Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > DFW 5.0 Mustang Club > Introduction

Introduction Are you new? Post a little about yourself here.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 07-18-2014, 12:13 PM   #1
5.0hoonigan

Default Introducing myself.

Hi my name is Kevin King. I have a black 2011 5.0 brembo pakg,3.73 rear, and MT. I have only done a few mods to it. I have a steeda cold air intake paired with a SCT tune. I also have OEM GT500 axle back exhaust. I want to upgrade the suspension and put some BOSS 302 recaro's in it. I just need to find the money ha! I have yet to run on a track or an auto cross but I hope to do it soon. If y'all have any advice I would love to hear it. Looking forward to meeting y'all.
5.0hoonigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 01:40 PM   #2
DirtyD

Welcome Kevin. What part of DFW are you in?
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 02:12 PM   #3
El_Tortuga

Welcome. Post pics!

Advice is worth what you pay for it, but here goes:

Love my Recaros, but if I hadn't ordered the car with them, the open market cost seems prohibitive vs a good aftermarket seat. Build plan is up to you, but be honest about where you are heading. I'm a combo daily driver and weekend toy so my suspension setup is mild and drivetrain is bone stock / dead nuts reliable. I've gone the street tire route for autocross classing so its a decent match with mild spring and shock combo which are good match for daily driving. My Rivals are on pace to go about 1-1/2 yrs which for me will be about 15-20 autocross and maybe 10 track events (app 15 track days). As much as I'd like to think I'm Moss, Fangio, and Fireball Roberts reincarnated, its really about developing the driving skill. I.e. getting the most seat time, and developing from that. Tires are the main consumable, so its pointless for me to buy R-spec tires when my skills are more modest.

Enjoy the ride!!!
2014 GT Track Pack (300A) Black/Black, Recaros, Eibach Pro-kit, Koni adj (yellows), MM camber plates, Whiteline PHB & bracket, Whiteline adj rear sway,Hawk HP+, J+M SS lines,FRPP brake ducts, GT500 AB, 275/35/18 BFG Rivals on 18x10x43 D-force LTWs, Tint and blackout.
El_Tortuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 04:58 PM   #4
5.0hoonigan

Originally Posted by DirtyD View Post
Welcome Kevin. What part of DFW are you in?
Richardson.

You?
Old 07-18-2014, 05:12 PM   #5
5.0hoonigan

Originally Posted by El_Tortuga View Post
Welcome. Post pics!

Advice is worth what you pay for it, but here goes:

Love my Recaros, but if I hadn't ordered the car with them, the open market cost seems prohibitive vs a good aftermarket seat. Build plan is up to you, but be honest about where you are heading. I'm a combo daily driver and weekend toy so my suspension setup is mild and drivetrain is bone stock / dead nuts reliable. I've gone the street tire route for autocross classing so its a decent match with mild spring and shock combo which are good match for daily driving. My Rivals are on pace to go about 1-1/2 yrs which for me will be about 15-20 autocross and maybe 10 track events (app 15 track days). As much as I'd like to think I'm Moss, Fangio, and Fireball Roberts reincarnated, its really about developing the driving skill. I.e. getting the most seat time, and developing from that. Tires are the main consumable, so its pointless for me to buy R-spec tires when my skills are more modest.

Enjoy the ride!!!
I just want a better set of seats that hold me better in the corners and are more comfortable. I just really like the look of those recaros but I amust open. As far as suspension, I want it to handle better and not have that tendency to understeer and be a little more direct. (No I am not going into corners too hot.) Also I want it's stance to be a little lower. I feel lIke the stock rear suspensions sits a little too high. I with you on the drive train. I don't want to do anything else to it. I am happy with about 460 bhp and my increased throttle response from the tune. I may do some stuff to the tranny.So that when I am hitting high rpms the tranny doesn't move so much because of the torque and I can have cleaner shifts. It's not a huge problem but something I may consider it. I have pilot super sports and love them! I now work for bridgestone so I can get 50% off of potenza S0-4's so I think those will be my next set of tires. I am not really looking to seriously compete in auto cross. I just really want to get some better experience without paying a ton of money to go to Austin or other tracks and do track days. I want to go do track days sometime soon though.

Thanks for your advice. I will take all that I can get.
Old 07-18-2014, 05:27 PM   #6
5.0hoonigan

Also how do I find out where all of the meets are?
Old 07-18-2014, 10:10 PM   #7
DirtyD

I'm in Fort Worth.

There is a section at the bottom of the forum that has a list of all the meets and get togethers that take place.

Also, 460 bhp? Is your car stock or modded?
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote