Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > Members' Area > Events

Events If you know of an events or auto shows that are taking place near you, post them in here.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 07-11-2014, 03:18 PM   #1
PCB

Default TMS Tonight

Me and a few friends are headed out to TMS tonight for the drags. Thought I would extend the invite since we are recall free. Should be a good turn out.

PCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 04:56 PM   #2
Lucky13

I think my son and I may be coming out.

Lucky13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 05:14 PM   #3
PCB

Originally Posted by Lucky13 View Post
I think my son and I may be coming out.
I promise not to tell him about you spending his college money.

Ill be out there in my white 5.0, I am a tall goofy looking guy.
Old 07-11-2014, 05:16 PM   #4
Lucky13

Originally Posted by PCB View Post
I promise not to tell him about you spending his college money.

Ill be out there in my white 5.0, I am a tall goofy looking guy.
Hahahaha! I'll be there in a white 5.0 also LOL! Short goofy looking guy. Black hat and red shoes with a skinny ten year old who's destined to no college.

Old 07-11-2014, 05:23 PM   #5
Courtesy Flush

Went out to the first two weeks they had it and was ok racing.
Ever since they lost sponsorship from Scion though its lost organization.

Show & Shine event is way too long. They really need regulate run times for events. If you or friends are running all i can say is be careful guys. "Slick as ice" is an understatement when describing the pit road you race down.

EDIT***
Ironically i also have a white 5.0.
Courtesy Flush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 12:41 AM   #6
Lucky13

A lot of fun out there tonight. A whole lot of 5.0s. I had never driven around that track and had no idea of the banking. Managed 95 on turn three with wife and kid yelling at me to slow down. LOL!

Old 07-12-2014, 11:47 AM   #7
PCB

A lot of fun out there tonight. A whole lot of 5.0s. I had never driven around that track and had no idea of the banking. Managed 95 on turn three with wife and kid yelling at me to slow down. LOL!
That's awesome man. I was keeping an eye out for you but there were tons of white 5.0 there.
Old 07-12-2014, 12:27 PM   #8
Lucky13

That's awesome man. I was keeping an eye out for you but there were tons of white 5.0 there.
Ford was well represented!

Old 07-14-2014, 01:02 AM   #9
DirtyD

Not going back out to TMS again until they find a way to at least handle the traction issue. When I went, there was so much rubber laid down from people spinning that guys running slicks and DRs were having a hard time getting traction. Not going to risk my car for that
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 09:53 AM   #10
Lucky13

There was definitely a traction issue. It was fun from a spectator pov. Going to take the bike out week after next and take it around the track. That was super fun in the car!

All that said, pretty poorly organized, but it's not like it was 50 or a hundred bucks, either...

Old 07-14-2014, 10:17 AM   #11
PCB

Originally Posted by DirtyD View Post
Not going back out to TMS again until they find a way to at least handle the traction issue. When I went, there was so much rubber laid down from people spinning that guys running slicks and DRs were having a hard time getting traction. Not going to risk my car for that
There is no way in blue hell I would run my car out there. Not after that chick was careflighted out two weeks ago.
Old 07-14-2014, 10:21 AM   #12
Grandpa
I> /\/\

There is no way in blue hell I would run my car out there. Not after that chick was careflighted out two weeks ago.
Exactly. That surface has always been crap and it just gets worse. Its not worth totaling your car over. The GTR's are the only ones able to get the power down out there.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 10:22 AM   #13
DirtyD

There was definitely a traction issue. It was fun from a spectator pov. Going to take the bike out week after next and take it around the track. That was super fun in the car!

All that said, pretty poorly organized, but it's not like it was 50 or a hundred bucks, either...
Ever since Scion dropped their sponsorship of the event, it's been pretty damn unorganized.

I watched the Diesel Dynamics Powerstroke Lightning almost do a full 180 into the wall the week I went, which was the week before the Pink Sonoma wrecked. When I got sideways in my car all the way through second gear after breaking traction on the shift, I said that was it. Might do the show and shine to go around the track, but idk for sure.
Old 07-14-2014, 05:23 PM   #14
Courtesy Flush

Its unfortunate that happened to her but it could have been prevented.
Her truck sat at the start line for 30 minutes while they did parade laps. She started it up, did no burnout and got stubborn when the rear got loose 3-4 times.
All this on an un-prepped surface in a drag truck. Couldn't believe they had to cut the entire top and through the cage to get her outta that thing.
Courtesy Flush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 05:30 PM   #15
DirtyD

Originally Posted by Courtesy Flush View Post
Its unfortunate that happened to her but it could have been prevented.
Her truck sat at the start line for 30 minutes while they did parade laps. She started it up, did no burnout and got stubborn when the rear got loose 3-4 times.
All this on an un-prepped surface in a drag truck. Couldn't believe they had to cut the entire top and through the cage to get her outta that thing.
Was the wreck that bad?!?!? Did you she roll it?