Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > DFW 5.0 Mustang Club > Introduction

Introduction Are you new? Post a little about yourself here.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 01-07-2014, 03:10 PM   #1
NZERO21

Default California special new member

HI EVERYONE,

Just wanted to stop by and introduce myself. I currently live in the McKinney area but will be moving to the Frisco area soon. I came across DFW50s when a mustang with a sticker in his quarter panel window pulled up and yelled as we were driving along side one another to check the website out. He had a sick Mustang.

Eventually the guys at True Street Shop in Mckinney advised me to check out a car gathering by the George Bush in Plano, TX. The cars that showed up were pretty awesome but ever since then I have not returned since I don't know the time when they meet up every month.

I eventually purchased a 2011 California Special Convertible Mustang and have enjoyed it ever since. No big upgrades other than the tinted windows, and the guys who installed it messed that up. Well, so far I just recently received my Borla S-Type exhaust and I am looking forward in to installing them. I was going back and forth between the Roush Axel backs or the Borla. Let me know what you guys think since I have not installed them yet.

Im looking forward in meeting up with everyone and share a few stories and laughs. I'll share a few of my pictures of my car and any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I also have another 5.0 black mustang that is currently on SALE.

Enjoy.

Last edited by NZERO21; 01-07-2014 at 03:19 PM.
NZERO21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 03:34 PM   #2
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Welcome.

The Plano meet is every Friday night when the weather is good. The turnout slows down when it's cool out, but during the spring/summer it's great.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 03:53 PM   #3
DirtyD

Welcome as well!

Describe the Mustang you saw so we can give them credit for getting someone to sign up. haha
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 12:54 AM   #4
NZERO21

Thanks guys. I appreciate the welcome and as far as the description of the car, it was a sky blue 2011 mustang coupe 5.0. Looks like he had an X pipe with axle back exhaust. He had the sticker on his driver quarter panel window. I would like to give him the credit since he was the one who told me about it.

Just got done doing the 1st major upgrade of the exhaust and boy does it sound soooo much better. LOVE IT. Here are a couple of pics.

[/URL]

Old 01-08-2014, 12:42 PM   #5
Oxford14Stang

Welcome! Cars look great

Oxford14Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 12:59 PM   #6
jng2985

Originally Posted by NZERO21 View Post
Thanks guys. I appreciate the welcome and as far as the description of the car, it was a sky blue 2011 mustang coupe 5.0. Looks like he had an X pipe with axle back exhaust. He had the sticker on his driver quarter panel window. I would like to give him the credit since he was the one who told me about it.

Just got done doing the 1st major upgrade of the exhaust and boy does it sound soooo much better. LOVE IT. Here are a couple of pics.

[/URL]

Welcome, now cut out the resonators for louder/better sound. Also monitor you borlas for water build up. Just had to drill a small hole in mine.
jng2985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 03:52 PM   #7
NZERO21

Thanks Jay and Jonathan for the responses. BTW Jonathan, what exactly do you mean resonators? I have noticed that compared to the exhaust on my SLN to the CS, that on regular driving you don't hear much of the exhaust unless you really go open throttle. Now I have also heard people talk about resonators but I am not too familiar with the whole process. Today it started to drizzle so how were you also able to tell that water was building up. Thanks for the feedback because I want to make sure its done right.

Sincerely,

Mustang Fanatic
Old 01-08-2014, 03:59 PM   #8
jng2985

Thanks Jay and Jonathan for the responses. BTW Jonathan, what exactly do you mean resonators? I have noticed that compared to the exhaust on my SLN to the CS, that on regular driving you don't hear much of the exhaust unless you really go open throttle. Now I have also heard people talk about resonators but I am not too familiar with the whole process. Today it started to drizzle so how were you also able to tell that water was building up. Thanks for the feedback because I want to make sure its done right.

Sincerely,

Mustang Fanatic
The oval small muffler looking things before the pipes go over the axle.
Old 01-08-2014, 04:48 PM   #9
NZERO21

Interesting, I did see them when they were lowered. I noticed that people sometimes get replacements but you are stating to simply remove them. This is the piping after the cats right. Just want to make sure since its the first time I am getting to know the extra bits and pieces of this newer car. I have also noticed that borla makes the cat back system. Will that solve the issue or should I simply just do a delete kit for the resonators. I do want to be able to pass inspection.
Old 01-08-2014, 04:55 PM   #10
Dominic Toretto

Welcome aboard

-Alex

Ford Racing . Pypes . BMR . CDC . American Muscle . DDM Tuning . BFG . J&M . Amsoil . MMD. JLT
Dominic Toretto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 06:03 PM   #11
jng2985

Interesting, I did see them when they were lowered. I noticed that people sometimes get replacements but you are stating to simply remove them. This is the piping after the cats right. Just want to make sure since its the first time I am getting to know the extra bits and pieces of this newer car. I have also noticed that borla makes the cat back system. Will that solve the issue or should I simply just do a delete kit for the resonators. I do want to be able to pass inspection.
Yes, after cat, after h pipe, before over axle. Exhaust shop can cut then out and weld in deletes for cheap. Doesn't void warranty / still legal for inspection.
Old 01-08-2014, 10:20 PM   #12
NZERO21

Thanks for letting me know. I still don't understand what the resonators do for the car but I'll research it. Do you happen to know of anyone who can do the job at a great price? How about a mustang mechanic? I have a friend who may be looking to get some tune up items on his mustang and I think his front suspension may need some tuning. Thanks again and I have started to talk to my my brother and other mustang friends about your site and they are going to check it out. Thanks again for all the great help and warm welcome.
Old 01-08-2014, 10:49 PM   #13
jng2985

Thanks for letting me know. I still don't understand what the resonators do for the car but I'll research it. Do you happen to know of anyone who can do the job at a great price? How about a mustang mechanic? I have a friend who may be looking to get some tune up items on his mustang and I think his front suspension may need some tuning. Thanks again and I have started to talk to my my brother and other mustang friends about your site and they are going to check it out. Thanks again for all the great help and warm welcome.
Resonators are there to tone down noise. There is a more technical answer but te basic is sound reduction. If you look at all after market cat back systems, they're free flowing from cats to mufflers.

I am on borla s no reso's. It is loud... Under 2k it isn't bad, 2.5k+ on the throttle- loud, cold start = neighbors most likely hate me.

If you don't plan on going O/R, delete the reso's. If you go O/R, keep the reso's.

If you ever want to hear it give me a shout, Drive by/in car.
Old 01-09-2014, 01:39 PM   #14
NZERO21

Sweet man. Let me know when you might head out to a car meet. My brother and I are thinking of going to either the meet for the SCCA race near arlington or the early feb open race up by Denton (road race). Let me know if you will be attending any of those junctions.
Old 01-11-2014, 04:17 PM   #15
NZERO21

Anyone out racing today?