Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > General Discussions

General Discussions Discuss anything in general about your 5.0 Mustang that doesn't belong within the other categories here.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 04-27-2014, 12:01 AM   #1
emery2483

Default Mt-82 issues

Having issues? Do NOT take it to Grapevine Ford. Please. This will be the third time I will have to take it in on Monday and I just got it back Friday night after working on it all last week (4-21 to 4-25). very sad, I'm pretty sure they did nothing but make it worse this time. Took it in because of tranny whine and tranny oil leaking. it STILL FUCKING LEAKS and once the transmission gets warm (5-10 miles of normal city driving) it screams. like when I drove past my house, my father could hear it scream over Borla S-type axle back in 2nd at 2k rpm. Will be taking it back in after I get out of school Monday and before I go into work. Very displeased with their work. Will never recommend them to anyone. Aaron will have a very happy customer come Monday.. But really, take it to any other Ford dealer in DFW.
emery2483 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 01:47 AM   #2
re-rx7
Banned

Take it to my dad's dealership. Fixed it first time.
re-rx7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 09:40 AM   #3
JDMLOL

Don't go to bankston either. Lol.

The Queen:
2013 Race Red Mustang GT 6MT: 20" AMR's, GT500 AB, JBA LT's and ORX, SCT SF3/X3, MGW Short Throw, Some Carbon Wrap, Spoiler Delete, Eibach Sportlines, Koni STR.T's, BMR LCA's, BMR Relo Brackets, BMR UCA, Freedom Racing PHB, Maximum Motorsports CC Plates, BMR Safety loop, DSS Aluminum DS
JDMLOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 10:47 AM   #4
five.slow

Originally Posted by JDMLOL View Post
Don't go to bankston either. Lol.
yea bankston service sucks pretty bad.
five.slow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 10:57 AM   #5
emery2483

it's just disappointing that they became a vendor here too LOL

Last edited by emery2483; 04-27-2014 at 03:09 PM.
emery2483 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 09:17 AM   #6
DirtyD

Sales dept became a vendor, not service.

Why continue to take it there is they can't fix it? Take it to a different dealer
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 10:25 AM   #7
PCB

Originally Posted by emery2483 View Post
it's just disappointing that they became a vendor here too LOL
Perhaps if you contacted Jeff to begin with he would have taken the time to oversee the car and make sure the repairs are done correctly.

I have taken my car to Grapevine Ford on numerous occasions for service and they always did great work and always kept me in the loop. Then again I did make an effort to go talk to Jeff, shoot the shit with him and make sure he could keep an eye on the car.
PCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 12:15 PM   #8
Dominic Toretto

Originally Posted by PCB View Post
Perhaps if you contacted Jeff to begin with he would have taken the time to oversee the car and make sure the repairs are done correctly.

I have taken my car to Grapevine Ford on numerous occasions for service and they always did great work and always kept me in the loop. Then again I did make an effort to go talk to Jeff, shoot the shit with him and make sure he could keep an eye on the car.
If you HAVE to go through that much trouble for a dealership to do what they are supposed to do in the first place, I'd go elsewhere. It's their job to fix the car correctly the first time. No customer should have to sweet-talk their way into getting good service.

-Alex

Ford Racing . Pypes . BMR . CDC . American Muscle . DDM Tuning . BFG . J&M . Amsoil . MMD. JLT
Dominic Toretto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 12:37 PM   #9
Fonzy7189

Originally Posted by Dominic Toretto View Post
If you HAVE to go through that much trouble for a dealership to do what they are supposed to do in the first place, I'd go elsewhere. It's their job to fix the car correctly the first time. No customer should have to sweet-talk their way into getting good service.

-Alex
Fonzy7189 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 01:00 PM   #10
PCB

-Alex
Has nothing to do with sweet talking anyone. My argument isn't over the service. He made a comment on how disappointing it is they are a vendor on this forum, in someway tying Jeff to the service department.

Why didn't he contact Jeff to see if he could help oversee his repairs, or maybe let him know his displeasing experience. I am willing to bet Jeff (seeing the OP is from the forum) would have tried to make things much better. I don't care why my car goes into Grapevine Ford, if it is there, I make sure Jeff knows about it, and I make sure the Service Manager knows I have informed Jeff. IF he did all this a Jeff was no help what so ever, then yes, by all means bash him and the dealer. Instead they thought they fixed the car, he took possession, and now the whine is back and OP is upset.

OP do this:

Take your car back to GF and talk to Jeff. Get a workorder # and email Jason: [email protected]

He is a customer service rep that overseas this region of Ford dealerships and makes sure they are doing their job the first time. I actually speak to Jason once a month about my pony projectors, and he keeps me up to date on when the new, recall free projectors will be in stock.

Last edited by PCB; 04-28-2014 at 01:02 PM.
Old 04-28-2014, 01:56 PM   #11
Dominic Toretto

Originally Posted by PCB View Post
Has nothing to do with sweet talking anyone. My argument isn't over the service. He made a comment on how disappointing it is they are a vendor on this forum, in someway tying Jeff to the service department.

Why didn't he contact Jeff to see if he could help oversee his repairs, or maybe let him know his displeasing experience. I am willing to bet Jeff (seeing the OP is from the forum) would have tried to make things much better. I don't care why my car goes into Grapevine Ford, if it is there, I make sure Jeff knows about it, and I make sure the Service Manager knows I have informed Jeff. IF he did all this a Jeff was no help what so ever, then yes, by all means bash him and the dealer. Instead they thought they fixed the car, he took possession, and now the whine is back and OP is upset.
You are correct, Jeff has nothing to do with the service department, he is in New Car Sales. So why contact someone that has nothing to do with the actual issue? That's like contacting the dealership about your Wendy's receipt. If this issue was concerning a sale, then yeah it would make sense to ask for Jeff's help but, trying to get Jeff out of his element just seems like asking him to do something he isn't familiar with. And if Jeff can't come through then OP would be bashing Jeff directly and unfairly. If Jeff can help you with service then that's great but, it shouldn't have to come to dragging him from making money in sales to go oversee a service department issue. If you were familiar with the receptionist, would you ask her to stop taking calls, to go watch over your car? Just because they all receive their checks from the same employer doesn't mean everyone there is multifaceted.

A dealership isn't operated like Walmart, where basically anyone can do almost everyone's job. I personally don't think it's fair to Jeff to ask him to go watch out for your car. That takes time from his job and his commissions. I've had my run-in with Jeff previously but, I'm all about being fair and this is not fair to Jeff. Hopefully you aren't taking this as a personal attack because it isn't.

-Alex

Ford Racing . Pypes . BMR . CDC . American Muscle . DDM Tuning . BFG . J&M . Amsoil . MMD. JLT
Old 04-28-2014, 02:27 PM   #12
PCB

You are correct, Jeff has nothing to do with the service department, he is in New Car Sales. So why contact someone that has nothing to do with the actual issue? That's like contacting the dealership about your Wendy's receipt.
That's a little drastic and well out of the realm as comparable to my argument.
If this issue was concerning a sale, then yeah it would make sense to ask for Jeff's help but, trying to get Jeff out of his element just seems like asking him to do something he isn't familiar with. And if Jeff can't come through then OP would be bashing Jeff directly and unfairly.
I look at it as Jeff is representing the board/forum. Technically a member could be seen as a potential customer or leads to a new customer. Seeing his job is customer service, I am sure putting in a word to Service wouldn't be out of line.

If Jeff can help you with service then that's great but, it shouldn't have to come to dragging him from making money in sales to go oversee a service department issue. If you were familiar with the receptionist, would you ask her to stop taking calls, to go watch over your car? Just because they all receive their checks from the same employer doesn't mean everyone there is multifaceted.
Has nothing to do with taking him away from anything. I am not asking him to stop selling cars. If he knows my car is there, and people know I talk to him more care is taken in service. Regardless of what anyone thinks it's true.

A dealership isn't operated like Walmart, where basically anyone can do almost everyone's job. I personally don't think it's fair to Jeff to ask him to go watch out for your car. That takes time from his job and his commissions. I've had my run-in with Jeff previously but, I'm all about being fair and this is not fair to Jeff. Hopefully you aren't taking this as a personal attack because it isn't.

-Alex
I am taking nothing personal. Just a slower day at work. Trying to get my point across. Jeff paid something to be a vendor here and one of the members is obviously unhappy with the level of service that his dealership provided. Jeff is a smart guy. Again I don't pull him away from his job, but I do make sure he knows and is kept in the loop. I guess it's all in "who you know". (Obviously that's unfair, but such is life)

I took my car in for deformed projections under the mirrors. Service gave it back to me during the day and said all is fixed. Come night time it wasn't fixed at all. Called Jeff and took it back up the following day where I was informed that the new improved projectors haven't been released yet but they will keep the service order open and call me when they arrive. I got notice this week it will be August.

Again if he came on the boards and said nothing about Jeff/GF being a vendor here I wouldn't have posted, but he said its "disappointing" which is unfair to Jeff.

I guess my question is, why wouldn't you let the guy who is a Vendor on this forum know you are having problems getting good service, before making a thread about it and/or shooting him a PM. Jeff is in sales, true but he does have friends in every department to make sure you treated fairly, and you can be honest with the guy.

Last edited by PCB; 04-28-2014 at 02:29 PM.
Old 04-28-2014, 03:18 PM   #13
Dominic Toretto

My point is simple. The dealership as reputable as Grapevine Ford should treat ALL customers with the best service possible. You shouldn't have to know a friend there to expect your car to be fixed right. The fact that you even admit that your car wasn't fixed right the first time and you felt compelled to get Jeff iinvolved confirms that this dealership isn't worth the hassle.

As stated, if Jeff can help you, that's great. But from the reputation Grapevine Ford seems to want, they aren't helping themselves.

-Alex

Old 04-28-2014, 03:22 PM   #14
re-rx7
Banned

-Alex
Agreed 100%
re-rx7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 04:56 PM   #15
PCB

My point is simple. The dealership as reputable as Grapevine Ford should treat ALL customers with the best service possible. You shouldn't have to know a friend there to expect your car to be fixed right. The fact that you even admit that your car wasn't fixed right the first time and you felt compelled to get Jeff iinvolved confirms that this dealership isn't worth the hassle.

As stated, if Jeff can help you, that's great. But from the reputation Grapevine Ford seems to want, they aren't helping themselves.

-Alex
Again I agree with you. He brought Jeff into the discussion which is unfair. If he brings him into the discussion then I expect Jeff to have had a role in this and he didn't. My argument is that it wouldn't have been a bad deal to introduce yourself and let Jeff know the complaint.

If he did bring Jeff into it, like me perhaps he would have found a solution like I did.

Last edited by PCB; 04-28-2014 at 05:11 PM.