Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > General Discussions

General Discussions Discuss anything in general about your 5.0 Mustang that doesn't belong within the other categories here.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 01-19-2014, 02:03 PM   #1
JDMLOL

Default High speed driveshaft vibrations

I'm experiencing vibrations with my new aluminum driveshaft at about 110 mph. It is fine and smooth at anything less than 110 but as soon as I hit the 110 mark the vibrations start as if a switch were flipped on. They are mild vibrations, nothing major but I would like to correct the issue. How can I fix this? Does it sound like my pinion angle needs fine tuning?

The Queen:
2013 Race Red Mustang GT 6MT: 20" AMR's, GT500 AB, JBA LT's and ORX, SCT SF3/X3, MGW Short Throw, Some Carbon Wrap, Spoiler Delete, Eibach Sportlines, Koni STR.T's, BMR LCA's, BMR Relo Brackets, BMR UCA, Freedom Racing PHB, Maximum Motorsports CC Plates, BMR Safety loop, DSS Aluminum DS
JDMLOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 07:30 PM   #2
DirtyD

Check your pinion angle and also maybe get it rebalance at 75 and 150
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 07:30 PM   #3
JDMLOL

Pinion is -1

The Queen:
2013 Race Red Mustang GT 6MT: 20" AMR's, GT500 AB, JBA LT's and ORX, SCT SF3/X3, MGW Short Throw, Some Carbon Wrap, Spoiler Delete, Eibach Sportlines, Koni STR.T's, BMR LCA's, BMR Relo Brackets, BMR UCA, Freedom Racing PHB, Maximum Motorsports CC Plates, BMR Safety loop, DSS Aluminum DS
Old 01-20-2014, 01:46 AM   #4
Craizie

karma? I like to think so.
Craizie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 05:30 PM   #5
JDMLOL

Bump. Tried two different pinion angles and still not any better. Anyone got any recommendations. I'm about to try getting a refund or sell the shaft at a discounted price and get a DSS version. Shaftmasters is obviously junk.

The Queen:
Old 02-01-2014, 05:38 PM   #6
re-rx7
Banned

Originally Posted by craizie View Post
karma? I like to think so.
what?
re-rx7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 06:07 PM   #7
JDMLOL

Default High speed driveshaft vibrations

Originally Posted by re-rx7 View Post
what?

I sold an SCT tuner that I got on trade from another member on the board to this individual in fine working order. Tested by myself on two different occasions, my pictures are still posted in the for sale section showing that the device was unmarried and ready to go. Nearly two weeks later the individual claimed that the device did not work and wanted his money back. As most of you know, even American Muscle and other online retailers do not accept returns on items like tuners. Seeing how the item was used and that I did my due diligence in testing the item I did not feel obligated to accept a return on the item. I don't know what could have happened to a working device in two weeks while it was out of my possession. They're pretty hard to break unless they get hot or wet which mine did not while under my possession. I do know the devices can act funny if they have old, buggy firmware or the wrong firmware altogether. Sct does also provide excellent customer service, even to secondhand buyers when they have issues. All in all, I do not feel responsible for what happened to a used, working tuner while it was out of my possession for approximately 10 days.

The Queen:

Last edited by JDMLOL; 02-01-2014 at 08:10 PM.
Old 02-02-2014, 01:44 AM   #8
DirtyD

Originally Posted by JDMLOL View Post
I sold an SCT tuner that I got on trade from another member on the board to this individual in fine working order. Tested by myself on two different occasions, my pictures are still posted in the for sale section showing that the device was unmarried and ready to go. Nearly two weeks later the individual claimed that the device did not work and wanted his money back. As most of you know, even American Muscle and other online retailers do not accept returns on items like tuners. Seeing how the item was used and that I did my due diligence in testing the item I did not feel obligated to accept a return on the item. I don't know what could have happened to a working device in two weeks while it was out of my possession. They're pretty hard to break unless they get hot or wet which mine did not while under my possession. I do know the devices can act funny if they have old, buggy firmware or the wrong firmware altogether. Sct does also provide excellent customer service, even to secondhand buyers when they have issues. All in all, I do not feel responsible for what happened to a used, working tuner while it was out of my possession for approximately 10 days.

Dang man. I didn't even know this.
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 12:53 PM   #9
Dan12GT

Maybe call up the manufacturer and get their recommendations?

Airaid CAI | Borla S-Type Catback | Amsoil 10w30 and MTG Trans. Fluid
382hp 387ft/lb | 1/4: 12.9 @ 112mph
Dan12GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 12:47 AM   #10
JDMLOL

Originally Posted by Dan12GT View Post
Maybe call up the manufacturer and get their recommendations?

They told me to "reinstall" it. I think that is a load of crap. I would think it should operate vibration free the first time. Especially seeing how I had a professional mechanic install it.

The Queen:
Old 02-03-2014, 01:07 AM   #11
Darkhelmet22

They told me to "reinstall" it. I think that is a load of crap. I would think it should operate vibration free the first time. Especially seeing how I had a professional mechanic install it.
That professional would be me lol. This damn driveshaft has got me flustered.

Hypermotive Tune | Pypes Longtubes and O/R X | Corsa Sports | H&R Race Springs | Eibach panhard bar | BMR LCAs | BMR relo brackets | Koni yellows | Eibach sway bars | Ground Control CC plates | MGW shifter | SVE Drifts |
Darkhelmet22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 08:28 AM   #12
fordplay

High speed balance!! Or what I would do is call them and tell them you had it reinstalled and it's having the same issues.. so pay me to take it to get balanced or send me one that is balanced, and a discount due to me paying for multiple installs might go a long way for your name on every single forum I'm on....
fordplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 07:31 PM   #13
JDMLOL

Shaftmasters is refunding the money and paying for return shipping so I'm not going to bash them too bad. Jayman came to the rescue. He quoted me a great price on the DSS version which I ordered this afternoon.

The Queen:
Old 02-03-2014, 11:36 PM   #14
rriddle3

Shaftmasters is refunding the money...
Shaftmasters? Seriously, Kirby, buying from a company with a name like that didn't tip you off?
2012 GT Automatic, Kona Blue w/Stone interior
The usual exhaust mods, JLT CAI, Brenspeed tune, BMR LCAs
rriddle3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 07:47 PM   #15
JDMLOL

Switched the shaft to DSS and the vibration magically went away. Lol.

The Queen: