Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > General Discussions

General Discussions Discuss anything in general about your 5.0 Mustang that doesn't belong within the other categories here.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 10-11-2014, 11:14 AM   #1
TEK302

Default resonator delete question

i was gonna have the resonators cut out of my over axle pipes for a little more volume. got to the exhaust shop, and they swore that i would be wasting money and not to do it.

told me to get the GT500 axleback for a perfect sound. While i agree with the sound, i want something louder.

I have stock Boss 302 exhaust. Baffles removed. Are the resonator deletes a waste?

Also ive heard the roush axlebacks and fell in love. anyone that can attest to this?
Competition Orange Boss 302 #1769
Recaro and Torsen Package - AED Tuned - BFR Shifter Bracket - SR Clutch Line - Roush Axleback - Open Side Pipes - Airaid CAI - 47#INJ - E85 - MRT O/R H - FRPP Boss Springs - BMR LCAs - Roush UCA - BMR Panhard Bar - Steeda Shifter - Exedy STG 3 Clutch/Flywheel - Shelby Clutch Reservoir - 84mm Ported TB
TEK302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 12:27 PM   #2
NAVAG

I had the Boss Quad and loved it but switched to a Borla cat back and off road x pipe and I like that better. I have no resonators so there is a lot of rasp but it doesn't bother me and I can always add race bullets later if I want. The resonators aren't all that restrictive.

I hear the Boss H and Side Pipes paired up with GT500 A/B are a good set up and there are a couple of guys on this forum that have that set up. To me, nothing sounds better than Borla.
1989 GRAY/SILVER AUTO GT
1988 RED GT
1989 WHITE LX 5.0 HATCH

Last edited by NAVAG; 10-11-2014 at 12:29 PM.
NAVAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 12:41 PM   #3
Reaper

Personally, I think these cars sound better with resonators because it cuts down a lot of the popping sound. I had quad gt500 ab and loved them. Good deep muscle sound and barely rasp. Cons are the tips arnt chrome and on WOT they get loud but not crazy loud. Switched to corsa quads. Love the looks and sound. The sound is slightly more on the sport side and crazy on WOT but has a little more rasp. I also really like the roush sound so if it was me, and I didn't put a O/R pipe in, I'd go roush with single tip . If I went O/R I'd probably go borla. But otherwise with quads, it's hard to go wrong. Simple solution is have 2 sets and switch depending on ur mood lol.
Recaros, JLT CAI, LP H-pipe, Corsa quad exhaust w/ GT500 valence, Lund tune, Eibach sportline springs, Koni yellows, BMR red panhard bar and LCAs, MGW shifter, RTR 19X9.5 wheels, Billet upper grill, Roush high flow lower grill, Cervini stalker spoiler, tint all around wrapped in matte black

Last edited by Reaper; 10-11-2014 at 01:18 PM.
Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 02:09 PM   #4
TEK302

know any places that make upgraded quad h-pipes not made for long tubes?
Recaro and Torsen Package - AED Tuned - BFR Shifter Bracket - SR Clutch Line - Roush Axleback - Open Side Pipes - Airaid CAI - 47#INJ - E85 - MRT O/R H - FRPP Boss Springs - BMR LCAs - Roush UCA - BMR Panhard Bar - Steeda Shifter - Exedy STG 3 Clutch/Flywheel - Shelby Clutch Reservoir - 84mm Ported TB
Old 10-11-2014, 03:32 PM   #5
Reaper

Originally Posted by TEK302 View Post
know any places that make upgraded quad h-pipes not made for long tubes?
MRT offers o/r and after cat quad mid pipes.
Recaros, JLT CAI, LP H-pipe, Corsa quad exhaust w/ GT500 valence, Lund tune, Eibach sportline springs, Koni yellows, BMR red panhard bar and LCAs, MGW shifter, RTR 19X9.5 wheels, Billet upper grill, Roush high flow lower grill, Cervini stalker spoiler, tint all around wrapped in matte black
Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 07:02 PM   #6
BlackStang08

The Roush sounds amazing and there is no drone in the car.
BlackStang08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 10:04 PM   #7
my95z28

Just got the roush put on my car and had the resonators deleted at the same time. It sounds incredible below 3k rpm, but above that gets pretty raspy. CRAZY loud, but zero drone like my pypes had.
my95z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 09:23 AM   #8
TEK302

Nice, thanks for the info!

nothing im getting soon but i like to plan for the future.

want cat deletes, mrt quad h, roush axleback

wonder how much whp that will get me

Last edited by TEK302; 10-12-2014 at 11:09 AM.