Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > Interior/Exterior

Interior/Exterior Post new mods or questions about the inside or outside of your mustang

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-23-2012, 01:38 PM   #1
Dan12GT

Default HIDs in Aftermarket Headlamps Question

So I recently installed the Raxxiom style headlamps from LMR. One disappointing thing was I could not re-use my H13 bulbs from the stock headlamps. The reason I wanted to re-use these are because I paid a cute penny for an HID kit that has High/Low beam bulbs.

So, I actually had a spare set of HID H9 bulbs laying around and plugged those into my ballasts and it worked fine, however I only have low beams on these bulbs. So, I know the ones the kit came with are dual high/low but obviously not HIDs.

My question is where can I find a dual high/low HID H9 bulb? I used DMM tuning before for all my other HID needs but apparently they do not carry this. Anybody else know of any other carrier that has dual high/low H9 bulbs?

For the time being I was probably going to take an extra look at the H13 bulb to see if I can modify it by any means to make it fit. Sometimes it just requires some trimming on the tabs, that I did not bother looking at during the install.
Dan12GT is offline   Reply With Quote