Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > General Discussions

General Discussions Discuss anything in general about your 5.0 Mustang that doesn't belong within the other categories here.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 11-21-2014, 02:27 PM   #106
BLK2012GT
Scared to race Steve

Originally Posted by Grandpa View Post
Says the guy who can barely get out of the waterbox from doing burnouts in 1st gear standing on the rev-limiter....
Would had been fine if it weren't for the tune. And don't say it wasn't cause my car went into limp mode 5 other times.
I agree. A stick car shocks the tires MUCH harder and does it several times going down the track. With a big power stick car, the car is much more unsettled going down the track making it more of a challenge to ET well. A well running auto car is nothing more than just point and shoot. Which is great for a track car taking a lot of driver error out of the equation.
BLK2012GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 02:35 PM   #107
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by BLK2012GT View Post
Would had been fine if it weren't for the tune. And don't say it wasn't cause my car went into limp mode 5 other times.
LOL, no way. That was all you on that one. Anyone with any sort of experience or common sense knows that burnouts should be done in 2nd gear and NOT bouncing off the rev-limiter. You are flat wrong on that one.

After that 1st burnout of yours, the car was most likely hurt and going into limp mode to protect itself. That had NOTHING to do with the tune. If TS was at fault on that, I would say so, but that was all you.

Every one standing around your car was going "holy shit, wtf is that guy doing?!!" while you were bouncing it off the rev limiter. lol
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 02:37 PM   #108
blownaltered
I have a small penis

LOL, no way. That was all you on that one. Anyone with any sort of experience or common sense knows that burnouts should be done in 2nd gear and NOT bouncing off the rev-limiter. You are flat wrong on that one.

After that 1st burnout of yours, the car was most likely hurt and going into limp mode to protect itself. That had NOTHING to do with the tune. If TS was at fault on that, I would say so, but that was all you.

Every one standing around your car was going "holy shit, wtf is that guy doing?!!" while you were bouncing it off the rev limiter. lol
Didn't he also do one in reverse?
blownaltered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 02:38 PM   #109
BLK2012GT
Scared to race Steve

Let's see here, one your buddy Clint told me to do it in first so I did. Second first time to the track in 10 plus years. And third it went into limp mode 5 other times after the track. So I'll wait to see what you have to say now.
I agree. A stick car shocks the tires MUCH harder and does it several times going down the track. With a big power stick car, the car is much more unsettled going down the track making it more of a challenge to ET well. A well running auto car is nothing more than just point and shoot. Which is great for a track car taking a lot of driver error out of the equation.
Old 11-21-2014, 02:39 PM   #110
BLK2012GT
Scared to race Steve

Originally Posted by blownaltered View Post
Didn't he also do one in reverse?
Negative dickhead I mean donnie
Old 11-21-2014, 02:51 PM   #111
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Let's see here, one your buddy Clint told me to do it in first so I did. Second first time to the track in 10 plus years. And third it went into limp mode 5 other times after the track. So I'll wait to see what you have to say now.
Oh come on, Clint would NEVER tell you to burnout on the rev limiter. lol. If he told you to do a first gear burnout, it's most likely cuz you had a super tall tire on it and your car makes SHIT for torque (mod motor thing, not just your car) so it needed help getting the tires going. I was standing 5 feet from Clint while you were doing your burn out and when you started bouncing it off the limiter, Clint started waving his arms to get your to stop but you kept going. Once you did stop, the car bogged then went into limp mode.

As I said, the car was most likely hurt during that burnout so it's no surprise that it went into limp mode. It is what it is, you fucked up, shit happens. I'm sure you won't do it again. lol
Old 11-21-2014, 03:21 PM   #112
BERT
I love tube socks

Ha! You must have some of Strokd's magic pixie dust that with your driving skills makes your car faster than everyone else's. Hahaha!

Your stock Z won't be the first one I've put a football field on. Bring your big boy pants.

How does that saying go?? Be careful for what you wish for
Old 11-21-2014, 03:28 PM   #113
BlackStang08

You tell me Stroked if I make it for a split second. Lol

And this was in the middle of summer on a very humid day. So right now it's probably between 550-560 rwhp. I'll find out at HPP toys for tots dyno day.
Awesome. Is that spray or all motor?
BlackStang08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 03:34 PM   #114
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by BlackStang08 View Post
Awesome. Is that spray or all motor?
All motor. His car made like 522rw. He's just stroking himself saying 560rw. lol
Old 11-21-2014, 03:36 PM   #115
BlackStang08

All motor. His car made like 522rw. He's just stroking himself saying 560rw. lol
lol. that's still impressive, though!
BlackStang08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 03:39 PM   #116
Dominic Toretto

Troll call!

Anyway, I believe the GT350 will perform better than the hype. It's got all the equipment to do so. Wider tire print, at least 500hp larger displacement, larger brakes and if these magnetic shocks are worthy it should bring a win against the Z/28.

I am a bit disappointed in the new 5.0L though. AM tested it against a 2012 and the 2012 GT was faster down the track. But the new Mustangs seem more focused towards cornering with the IRS now. However, I think it was MT that tested the 15GT with performance pack against the 15SS1LE and the 1LE was faster. From their commentary, largely in part due to the springs, shocks and tires. The Camaros just grip so much better and are better composed on the track. Mustang still had the floaty feel to it.

Honestly, arguing taxes, dealer markup and interest of all things is all subjective. Interest is based on your credit, two people can go into a dealership, one leave with 0$ and another leave with 24%. It's just dumb to argue that. You'll pay taxes and shit on ANY car you buy. Dealer markup is only done at some dealerships. Some people paid dealer markup on C7s and many people did not. It's still a buyers market, if one dealership wants to hike up prices and they actually sell it to someone that could afford, then it wasn't too much for that person... they could afford it. If another buyer does 5 minutes of research, he'll find a car that he can afford. If you're going to argue price, argue MSRP because, anything after that is completely subjective to the individual.

-Alex

Ford Racing . Pypes . BMR . CDC . American Muscle . DDM Tuning . BFG . J&M . Amsoil . MMD. JLT
Dominic Toretto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 03:43 PM   #117
Grandpa
I> /\/\

I believe the Space Shuttle will perform as advertised because it has all the equiptment to do it. Surely, it won't blow up...

Anyone jumping on the bandwagon this early is a just a fan boi. No data, no real world reviews, nothing to go buy other than hype and excitement. We'll see what happens when its in the hands of real owners, rather than marketers and paid off journalists. The ZL1 had the same hype behind it and it proved to be slow as balls on the street. We'll see what happens.
Old 11-21-2014, 03:47 PM   #118
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by BlackStang08 View Post
lol. that's still impressive, though!
Not bad for a lil 302. For the cost of it, could have gone boost, made more power and would have been more fun to drive with a fun powerband.
Old 11-21-2014, 03:55 PM   #119
Mustangdude72

Well at least we're back on topic..
2004 Cobra OW pullied, full exhaust 480rwhp SOLD
2014 Raptor Ruby red

2013 Boss 302 school bus yellow; MGW race spec short throw, CAI, catch can, muffler deletes, dyno tune 406rwhp 360rwtq....Daily driver
Mustangdude72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 04:15 PM   #120
Dominic Toretto

I believe the Space Shuttle will perform as advertised because it has all the equiptment to do it. Surely, it won't blow up...

Anyone jumping on the bandwagon this early is a just a fan boi. No data, no real world reviews, nothing to go buy other than hype and excitement. We'll see what happens when its in the hands of real owners, rather than marketers and paid off journalists. The ZL1 had the same hype behind it and it proved to be slow as balls on the street. We'll see what happens.
Actually data is out. It's just not the data you want. Sure, it's not specific but, did you expect it to be since the car was just announced?

Sure it could fail but, then again, it could not. You seem to want to just accept that it will fail or have the exceedingly skeptical attitude right off the bat. Why do you need to shout "fan boi" just because people are excited about the new car?

-Alex

Ford Racing . Pypes . BMR . CDC . American Muscle . DDM Tuning . BFG . J&M . Amsoil . MMD. JLT
Dominic Toretto is offline   Reply With Quote