Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > Photos & Videos > Pics & Video

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 10-17-2013, 02:59 PM   #16
DirtyD

Originally Posted by maxpayne View Post
Damn, the sound coming out of that vid is redic. Love it.

Also, when doing these pulls, do each car have a driver and a passenger?
Yes. Each car has a passenger.
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 03:08 PM   #17
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by DirtyD View Post
Conservative is still the key word. Josh may be downplaying it a little, but he is the type of guy to still be truthful in his word.
I'm not saying he isn't. I'm sure after another certain situation around here I doubt anyone will overplay what their car is capable of performance wise again. lol.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 03:19 PM   #18
DirtyD

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT View Post
I'm not saying he isn't. I'm sure after another certain situation around here I doubt anyone will overplay what their car is capable of performance wise again. lol.
In that case, under the current situation, I make 450 hp.....
Old 10-17-2013, 03:29 PM   #19
Grandpa
I> /\/\

In that case, under the current situation, I make 450 hp.....
That's plenty of power for hauling smelly puppies and purses. I proudly hold the title for the slowest 5.0 here.
Old 10-17-2013, 03:37 PM   #20
DirtyD

That's plenty of power for hauling smelly puppies and purses. I proudly hold the title for the slowest 5.0 here.
Tucker actually doesn't smell. Still has that faint scent of puppy smell to tell the truth.

As for purses, Stephanie's damn purse makes my car weigh as much as a Camaro.
Old 10-17-2013, 03:49 PM   #21
CSICKS

It doesn't make sense to downplay slow though
CSICKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 03:57 PM   #22
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Tucker actually doesn't smell. Still has that faint scent of puppy smell to tell the truth.

As for purses, Stephanie's damn purse makes my car weigh as much as a Camaro.
You're just used to it now, but ALL dogs smell and I guarantee if your dog rides in your car it smells too from the dog dander.

Originally Posted by CSICKS View Post
It doesn't make sense to downplay slow though
It keeps those pesky legitimate fast cars away from picking on you when you say your car is slow. In my case though, my car really is slow. It's stock and I'm an old fat guy who can't shift for shit.
Old 10-17-2013, 04:05 PM   #23
DirtyD

You're just used to it now, but ALL dogs smell and I guarantee if your dog rides in your car it smells too from the dog dander.

It keeps those pesky legitimate fast cars away from picking on you when you say your car is slow. In my case though, my car really is slow. It's stock and I'm an old fat guy who can't shift for shit.
Being an inside dog, you'd be surprised.
Old 10-17-2013, 04:38 PM   #24
JDBishopArts

Lol. Nothing to hide here. I really just don't know what it makes. Yes I should be in the 560-570 range. I'm only at 15.5 degress of timing. I think the average for my pulley/combo is 17-17.5. However in the cold my car might be giving itself some extra timing. I got on it on the way home from Rosas last night and I could def feel a difference in the pull. It's quick but it's not a beast.

The idea is I'll be switching to E85 next month with the ambition to make 600. There should be no reason I shouldn't be at or over 600 on a conservative tune. At that point I'll be done. At least for a while till I can get an aluminator. Then I'll pulley down and shoot for 700-750.

I don't care how fast it is at the track. I totally respect people who are pushing for certain times at the track. I think it's really cool to see their progress. I'd rather have a great handling pretty quick street car I can do just about everything with. I had such a great time at the Mustang VS Camaro event. Drove there, ran a pretty respectable 1/4 mile time, finished 4th overall at autox, (although my best time was good for 2nd and I'm an idiot and forgot to tighten up my suspension) and drove it home. I'm building it to stay together. I'd rather run an 11.6 at 124 and break the tires a little loose than 11.0 and break something else. Although getting loose going into 4th wasn't fun. haha I still think there must have been something on the track.

I'm really happy with the car. If you see me talking crap I'm just playing around. I'll be the first to bust someones balls and the first to bust my own. It's all in good fun. I'll race anyone for fun. That's what this group should be about. Supporting each others wants with their cars. Hopefully a few people will learn it's not worth it acting a fool. haha

All that being said ...

KING OF THE BEST LOOKING 5.0s CLUB RIGHT HERE!

JDBishopArts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 04:50 PM   #25
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by JDBishopArts View Post
I don't care how fast it is at the track. I totally respect people who are pushing for certain times at the track. I think it's really cool to see their progress. I'd rather have a great handling pretty quick street car I can do just about everything with.

I'm with ya 100% on that one, Josh. Exactly what I'm wanting to do as well.

How does is it feel compared to the Cobra?
Old 10-17-2013, 05:06 PM   #26
merlinmol

Until you actually Dyno it's hard to say. The other thing is I had Dale in my car and he had Jeff, near impossible to judge. We will be doing another set of runs with no passengers. We weighed our cars at Ennis. Mine was 3818 with me in it and his was 3887 or something like that with him in it. The 2nd run was more accurate for what we were running that night. The first i was perma spinning 1 and 2. Probably the most fun races I have had since they were so close.
merlinmol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 05:09 PM   #27
DirtyD

Originally Posted by merlinmol View Post
Until you actually Dyno it's hard to say. The other thing is I had Dale in my car and he had Jeff, near impossible to judge. We will be doing another set of runs with no passengers. We weighed our cars at Ennis. Mine was 3818 with me in it and his was 3887 or something like that with him in it. The 2nd run was more accurate for what we were running that night. The first i was perma spinning 1 and 2. Probably the most fun races I have had since they were so close.
Yeah, I liked the 2nd race. Pretty easy to tell you had traction issues in the first race. Yeah for low speed rolls on street tires. haha
Old 10-17-2013, 05:48 PM   #28
JDBishopArts

Excuses excuses
JDBishopArts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 08:31 PM   #29
garner

Psh. That's all me, everybody knows green is the slowest color lol