Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > General Discussions

General Discussions Discuss anything in general about your 5.0 Mustang that doesn't belong within the other categories here.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 05-07-2014, 01:22 PM   #46
PCB

Originally Posted by DirtyD View Post
Did you decide to keep the car afterall?
For now. My future wifey has been opposed to it seeing she said this was the last car that I would get for me. It also has a bit of sentiment to me as it was in our "save the date" pictures.

My dad had a 67 fastback he sold around my age and regrets it to this day.

I will revist the idea after I am married and see what happens. Obviously if someone comes along with the right price nothing is out of the question.
PCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 01:50 PM   #47
DirtyD

Originally Posted by PCB View Post
For now. My future wifey has been opposed to it seeing she said this was the last car that I would get for me. It also has a bit of sentiment to me as it was in our "save the date" pictures.

My dad had a 67 fastback he sold around my age and regrets it to this day.

I will revist the idea after I am married and see what happens. Obviously if someone comes along with the right price nothing is out of the question.
Same here. I don't want to sell, and would have a very hard time doing so, but once Stephanie and I move into a house after the wedding, it might have to go. I hope not, but we will see.
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 02:00 PM   #48
Grandpa
I> /\/\

It's a Mustang, not a Bugatti. It's easily replaced. Not a big deal.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 02:14 PM   #49
DirtyD

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT View Post
It's my first performance car period, so I'd like to hold on to it for a bit. That's just me thoughts.
Old 05-07-2014, 02:19 PM   #50
PCB

My dad thought the same thing with his 67 mustang.
Old 05-07-2014, 02:20 PM   #51
Grandpa
I> /\/\

It's my first performance car period, so I'd like to hold on to it for a bit. That's just me thoughts.
I understand. You're just starting out in the hobby. If you're a lifetime car guy, you will probably have 20 more performance cars at least. Don't miss out on all the other cool cars out there because you have some sentimental attachment to it. Especially considering it's just a standard 5.0 that you can easily pick up another at some point if you wanted to. If it was a rare color combo GT500 or something, I could somewhat get that I guess, but at the end of the day, it's still a Mustang, tons of them were made and you can replace it. Life is short, enjoy the hobby to its fullest.
Old 05-07-2014, 02:23 PM   #52
Grandpa
I> /\/\

My dad thought the same thing with his 67 mustang.
I have had some rare cars too. My last one was a super clean heavy modded 93 Cobra. I had it for several years, enjoyed it, then sold it and then on to the next cool toy. I love my toys too and spend countless hours taking care of them but I'm not going to keep that from experiencing other cool stuff too.

And there is a big difference between an old 67 and a late model Stang too. Not even an apples to apples thing IMO. lol
Old 05-07-2014, 02:47 PM   #53
PCB

I have had some rare cars too. My last one was a super clean heavy modded 93 Cobra. I had it for several years, enjoyed it, then sold it and then on to the next cool toy. I love my toys too and spend countless hours taking care of them but I'm not going to keep that from experiencing other cool stuff too.

And there is a big difference between an old 67 and a late model Stang too. Not even an apples to apples thing IMO. lol
You can say that now though, like they did in 67. Come see me in 47 years.
Old 05-07-2014, 02:52 PM   #54
Grandpa
I> /\/\

You can say that now though, like they did in 67. Come see me in 47 years.
Ha! Its all good. To each to their own. What I've learned the last year is to live life the best you can. Tomorrow isn't a guarantee. I want to experience as much of this hobby as I can rather than being complacent with one car I can't take with me when I'm gone.
Old 05-07-2014, 03:02 PM   #55
DirtyD

I understand. You're just starting out in the hobby. If you're a lifetime car guy, you will probably have 20 more performance cars at least. Don't miss out on all the other cool cars out there because you have some sentimental attachment to it. Especially considering it's just a standard 5.0 that you can easily pick up another at some point if you wanted to. If it was a rare color combo GT500 or something, I could somewhat get that I guess, but at the end of the day, it's still a Mustang, tons of them were made and you can replace it. Life is short, enjoy the hobby to its fullest.
Beauty of the car hobby is I can build the car up to what I want it to be, so it's not a standard run of the mill 5.0 anymore. That's the whole point of customzing, at least in my eyes. Now if I had a stock 5.0, kept it stock, then I could see that making sense.

When my truck was totaled, it hurt me to see it gone. Yeah, it was just a v6 F150, but it was still a truck that I worked on, enjoyed, made my own, and made many memories in. It's about making it your own.

Look at how many cars Jay Leno has. He doesn't sell off, just buys more because each one has a story or connection with it. That's how I feel.
Old 05-07-2014, 03:12 PM   #56
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Beauty of the car hobby is I can build the car up to what I want it to be, so it's not a standard run of the mill 5.0 anymore. That's the whole point of customzing, at least in my eyes. Now if I had a stock 5.0, kept it stock, then I could see that making sense.

When my truck was totaled, it hurt me to see it gone. Yeah, it was just a v6 F150, but it was still a truck that I worked on, enjoyed, made my own, and made many memories in. It's about making it your own.

Look at how many cars Jay Leno has. He doesn't sell off, just buys more because each one has a story or connection with it. That's how I feel.
I disagree. Simply because you could easily find another car like yours and modify it the same way. It's not like you have done anything crazy or exotic that can't be easily replicated.

I've had several people ask me how I could sell my 5.0 just like you did. That's the same thing I told them. Sure, it's a nice car but it isn't something that I couldn't easily do again.

My V will be the same way. It will be big power, nice wheels, stance blah blah blah. It will be fast, fun to drive and super clean just like the rest of my toys. I will enjoy it for awhile and move on to the next thing. It's a "limited edition" special car, record holding around the Ring blah blah blah and all that noise. When I'm done with it, I'll move on to the next toy which will be even more fun. It will most likely be a ZR1 after this car. But the V is something I could replace too. Not a big deal.

I can't wait to run some 9's with a four door with two babyseats in the back! lol
Old 05-07-2014, 03:13 PM   #57
PCB

Ha! Its all good. To each to their own. What I've learned the last year is to live life the best you can. Tomorrow isn't a guarantee. I want to experience as much of this hobby as I can rather than being complacent with one car I can't take with me when I'm gone.
Whatever you say grandpa. Murder She Wrote comes on in 10 minutes on KDFI.
Old 05-07-2014, 03:16 PM   #58
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Whatever you say grandpa. Murder She Wrote comes on in 10 minutes on KDFI.
This grandpa is waiting for 2:30 to pick up the kiddo and then go strangle some whippersnappers at BJJ training.
Old 05-07-2014, 05:04 PM   #59
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Old 05-07-2014, 05:20 PM   #60
DirtyD

If only.....