% man. I was just saying you are comparing the UGR cars to a stock car, it SHOULD out perform any stock super car.

Funny too you mention the comment about melting the tires. I saw the Top Gear episode where they test the veyron top speed and the engineer mentioned something like the tires won't last anything longer than like 30 mins before they are shredded due to the down-force and speed of the car. Kinda crazy.
I'm pretty sure it's more like 30 seconds. The amount of friction between the rubber and road at that speed with the downforce is absurd.
Old 01-23-2014, 06:18 PM   #51
Grandpa
I> /\/\

They won't last NINE minutes. It's amusing that you are referring to a Veyron as a "stock" car too like it's a Kia or something. Haha.

It's a handmade built up supercar no different than any other hyper fast super car with the exception it's all built in one place. All the parts from the Veyron are shipped in from all over the world no differently than any other car.
Old 01-23-2014, 06:19 PM   #52
re-rx7
Banned

20 min at full speed. In other words they last 20 min at 268. Michelin makes the tire. 16k a set. It has those cooler and inter cooler because that's how you make it last. Not 3 runs then build it. The ugr shit breaks all the time. I've talked to will about this before.

Last edited by re-rx7; 01-23-2014 at 06:23 PM.
Old 01-23-2014, 06:20 PM   #53
DirtyD

Originally Posted by Dominic Toretto View Post
When did you drive a Veyron?

-Alex
your driving a 4200# car at 260 mph....I'm not dumb enough to drive that fast in a boat.
Old 01-23-2014, 06:24 PM   #54
Dan12GT

They won't last NINE minutes. It's amusing that you are referring to a Veyron as a "stock" car too like it's a Kia or something. Haha.

It's a handmade built up supercar no different than any other hyper fast super car with the exception it's all built in one place. All the parts from the Veyron are shipped in from all over the world no differently than any other car.
Stock meaning the way it comes from the factory. I swear you LOOK to argue ANYTHING! Anybody would understand the term stock meaning how it comes when you buy it....

Originally Posted by re-rx7 View Post
20 min at full speed. In other words they last 20 min at 268. Michelin makes the tire. 16k a set.
Just re-watched the video ya, lol 15 minutes of tire life at that speed. Jebus!

Old 01-23-2014, 06:34 PM   #55
DirtyD

Stock meaning the way it comes from the factory. I swear you LOOK to argue ANYTHING! Anybody would understand the term stock meaning how it comes when you buy it....
You are still comparing two different "levels" of cars though. A stock Veyron is way above a stock Gallardo, etc. Hypercar to supercar. Now comparing the Veyron to the Aero, Agera R, Zonda R, etc. is more of an equal stock comparison.

Just re-watched the video ya, lol 15 minutes of tire life at that speed. Jebus!
That's traveling to Dallas and back in 15 minutes at that speed. Shit.
Old 01-23-2014, 06:47 PM   #56
re-rx7
Banned

Tires are badass. Takes an hr to make one tire by hand.
Old 01-23-2014, 06:47 PM   #57
Grandpa
I> /\/\

So by that logic, I could go buy a UGR TTG and it's stock. Gotcha.

Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are dumber than that.
Old 01-23-2014, 07:03 PM   #58
Dan12GT

You are still comparing two different "levels" of cars though. A stock Veyron is way above a stock Gallardo, etc. Hypercar to supercar. Now comparing the Veyron to the Aero, Agera R, Zonda R, etc. is more of an equal stock comparison.

That's traveling to Dallas and back in 15 minutes at that speed. Shit.
I agree, but my point is Steve is comparing UGR cars to Veyrons and calling it the same level of comparison and then tossing in the idea the Veyron is trash. Which I said isn't an equal comparison in a stock vs stock format because the UGR cars are "hyper cars" due to the aftermarket attention and money involved with them after the fact. Obviously a UGR car would blow the doors off a stock Veyon.

In retrospect the same can be said if you take a v6 mustang and dump endless amounts of money into it to make it faster than a GT. Obviously the "lessor" car with tons of money devoted to it will generally be the more powerful car (if that is the end goal; generally speed / performance is a factor of money involved).

All my original point was YES, the UGR cars should be faster and I would expect them to be. I was only stating that I personally would simply just trust the car that is designed to go 250+ from the factory (engineered for this very purpose).

Maybe the UGR cars DO control and handle just as well as the Veyron at that speed, I have no idea. I am simply doubting that. However I am basing my opinion off of what I generally would think to see from a car with 2000hp. It goes fast in a strait line, and gets pretty hard to control the faster you go. (simple logic there).

So by that logic, I could go buy a UGR TTG and it's stock. Gotcha.

Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are dumber than that.

Unless UGR is some odd form or branch of Lamborghini like Roush is to Ford, UGR cars are not STOCK cars....

You can leave out the insulting people's intelligence part. I never personally attacked you. You just seriously make arguments where there are none to be had.

Old 01-23-2014, 07:03 PM   #59
re-rx7
Banned

Ugr is a tuning company. Not offered thru a dealer.
Old 01-23-2014, 07:44 PM   #60
Grandpa
I> /\/\

I agree, but my point is Steve is comparing UGR cars to Veyrons and calling it the same level of comparison and then tossing in the idea the Veyron is trash. Which I said isn't an equal comparison in a stock vs stock format because the UGR cars are "hyper cars" due to the aftermarket attention and money involved with them after the fact. Obviously a UGR car would blow the doors off a stock Veyon.

In retrospect the same can be said if you take a v6 mustang and dump endless amounts of money into it to make it faster than a GT. Obviously the "lessor" car with tons of money devoted to it will generally be the more powerful car (if that is the end goal; generally speed / performance is a factor of money involved).

All my original point was YES, the UGR cars should be faster and I would expect them to be. I was only stating that I personally would simply just trust the car that is designed to go 250+ from the factory (engineered for this very purpose).

Maybe the UGR cars DO control and handle just as well as the Veyron at that speed, I have no idea. I am simply doubting that. However I am basing my opinion off of what I generally would think to see from a car with 2000hp. It goes fast in a strait line, and gets pretty hard to control the faster you go. (simple logic there).

Unless UGR is some odd form or branch of Lamborghini like Roush is to Ford, UGR cars are not STOCK cars....

You can leave out the insulting people's intelligence part. I never personally attacked you. You just seriously make arguments where there are none to be had.
Please quote where I stated the Veyron was trash and quote where I personally "attacked" you. Why are you so defensive? It's a discussion. Any time I comment on something where I don't completely agree with your point its an "argument". Lay off the caffeine and relax. Damn. lol
Closed Thread