Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > General Discussions

General Discussions Discuss anything in general about your 5.0 Mustang that doesn't belong within the other categories here.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 04-28-2014, 05:12 PM   #16
re-rx7
Banned

What he is saying is that.....why should he have to know someone to get decent service?
re-rx7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 05:21 PM   #17
PCB

Originally Posted by re-rx7 View Post
What he is saying is that.....why should he have to know someone to get decent service?
I get that. He brought a vendor into this which had nothing to do with his car. In my situation I brought Jeff into it the second time around and it's being resolved.

In his situation I am willing to guess he drove it on the lot, it didn't whine so he took it. Then it started back up. Which I would be using every resource I had to get it done. Why not use a connection with the forum.
PCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 05:26 PM   #18
Dominic Toretto

Originally Posted by PCB View Post
Again I agree with you. He brought Jeff into the discussion which is unfair. If he brings him into the discussion then I expect Jeff to have had a role in this and he didn't. My argument is that it wouldn't have been a bad deal to introduce yourself and let Jeff know the complaint.

If he did bring Jeff into it, like me perhaps he would have found a solution like I did.
No. The OP simply stated that the dealership is a vendor on here. He wasn't referring to Jeff specifically. Jeff just happens to be far more frequent on here than anyone else from the dealership.

I do agree though, that it wouldn't be necessarily bad to tell Jeff. Like you said, he probably does have friends in the service department. It's just sad that anyone would have to go that route especially for a dealership that seems to want repeat customers. But I do agree 100% with you saying that this it is about who you know, such is life.

For the dealership though, even people that aren't commenting are reading this. And it will impact the dealership negatively. They seriously need to step their game up, especially being a vendor on here.

-Alex

Ford Racing . Pypes . BMR . CDC . American Muscle . DDM Tuning . BFG . J&M . Amsoil . MMD. JLT
Dominic Toretto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 05:27 PM   #19
re-rx7
Banned

If you take a car to my dads lot. Whether you know anyone there or not. I guarantee you that job will get done right.
Old 04-28-2014, 05:45 PM   #20
PCB

Okay I could argue to name anyone else from GF that is on the board as a vendor. I believe Jeff is the only one. That's why I replied in the way I did. GF on this forum is Jeff.
Old 04-28-2014, 06:16 PM   #21
PCB

If you take a car to my dads lot. Whether you know anyone there or not. I guarantee you that job will get done right.
I have no doubt that they would. Again, who Ya know.
Old 04-28-2014, 06:26 PM   #22
Stone

Since my name's getting thrown around all over the place, I feel the need to weigh in here. The majority of our service technicians, especially our transmission guys, are all Master Certified Ford mechanics, and from personal experience with friends and family's vehicles, they GENERALLY do a great job the first time. That being said, while they are Master mechanics, they are also humans. They, you, and I all make mistakes, and miss small details.

If you wouldn't mind OP, please PM me with your full name, as well as the name of your service advisor, so that I can help resolve this issue. I don't like seeing posts like this, and would like to help make the situation right, if I can.
[email protected]
817-481-3531

F-150 Tremor
Stone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 06:27 PM   #23
Stone

I see he installed the service robots which never make mistakes ever.
[email protected]
817-481-3531

F-150 Tremor
Stone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 06:46 PM   #24
jng2985

Sucks it's gone back in numerous times and I guarantee every single dealer out there has customer horror stories.. I hope it get figured out either way.

I myself have no issues going to this dealer for service. Bought my car at a different one and a service manager couldn't even put in reverse and no shit pushed my car out of a parking spot. I went into grapevine with a handful of motor/tranny/axle issues and it was taken care of no questions asked and me not knowing anyone working there.

Anyone who works in customer service/repair understands why cases like this happen from time to time.
jng2985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 07:44 PM   #25
re-rx7
Banned

Originally Posted by Stone View Post
I see he installed the service robots which never make mistakes ever.
Nope just good service. My car went in and was out in 1 week. Tranny fixed. Good communication ect.. Keeping their word without hassle. The usual.
Old 04-28-2014, 08:27 PM   #26
PCB

Since my name's getting thrown around all over the place, I feel the need to weigh in here. The majority of our service technicians, especially our transmission guys, are all Master Certified Ford mechanics, and from personal experience with friends and family's vehicles, they GENERALLY do a great job the first time. That being said, while they are Master mechanics, they are also humans. They, you, and I all make mistakes, and miss small details.

If you wouldn't mind OP, please PM me with your full name, as well as the name of your service advisor, so that I can help resolve this issue. I don't like seeing posts like this, and would like to help make the situation right, if I can.
There Ya have it. Good guy here.
Old 04-28-2014, 11:45 PM   #27
emery2483

Nope just good service. My car went in and was out in 1 week. Tranny fixed. Good communication ect.. Keeping their word without hassle. The usual.
Will take it in to your fathers dealership next time if issues are not resolved with grapevine ford, just nice seeing they are about 20 minutes down the road from
me. but it's just getting annoying not having a car and being a full time highschool student who works full time also to pay for said car. not the easiest thing finding rides everywhere while the car is in the shop. kinda annoying too that I just picked it up Friday while they had it all week and the whine came back within two hours of having the car. third times a charm right? hopefully a new tranny will be ordered, but my father took it in and rode with Aaron and said he would leave it overnight but will he picking it up tomorrow after the tech looks at it. busy work week for me and I need the car so whenever parts come in we will bring it back and pick it up the same
day. might just sit around nd wait on him to work on it. Aaron is a very nice and helpful man, just sad the tech can't do his damn job. oh and the transmission still leaked too. LOL, c'mon y'all.

Last edited by emery2483; 04-28-2014 at 11:48 PM.
emery2483 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 12:00 AM   #28
Klownz

That was the best thing I read in this thread!!!!!

2012 Mustang GT - replaced motor mounts with yarn
2011 CTS-V COUPE - Added a wife
Klownz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 10:13 AM   #29
El_Tortuga

"Dad's lot"? Not saying they would do the ave guy right, but you might get better service than a random dude.
2014 GT Track Pack (300A) Black/Black, Recaros, Eibach Pro-kit, Koni adj (yellows), MM camber plates, Whiteline PHB & bracket, Whiteline adj rear sway,Hawk HP+, J+M SS lines,FRPP brake ducts, GT500 AB, 275/35/18 BFG Rivals on 18x10x43 D-force LTWs, Tint and blackout.
El_Tortuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 12:31 PM   #30
emery2483

Originally Posted by El_Tortuga View Post
"Dad's lot"? Not saying they would do the ave guy right, but you might get better service than a random dude.
Mine stayed at Grapevine for a week this last time so it wasn't any faster for him.
emery2483 is offline   Reply With Quote