Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > Photos & Videos > Pics & Video

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 01-03-2013, 10:00 AM   #16
merlinmol

LOL @ Steve and Midnight, I think it looks ok, but hard to tell, hurry up and get more pics slacker =P
merlinmol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 10:43 AM   #17
Midnight11
El Presidente

I still don't understand why I got brought into it. Yes Steve we know the point that you don't like any wheels besides true forged lol

2013 Ford Mustang 5.0 6M Brembo 3.73s
HPP TUNED
HP-enough
4-0 vs Steve
Midnight11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 10:58 AM   #18
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by Midnight11 View Post
Yes Steve we know the point that you don't like any wheels besides true forged lol
That's not true at all. lol

I think the Forgestars, F14s, RTR's look fine, my beef with them is they are FAR too common. In fact, they are so common some nonmustang people think they are a stock wheel! I heard some people walking by our cars at C&C and someone actually said that they were factory options because they saw so many cars there with them. Haha. Walking around the Mustang section, I could see how someone would think so because most of the Mustangs all look alike doing the same wheels and body mods.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 11:32 AM   #19
Midnight11
El Presidente

Originally Posted by Steve View Post

I think the Forgestars, F14s, RTR's look fine, my beef with them is they are FAR too common. In fact, they are so common some nonmustang people think they are a stock wheel! I heard some people walking by our cars at C&C and someone actually said that they were factory options because they saw so many cars there with them. Haha. Walking around the Mustang section, I could see how someone would think so because most of the Mustangs all look alike doing the same wheels and body mods.
you think they are common when in fact they are not. common to you bc you see them on forums which are the minority of mustang owners... i have yet to see a forgestar wheel from anyone not in this group...

2013 Ford Mustang 5.0 6M Brembo 3.73s
HPP TUNED
HP-enough
4-0 vs Steve
Midnight11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 11:54 AM   #20
BLK2012GT
Scared to race Steve

Originally Posted by 03MachMe View Post
Duh Steve doesnt like them, they didnt cost $3k
But these did cost 3k new.
I agree. A stick car shocks the tires MUCH harder and does it several times going down the track. With a big power stick car, the car is much more unsettled going down the track making it more of a challenge to ET well. A well running auto car is nothing more than just point and shoot. Which is great for a track car taking a lot of driver error out of the equation.
BLK2012GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 11:54 AM   #21
BLK2012GT
Scared to race Steve

Originally Posted by merlinmol View Post
LOL @ Steve and Midnight, I think it looks ok, but hard to tell, hurry up and get more pics slacker =P
Once my engine is done I will be getting better pics. Hard to move the car with no engine or tranny in it.
I agree. A stick car shocks the tires MUCH harder and does it several times going down the track. With a big power stick car, the car is much more unsettled going down the track making it more of a challenge to ET well. A well running auto car is nothing more than just point and shoot. Which is great for a track car taking a lot of driver error out of the equation.
BLK2012GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 12:35 PM   #22
Courtesy Flush

Originally Posted by Steve View Post

I see your point as the market is huge for these cars, but Mustangs are very common as is so you are going to get quite a few doing similar modifications. Being that our cars a quite affordable most owners that get into the aftermarket modifications are going to go towards the more practical and budget based mod.
Courtesy Flush is offline   Reply With Quote