Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > General Discussions

General Discussions Discuss anything in general about your 5.0 Mustang that doesn't belong within the other categories here.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Closed Thread

Old 04-18-2013, 12:48 PM   #1
GunsUp

Default Trading my 11 for a 13 (nightmare story inside)

Been a while since I posted on the forum seeing as how facebook is just so incredibly epic. (Steve you're missing out)

I'll begin with my car, 2011 premium 6mt with a couple bolt ons just rolled 18k miles. This car has had its issues, I believe mostly due to the fact it is such a low build # they had not worked out all the bugs yet.

Since I purchased the car in October it has been serviced for the following.

Master cylinder x3
Slave cylinder x3
Pressure plate x2
Flywheel x1
AND IT STILL IS NOT RIGHT.

Since the car was modified & tuned by the previous owner Ford has owned up and so far as fixed everything under warranty but did flash my car back to a rich stock tune. (Runs like garbage at the moment).

So I decided with the 0% financing or the $2,500 cash back on a new 13 would be a good idea since I have no intention to pay a premium to get into a 15 when they are released.

I have tried to pull the lemon law on the car which I am eligible for even though the car was purchased used because it still had remaining factory warranty in addition to the 100k bumper to bumper I purchased. But Ford says "it's fixed" I told them I would see them again in 500-1k miles. (this has been the pattern)

Generally they have my car for about a week each month I have owned the car.

So back to gettting into a 13.

I was dealing with Mac Haik Ford of Desoto for the past couple of weeks.
Nic (Midnight11) sent me some info on a Recaro/Brembo 14 they had so the next day I went and drove about 5 they had on the lot.

Drove a 3.15 gear, 3.31, 3.55 (6mt & Auto) & another 3.73 which is also what my car has.

Decided I liked the 3.73.

So I left with an offer of $24,500 on my car and 30k +tt&l on theirs. (2013 premium) same car as mine but in black.

Well I gave it a couple of weeks and decided I wanted to go for it.

Tuesday I called my salesguy & told him I was on my way with the title in hand let's make a deal. (first mistake I was too enthusiastic)

I get there and he's pacing outside waiting for me to pull up (noone was at the dealership it looked like they needed to sell a car)

test drive it again blah blah blah ok let's go inside and sign the paperwork.

I kept the original offer they gave me 2 weeks ago (That took him by suprise & that offer went away like dust in the wind.

He comes back from his finance dept saying he can only give me 21k now for my car. I said "BULLLLLSHIT GO BACK AND GET MY MY 24.5 SO WE CAN MAKE A DEAL"

He comes back and tells me, "someone on the phone is interested in the black one" Yeah whatever that's bs sales tactic. So he makes an offer of 23,500 on my car. I say ok it's a deal.

Sticker on the 13 is 30,387
-23,500 for mine
=6,887 difference

BUT I pull out my checkbook and they see i'm trying to pay cash

THAT EQUALLS AN ADDITION 2,500 REBATE

So I only have to write a check out for 4,387 bucks. +TT&L

But I will be getting about 1,300 back on the warranty I purchased on my 11 so I feel i'm under my 5k limit I was trying to stay at.

Title on his desk, Checkbook out, pen ink on the paper & he comes back to tell me the guy on the phone just put a $5,000 deposit down on his debit card over the phone & that the black one is sold.

I chuckle, "You sold the black one...?"
dealer, "yes"
me, "YOU SOLD THE BLACK ONE?!?!"
dealer, "I didn't but someone did"
me, "YOUR DEALERSHIP FUCKING SOLD MY BLACK ONE??????"
dealer (head down like he wants to cry "yes"

I grabbed my paperwork & American Muscle magazine, shake his hand, & walk out dumbfounded by what just happened.

I know i'm missing some details I will fill in as the thread goes along but there is my rant for the week.

Still in the market for a 13/14 Black premium
Old 04-18-2013, 12:59 PM   #2
JDMLOL

Default Re: Trading my 11 for a 13 (nightmare story inside)

Sounds cheesy as hell but I had a similar situation which turned out to be a blessing. Was looking at used texas edition silverados. Found a pretty basic one for 19k with over 50k miles on it and it was an 07. Someone basically bought it out from underneath me like what happend to you. Ended up finding an 08 a few weeks later essentially loaded except for 4wd and navi with 32k mi. for 17.8k. I miss that truck :/

The Queen:
2013 Race Red Mustang GT 6MT: 20" AMR's, GT500 AB, JBA LT's and ORX, SCT SF3/X3, MGW Short Throw, Some Carbon Wrap, Spoiler Delete, Eibach Sportlines, Koni STR.T's, BMR LCA's, BMR Relo Brackets, BMR UCA, Freedom Racing PHB, Maximum Motorsports CC Plates, BMR Safety loop, DSS Aluminum DS
Old 04-18-2013, 12:59 PM   #3
03MachMe

that's retarded they would do that to someone that is there at the dealership over someone on the phone.

2013 Deep Impact Blue GT Premium
386rwhp/383rwtq
Old 04-18-2013, 01:00 PM   #4
STROKD
Old School

Holy christ man, that is some BULLSHIT.

go see Carlos at Bankston in Frisco. he's a manager and a straight shooter. Tell him I sent you (he has a sick ass orange Cobra, so you know the right guy to ask for).

Skip at Grapevine Ford is great too (or so Ive heard) but I know you live in Frisco...
Old 04-18-2013, 01:02 PM   #5
DirtyD

I would've thrown a chair, and then armbarred someone just for Steve's sake.

That so sucks to hear man....

Go check with Josh Ingram at 5 Star in NRH. I dealt with him on my car, and it was pretty good.
Old 04-18-2013, 01:05 PM   #6
Phuck Phace
My Stapler!

You should bang his wife, for revenge.

2012 GT/CS
93 Cobra
Old 04-18-2013, 01:07 PM   #7
jng2985

Lol I can't help but to laugh, you made my shitty day at work slightly better.. None the less, that's real shitty. IMO talk to manager and explain how bad they fucked up and see if you can work out a better deal on another on the lot or pull locally. Worth a shot at least.. Good luck!
Old 04-18-2013, 01:10 PM   #8
GunsUp

I haven't talked to Skip yet (heard mixed reviews from members)

Spoke to Brad Fowler who also works at Bankston of Frisco

Talked to Shandon at 5 Star (Shane's incredible gf)

But that's all so far
Old 04-18-2013, 01:13 PM   #9
Luke

Go to Skip and Josh at Grapevine, I've never heard a single bad story about them. They hooked me up on my car. They don't waste time and give you a straight answer from the beginning. There's a reason almost everyone on DFWM buys from them. Not to mention, my wife felt the need to do a little curb check with the Brembo wheel and they covered OUR fuck up without hesitation. They are great guys to work with.
Old 04-18-2013, 01:16 PM   #10
Grandpa
I> /\/\

LMAO...wow.

<---not missing anything on Gaybook.
Old 04-18-2013, 01:17 PM   #11
GunsUp

Sam Packs offered me $20k for my car (same as Blue Devil)

Thought about trying to buy his after I show them all the videos with slicks and track passes lol

Mac Haik has offered me the most on my car but their cars were also the cheapest I have seen. Other than that I have not had any other dealers inspect it and make an offer
Old 04-18-2013, 01:19 PM   #12
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by Luke View Post
Go to Skip and Josh at Grapevine, I've never heard a single bad story about them. They hooked me up on my car. They don't waste time and give you a straight answer from the beginning. There's a reason almost everyone on DFWM buys from them. Not to mention, my wife felt the need to do a little curb check with the Brembo wheel and they covered OUR fuck up without hesitation. They are great guys to work with.
The negative stories don't get posted because no one wants to deal with the DFWM wrath. lol. They are out there though. Skip is a good dude. I went out to see him when I was shopping for mine, but I found a much better deal elsewhere. Grapevine does sell more Stangs than any other dealership in North Texas though.
Old 04-18-2013, 01:21 PM   #13
GunsUp

The 14's currently have a $1,500 rebate.

If I were to build my own and order it from someone would that rebate still apply?

Or is it just for whatever is already on the lot?

Leather Recaros FTW
Old 04-18-2013, 01:26 PM   #14
DirtyD

Default Trading my 11 for a 13 (nightmare story inside)

Yes, that rebate still applies. What I did with my '13 when I ordered.
Old 04-18-2013, 01:27 PM   #15
GunsUp

Originally Posted by DirtyD View Post
Yes, that rebate still applies. What I did with my '13 when I ordered.
Where did you order from? Anybody got recommendations on who to go to if I want to special order one from the factory?