Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > Performance

Performance Post anything performance related to your Mustang

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 06-25-2013, 10:10 AM   #76
Doug1227

I'll have some numbers for you soon... should be in the 7.0/10.8 range through the auto.....
Old 06-25-2013, 12:53 PM   #77
STROKD
Old School

Originally Posted by Doug1227 View Post
I'll have some numbers for you soon... should be in the 7.0/10.8 range through the auto.....
I'd love to run you. Only car I've raced was a turbo 93 Fox that ran mid 10s. Steve can chime in how that went if he wants. Injectors will be here tomorrow, then final tuning. Its at 559/593 before the old injectors were removed. They weren't done, just dirty and rusty, so no want them in the car anymore. Hoping for real close to 600/600. Tq is about there but car was banging out from 55-6500 with old cloggy injectors.
Old 06-25-2013, 02:24 PM   #78
JOHNGT

I'd say look for a quality set of lt headers. You can always sell the h-pipe. Then beef up the suspension more.
2010 gt. Performance mods: ford racing hot rod cams, American racing longtube headers, 3" high flow catted American racing x-pipe, 3"piping back to borla type-s mufflers, ford racing k springs, Shelby sway bars, adjustable panhard bar, brembo shocks/struts, sumitomo 285/35/18 rear tires. cosmetic:gt4 replicataggered set, smoked raxiom headlights(galos off), raxiom tail lights.
JOHNGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 03:21 PM   #79
Toby

Steve I think you should build the car how you want it, not how everyone else wants you to build it.

But to answer your question on the blowers, if it were my car with the current mods you have. I would go with a p1, stage 2 inter cooler, kb bap, and retune. With 12-13 lbs of boost it should make mid to upper 600's and be 100% reliable and fun.

Or if a twin screw is your choice then add a tvs with 10-12 lbs of boost, huge heat exchanger, large tank for the water and good sized pump. This will keep heat soak as minimal as possible and still be fun.

Either way it will be a fun car that is 100% reliable drive it anywhere in complete comfort, you can haul the family in it if needed.
Toby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 03:23 PM   #80
Toby

Oh an if you wanna talk track times, there are plenty of 5.0's running 10.9's with just bolt ons n/a...
Old 06-25-2013, 04:03 PM   #81
White_lightning

d1 > p1..
Old 06-25-2013, 04:06 PM   #82
blownaltered
I have a small penis

Originally Posted by White_lightning View Post
d1 > p1..
wouldn't by a procharger unless it was an F1. Ive had the other version eat itself.
blownaltered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 04:31 PM   #83
White_lightning

Originally Posted by blownaltered View Post
wouldn't by a procharger unless it was an F1. Ive had the other version eat itself.
umm.. my d1 was rock sold.. i dont know a single person who has ever had an issue with a procharger.....ever..
Old 06-25-2013, 04:33 PM   #84
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by Toby View Post
Steve I think you should build the car how you want it, not how everyone else wants you to build it.

But to answer your question on the blowers, if it were my car with the current mods you have. I would go with a p1, stage 2 inter cooler, kb bap, and retune. With 12-13 lbs of boost it should make mid to upper 600's and be 100% reliable and fun.

Or if a twin screw is your choice then add a tvs with 10-12 lbs of boost, huge heat exchanger, large tank for the water and good sized pump. This will keep heat soak as minimal as possible and still be fun.

Either way it will be a fun car that is 100% reliable drive it anywhere in complete comfort, you can haul the family in it if needed.
I know you do this stuff everyday, but I dunno about 100% reliable with "mid to upper 600's". These motors really seem to be hit and miss with the power they can handle. Some be able to handle a bunch of power for awhile, others like Danny's pop stock. I appreciate your input though.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 04:43 PM   #85
Grandpa
I> /\/\

umm.. my d1 was rock sold.. i dont know a single person who has ever had an issue with a procharger.....ever..
Well you just met one. Donnie's (blownaltered) P1sc ate itself and killed his motor in the process sending metal fragments through it.
Old 06-25-2013, 05:18 PM   #86
Courtesy Flush

My suggestion is....leave it as it sits.
You've got some tasteful mods and subtle appearance mods making decent power safely and reliably. I know this isn't your first rodeo when it comes to modding cars so ill leave it at that.
Courtesy Flush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 05:32 PM   #87
Toby

d1 > p1..
While I do agree, on these cars a p1 is plenty of blower to destroy the shortblock.

This^^^ also let me add that I always suggest an sc head unit and just change the oil in it. It's not that difficult, and if changing the oil every 6k miles is a headache, then you need to buy a Prius and find another hobby..

Originally Posted by Steve View Post
I know you do this stuff everyday, but I dunno about 100% reliable with "mid to upper 600's". These motors really seem to be hit and miss with the power they can handle. Some be able to handle a bunch of power for awhile, others like Danny's pop stock. I appreciate your input though.

Ok then mid to lower 600's... These motors can take 630-660 stock with 0 issues in the right hands. They are just like any other engine out there, maintenance is key. As is not goin out in the middle of the summer and making 5,6,7,8 highway hits back to back to back. Make 2-3 hits an let it cool down. It is a machine and can only take so much abuse... Otherwise pony up an get ready to spend some big bucks.

Power is so easy to make these days, people think that they can add a bunch of parts, make a bizillion hp and drive it like they stole it every time and all the time they are behind the wheel. I don't give a shit what brand size or type of engine you have, it will not hold together making huge hp and dogging it every chance you get. Components get hot, metal expands an contracts then you have problems.
Old 06-25-2013, 05:36 PM   #88
Toby

Originally Posted by Steve View Post
Well you just met one. Donnie's (blownaltered) P1sc ate itself and killed his motor in the process sending metal fragments through it.
It's not the first one I have heard of and will not be the last. I have also seen just as many vortechs and Paxton's do the exact same thing. It has nothing to do with the brand. I personally like prochargers because they are much easier to install, fit a shit ton better, require less modifications to install, look a million times better once installed and overall the brackets and materials are stronger/thicker.
Old 06-25-2013, 05:37 PM   #89
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by Toby View Post
This^^^ also let me add that I always suggest an sc head unit and just change the oil in it. It's not that difficult, and if changing the oil every 6k miles is a headache, then you need to buy a Prius and find another hobby..

Ok then mid to lower 600's... These motors can take 630-660 stock with 0 issues in the right hands. They are just like any other engine out there, maintenance is key. As is not goin out in the middle of the summer and making 5,6,7,8 highway hits back to back to back. Make 2-3 hits an let it cool down. It is a machine and can only take so much abuse... Otherwise pony up an get ready to spend some big bucks.

Power is so easy to make these days, people think that they can add a bunch of parts, make a bizillion hp and drive it like they stole it every time and all the time they are behind the wheel. I don't give a shit what brand size or type of engine you have, it will not hold together making huge hp and dogging it every chance you get. Components get hot, metal expands an contracts then you have problems.
LOL @ Prius comment. Very true!

I agree with your comment in regards to abuse. Thankfully I've slightly matured in my old age and don't beat on my car at every given opportunity, that is unless I'm hanging out with Donnie (blownaltered) then we both act like a couple of dumb kids with new toys. He's a bad influence! hahaha.
Old 06-25-2013, 06:57 PM   #90
White_lightning

actually the only people i know who have killed any blower head unit were overspinning it so much that im shocked it didn eat itself first pull.. if you are 30% over spinning the blower its not going to be happy.. most people dont calculate the blower rpm.. they just slap some pullys on and hope for the best...