Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > General Discussions

General Discussions Discuss anything in general about your 5.0 Mustang that doesn't belong within the other categories here.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 09-10-2014, 11:24 PM   #1
whitboy82

Default Exhaust clamp help

So, this weekend I installed the Lethal performance OR X pipe and OTAs to my car, which already had the Flowmaster Outlaw axle back mufflers. I'm having one problem though. The "C" clamps that attach the mufflers to the OTAs just don't seem to wanna hold my passenger side muffler tight enough. I try holding the muffler in place, then, with my impact drill, I tighten down the clamp until it can't tighten anymore. Problem is, even after that the darn muffler can still move. It is sturdy but with only a little force it will easily move to where it can touch the paint. And, it doesn't match the placement of the driver muffler.

Short of going to an exhaust shop, is there anything I can do to fix it?
C&L CAI, Lethal O/R X, Lethal OTAs, FM Outlaws, SCT X4, AED tuned, SR lowering springs/Koni Str.t, SR LCA, BMR panhard, Power Stop Z26 rotors/pads, CDC grill, MMD downforce spoiler, Roush full lip kit, Concept One CS-6 wheels, etc

2018 Mustang GT Performance Pack 2
whitboy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 07:42 PM   #2
downtime!

Are you talking about the tip placement in the exhaust opening? I had issues with my old Pypes axle back, and at some point in time I got tired of messing with it, got the tip centered in the hole, and them put a small pair of vise grips on the rear hanger to keep it from moving. That was 3 years ago, had totally forgot about it until we were demodding the car at Franks shop back in March. Held up just fine, never moved and can't be seen unless your under the car.
Old 09-11-2014, 10:54 PM   #3
Reaper

I've had issues with aftermarket ota pipes not perfectly bent right causing alignment issues because not every car is the "same". A local exhaust shop can fix that and I don't imagine it being much. Do you have a torque wrench to double check?
Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 03:37 AM   #4
BlackStang08

I believe I might have had a similar issue. Mine started to rattle. Took it to an exhaust shop and they "tack" weld where the pipe comes out by the clamp. I think they did like three small tacks so it's not permanent. Cost me 30 bucks? and no issues.
BlackStang08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 06:46 AM   #5
JDMLOL

Are you having problems with that spherical looking clamp holding? If not, you need to loosen the over axle pipes at the mid pipe and rotate them inward or outward as desired.

The Queen:
2013 Race Red Mustang GT 6MT: 20" AMR's, GT500 AB, JBA LT's and ORX, SCT SF3/X3, MGW Short Throw, Some Carbon Wrap, Spoiler Delete, Eibach Sportlines, Koni STR.T's, BMR LCA's, BMR Relo Brackets, BMR UCA, Freedom Racing PHB, Maximum Motorsports CC Plates, BMR Safety loop, DSS Aluminum DS
JDMLOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 08:07 AM   #6
whitboy82

Originally Posted by JDMLOL View Post
Are you having problems with that spherical looking clamp holding? If not, you need to loosen the over axle pipes at the mid pipe and rotate them inward or outward as desired.
I was kinda thinking i might have to do that. Yeah Im referring to the spherical clamps at the mufflers. Even when i use an inpact drill to tighten they still gave play in thr movement of the muffler.

And like you said, i think im gonna have to mess with the clamps at the x pipe because Im also having trouble getting the tips to sit high ebough. Right now they look like theyre slightly pointed down. Gonna have to loosen everything and re adjust.
C&L CAI, Lethal O/R X, Lethal OTAs, FM Outlaws, SCT X4, AED tuned, SR lowering springs/Koni Str.t, SR LCA, BMR panhard, Power Stop Z26 rotors/pads, CDC grill, MMD downforce spoiler, Roush full lip kit, Concept One CS-6 wheels, etc

2018 Mustang GT Performance Pack 2
whitboy82 is offline   Reply With Quote