Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > General Discussions

General Discussions Discuss anything in general about your 5.0 Mustang that doesn't belong within the other categories here.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-20-2016, 07:37 PM   #1
nosyaj

Default Failing Inspection (Emissions)

Hello all,

I own a 2014 Mustang GT with the Boss 302 H-pipe, Roush axle back exhaust, and a Steeda CAI with a Brenspeed tune and I took her three times now 2 months ago to get the state inspection done and it failed in two areas for the o2 sensors.

I've been reading around multiple forums and have been talking to the guys at Brenspeed and was told that my o2 sensors were actually not turned off but are on in my tune, so I decided to reinstall the stock box and run the stock tune. I have no check engine light.

I drove the car around for a while and went back to the inspection station to rerun their test and it failed again on both the o2 sensors.

I decided to go to the stealership and ask them what was up and the service guy I spoke to told me that it is known with aftermarket exhausts to throw the o2 sensors off because of air flow. His recommendation was to install the stock midpipe and exhaust and redo the inspection.....welp I don't have those pieces any longer.

I was wondering if any of you guys have encountered this situation?

After about a month of the stock airbox and tune with restrictor plates in for my mid pipe and over 15 ford drive cycles I decided to just put the intake, tune back on and take the restrictor plates out since it didn't make a difference at all. I have since ran the ford drive cycle a couple more times to no avail. I am pretty much at a point to where I want to get rid of the mustang -_-####

I don't know if this is a question allowed to be asked, but does anyone know any inspection stations that do emissions testing that would pass my vehicle?

Thanks for any input,
Jayson
nosyaj is offline   Reply With Quote