Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > Performance

Performance Post anything performance related to your Mustang

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 06-14-2013, 09:37 AM   #31
Luke

Originally Posted by Steve View Post
Contact Brooks. He makes custom kits from scratch. Good dude and solid work.
Yeah I know him, he lives a couple miles from me. When I'm back in town I'll give him a shout. Just seeing what other single kits were available as I hadn't seen much.
Luke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 10:18 AM   #32
5PointSlow

Originally Posted by Steve View Post
It all depends on personal driving style preferences and long term goals for your car. A Paxton has more big peak horsepower potential with the ability to make over 1000rw, but obviously that will require a full build of the motor, trans, clutch, rear, fuel system etc. Having to spin it to 8krpms isn't exactly street friendly but doable if you drive like an idiot. haha.

With a positive displacement blower, while it may not have a peak horsepower potential such as centri type, the instant torque makes it MUCH more street friendly/fun to drive on the street.

I've had both and both are fun to drive, but for ME, the PD blowers are they way to go for a street car. SO much fun to drive, easy "set it and forget it" type driving as long as you have a good tire on it.

Most street encounters you come across are usually only a gear or two pulls. A PD car will jump out and pull instantly, while a centri car builds power with RPM and usually has to play catch up reeling in a PD car. Centri cars usually make great MPH on the top end, but if you don't have enough ground to cover or the PD car sees you coming they usually hit the brakes early (03/04 Cobra guys are notorious for this! lol)

So pick what fits your driving style best and run with it.
Knocking down the centri with a PD car! I gave him the hit and I spun. This wasnt even on E85 just my 91 tune with 93 in the tank. The PD blowers are monsters on these cars.

SOLD!
2012 Kona Blue GT Premium
Roush TVS/JLT Big Air
Stainless Works Long Tubes and catted X.
Magnaflow Competition Catback
AED Tuned
***Driver Mod***
10.88@134 on street tires
5PointSlow is offline   Reply With Quote