Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > General Discussions

General Discussions Discuss anything in general about your 5.0 Mustang that doesn't belong within the other categories here.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Closed Thread

Old 04-18-2013, 02:57 PM   #31
GunsUp

Originally Posted by DirtyD View Post
Ram a pole up their ass as soon as you get the keys.
Nah I'm not trying to burn bridges.

But hopefully now I will have the time to remove all my aftermarket parts
Old 04-18-2013, 03:45 PM   #32
BlueBolt

Same thing happened to me at Bankston southwest with my wife's escape. Had been negotiating price for a couple days. Told the salesman I was on my way and he told me he'd have it washed and ready to go. Get there and finish almost all the paperwork and he comes in and says his manager traded it to another dealership and they put it on a truck while I was sitting inside. Lol
Old 04-18-2013, 03:54 PM   #33
03MachMe

I had something similar when buying my 13. put a $500 deposit down on a base 13 DIB at North Central Ford. The car was at another one of their dealerships and they were going to have to go get it the next morning. I call the next day to see if they are back with my car yet and get told they haven't left to go get it yet. Im already pissed at this point so I wait a few hours and call again only to be told the other dealer sold it before they could get it. all worked out for the better as I was able to get a premium in the end and I'm very glad I did

2013 Deep Impact Blue GT Premium
386rwhp/383rwtq
Old 04-18-2013, 04:19 PM   #34
Luke

Salesman and politicians... scum of the earth, lol
Old 04-18-2013, 05:44 PM   #35
Adam

I never had an issue with that dealer back when it was Doug Stanley ford. Sounds like the Mac haik people are doing their best to run it into the ground.
2013- PW GT, MF street AB, AED tune, jlt cai,Lethal o/r x-pipe, gt500 spoiler, Barton bracket, koni yellows, ground control camber plates,steeda sport springs, whiteline PHB, whiteline sway bars,whiteline brackets, whiteline UCA & LCA, DSS driveshaft.
Old 04-18-2013, 10:38 PM   #36
thehead

I have delt with mac hiak on some warranty claims and I wouldn't give those shady guys another minute of my life if I didn't have to.

2013 DIB PREMIUM GT
1966 NOVA WAGON LS SWAP AND AIRBAGS "under construction"
2006 BLACK TRAILBLAZER SS
1965 COUPE "life time project"
Old 04-18-2013, 11:59 PM   #37
saunupe1911

Default Trading my 11 for a 13 (nightmare story inside)

Yep don't mention the trade in until numbers are finalized. Just bought the wifey fully loaded V6 Charger. Great family car
Old 04-19-2013, 06:59 AM   #38
kn7671

It's not the trade that's the issue, it's that you told them you were paying cash for the difference before you got back to finance. In other words, you gave any leverage you had the minute you disclosed that information.

When you go to a stealership with the intention of paying cash, you have to play the game, and go through the motions all the way into the finance department just like 99% of their buyers do. If they ask how much you're putting down, just tell them $1k and then they will get you back to finance to complete the deal.

Once you're back in finance and work out any warranty or service plans at the finance table, then look at final finance number, then you turn the tables on them and tell them your paying cash for the remainder.

Last edited by kn7671; 04-19-2013 at 07:04 AM.
Old 04-19-2013, 10:04 AM   #39
GunsUp

Originally Posted by kn7671 View Post
It's not the trade that's the issue, it's that you told them you were paying cash for the difference before you got back to finance. In other words, you gave any leverage you had the minute you disclosed that information.

When you go to a stealership with the intention of paying cash, you have to play the game, and go through the motions all the way into the finance department just like 99% of their buyers do. If they ask how much you're putting down, just tell them $1k and then they will get you back to finance to complete the deal.

Once you're back in finance and work out any warranty or service plans at the finance table, then look at final finance number, then you turn the tables on them and tell them your paying cash for the remainder.
I didn't have my poker face on, I figured it would be a quick in and out. Ill accept responsibility for that.

Just think its funny that I called them yesterday to ask why the car was still on the Internet?

My sales guy called and told me to come pick up my new car
Old 04-19-2013, 11:46 AM   #40
pohnjarker

Originally Posted by GunsUp View Post
Nah I'm not trying to burn bridges.
its a shame the dealer didnt feel the same way.

although if you're still going back to them, no harm no foul in their mind. it shows they can do whatever they want, treat customers like complete shit and they will still come back.

hope it works out the second time for you.
Old 04-19-2013, 12:07 PM   #41
TrueStreetMotorSports.com
DFW5.0s Preferred Vendor

Originally Posted by saunupe1911 View Post
Yep don't mention the trade in until numbers are finalized. Just bought the wifey fully loaded V6 Charger. Great family car
Originally Posted by kn7671 View Post

^^ This is 100% correct, this is the only way you will truly know what kind of deal your getting on your new car

Old 04-19-2013, 12:54 PM   #42
G-Mann

The games they are playing really sucks, be interesting to see if they sweeten the deal but business is business at the end of the day. If I could find a deal within a couple hundred of their deal I would go somewhere else but like I said business is business and if this is the best deal at the end of the day no need to punish yourself trying to punish them.

Good luck!!!
Old 04-19-2013, 12:57 PM   #43
GunsUp

Originally Posted by G-Mann View Post
The games they are playing really sucks, be interesting to see if they sweeten the deal but business is business at the end of the day. If I could find a deal within a couple hundred of their deal I would go somewhere else but like I said business is business and if this is the best deal at the end of the day no need to punish yourself trying to punish them.

Good luck!!!
Yeah I asked them to sweeten the deal

Asked for them to put the RS3 wheels on or get me a quote for the boss wheels.

5,100 for the RS3's & 5,200 for the boss wheels. Lol what a joke
Old 04-19-2013, 01:04 PM   #44
JDBishopArts

I had been looking at getting the 13's when they came out. Didn't really think I could get into one for what I wanted to but called Skip and he told me he'd give me an offer I couldn't refuse. Went and looked and almost pulled the trigger on a black premium/recaro car. Had nav and all the bells and whistles. Gave me a really good deal on it but I chickened out and slept on it a night. it was still a little more than I wanted to spend. Went up there to pick it up at 10 the next day and they had sold it that morning. Waited another month and while my company was doing some work out there saw the Sterling Grey come off the trailer. Had what I needed and got an even better deal on that car. Love the car I got. Deal went smooth and easy. Someone is trying to tell you something. Things happen for reasons. Unless they make you a deal you can not refuse and treat you like a king though the entire process I'd go somewhere else.
Old 04-19-2013, 03:55 PM   #45
STROKD
Old School

Well said JDB... Buying a car should be fun and exciting, not a gang rape. Going to a Ford dealer usually creeps me out with the assholes that work there. I just tell them up front I used to work at a dealer and won't take any of their shit... It makes the games disappear quickly. If they don't I leave, I don't get attached to cars I don't own yet, can always find another one.
Closed Thread