The Lounge The offtopic section.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 09-20-2013, 08:53 AM   #16
re-rx7
Banned

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT View Post
Bleh...sounds more like a BMW than a Mustang.
This.

Originally Posted by saunupe1911 View Post
Ehhh, I'm not following you sir. How is that a bad or mediocore thing? M cars aren't slow in a straight line or in the curves. Even the bloated newer generation cars are quick. Speed is speed. A quick paddle shifting trans, IRS, and extreme power usually = a quick car
I like to drive my cars and shifting the gears is part of that. Plus Ford built a shit DC in the Focus and still needs time to refine that tech.

Originally Posted by Dominic Toretto View Post
Wow, that sucks. Source of information?

-Alex
I fail to see how 550whp N/a sucks when your always talkign about Zo6 vettes and there awesome 505hp. This new stang wll be close in weight to a vette.
re-rx7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 08:54 AM   #17
re-rx7
Banned

Originally Posted by 03MachMe View Post
we still dont know if it will be NA or not. All we know is it will it will not have the supercharged 5.8. My guess is still a TT 5.0 "ecoboost"
I said along time ago it would prolly be a either a supercharged or Eco-charged 5.0 with DI. Thats really the thing im worried about. If whether or not these new engines will be DI.
Old 09-20-2013, 09:10 AM   #18
DirtyD

I don't think it will be turbo, much less TT.

I think maybe a VMP TVS.
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 09:14 AM   #19
re-rx7
Banned

Originally Posted by DirtyD View Post

I think maybe a VMP TVS.
WIN!!!! Maybe a stroked 5.0?
Old 09-20-2013, 09:17 AM   #20
Grandpa
I> /\/\

I think maybe a VMP TVS.
Stop drinking the VMP Kool-Aid. The kit is very, very overrated and overpriced.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 09:20 AM   #21
re-rx7
Banned

A blower in every mustang and a foot in every ass!
Old 09-20-2013, 09:48 AM   #22
DirtyD

Stop drinking the VMP Kool-Aid. The kit is very, very overrated and overpriced.
He took an already good Roush platform and made it better. It's proven to perform, so not sure how it's overrated in your book. He knows what he is doing, which is why he actually helped develop and design the GT500 TVS. Not sure why you don't like VMP. It's overpriced because he doesn't have the ability to make it a mass production like kit like Whipple and Roush can afford to do. But for the support in both install, tuning, and everything you have access to with Justin, I think it's worth it.
Old 09-20-2013, 09:58 AM   #23
Grandpa
I> /\/\

He took an already good Roush platform and made it better. It's proven to perform, so not sure how it's overrated in your book. He knows what he is doing, which is why he actually helped develop and design the GT500 TVS. Not sure why you don't like VMP. It's overpriced because he doesn't have the ability to make it a mass production like kit like Whipple and Roush can afford to do. But for the support in both install, tuning, and everything you have access to with Justin, I think it's worth it.
I never said I didn't like VMP, but the VMP kit is the latest trendy rage by young Stangers who don't get it. In order to take full advantage of the VMP kit you need a fully built motor, a full fuel system, twin disc clutch and a built transmission. Even then you are at block spiltting power levels. There are no blocks available for these cars yet that can reliably handle the power.

Most people who buy them, are putting them on stock motors and it's WAY overkill. It's over $2500 more than a standard roush kit which is just as capable of making motor blowing power.

If a fully built car is in your future, by all means buy the kit. If not, you're just wasting money on not using the kit in its effiency range.
Old 09-20-2013, 10:08 AM   #24
DirtyD

I never said I didn't like VMP, but the VMP kit is the latest trendy rage by young Stangers who don't get it. In order to take full advantage of the VMP kit you need a fully built motor, a full fuel system, twin disc clutch and a built transmission. Even then you are at block spiltting power levels. There are no blocks available for these cars yet that can reliably handle the power.

Most people who buy them, are putting them on stock motors and it's WAY overkill. It's over $2500 more than a standard roush kit which is just as capable of making motor blowing power.

If a fully built car is in your future, by all means buy the kit. If not, you're just wasting money on not using the kit in its effiency range.
With almost any TVS blower, Roush or VMP, you will need a built motor to take full advantage. I am completely aware off all that, but I see it as Justin making the blower that much more capable and efficient. Obviously it is overkill if you never plan to go full built and what not.

Is there any type of comparison out there of his kit and a roush kit? I think that would be interesting to see.
Old 09-20-2013, 10:31 AM   #25
Grandpa
I> /\/\

With almost any TVS blower, Roush or VMP, you will need a built motor to take full advantage. I am completely aware off all that, but I see it as Justin making the blower that much more capable and efficient. Obviously it is overkill if you never plan to go full built and what not.

Is there any type of comparison out there of his kit and a roush kit? I think that would be interesting to see.
The advantage the VMP kit has is in it's efficiency level. The only people who will be able to take advantage of it are the people who are doing heavy road course racing where the AIT's are at an elevated level for extended periods of time. Otherwise it's big overkill for your typical street car that may do a few pulls here and there, but then the AIT's come right back down.

The normal Roush kits are just as capable of making big power as the VMP kit is. If heavy road course action is in your future, the VMP kit is for you. If it's mainly a car seeing street duty, save yourself a few bucks and buy a normal Roush kit which is very capable of making 800rw.
Old 09-20-2013, 05:53 PM   #26
Dominic Toretto

Originally Posted by re-rx7 View Post
I fail to see how 550whp N/a sucks when your always talkign about Zo6 vettes and there awesome 505hp. This new stang wll be close in weight to a vette.
I consider it as sucking when you go from 662hp to 550. However, everything is not written in stone yet. We'll see if the weight gets down and if the acceleration is better on the new car than a GT500 with 662hp.

Also, to the people that mod cars, it's pretty common knowledge that modifying an engine already setup for boost is far easier, and cheaper than trying to do the same with an NA engine.

-Alex

Ford Racing . Pypes . BMR . CDC . American Muscle . DDM Tuning . BFG . J&M . Amsoil . MMD. JLT
Dominic Toretto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 10:55 PM   #27
BlueBolt

Originally Posted by Dominic Toretto View Post
I consider it as sucking when you go from 662hp to 550. However, everything is not written in stone yet. We'll see if the weight gets down and if the acceleration is better on the new car than a GT500 with 662hp.

Also, to the people that mod cars, it's pretty common knowledge that modifying an engine already setup for boost is far easier, and cheaper than trying to do the same with an NA engine.

-Alex
No blower means lighter too. I'd like to see a TT 6.2 in the gt500 myself.
BlueBolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 11:01 PM   #28
Dominic Toretto

Originally Posted by BlueBolt View Post
If they are shaving off 400lbs, I don't see a blower setup as a bad option. Turbos are considered blowers also, and two of them would weigh just as much as a supercharger if not more.

-Alex

Ford Racing . Pypes . BMR . CDC . American Muscle . DDM Tuning . BFG . J&M . Amsoil . MMD. JLT
Dominic Toretto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 11:06 PM   #29
brembo12

Lightbulb

Bleh...sounds more like a BMW than a Mustang.
repair costs will go up along with price......don't like where Ford is going here......
Old 09-21-2013, 04:49 AM   #30
03MachMe

Originally Posted by BlueBolt View Post
would not fit in the new body. thats why they are getting rid of the 5.8 is because it wont fit in the new body style.

2013 Deep Impact Blue GT Premium
386rwhp/383rwtq
03MachMe is offline   Reply With Quote