Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > General Discussions

General Discussions Discuss anything in general about your 5.0 Mustang that doesn't belong within the other categories here.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-23-2016, 02:35 PM   #1
Goose17

Default My Mustangs got a new garage floor to sit on!

I contacted a local epoxy contractor and gave him a challenge... I told him I wanted an epoxy floor that would look like WATER! We brainstormed a bit and he did some research and came up with a plan... He used a floor grinder to grind the new slab. This helps with adhesion. Next was filling blemishes and cracks followed by a jet-black primer. The primer was sanded once cured and then the artist came alive in Paul (my contractor)... He used blue metallic epoxy and a little bit of silver metallic that he created random patterns in by using a squeegee, a roller and a leaf blower. This was allowed to cure for many days followed by another round of sanding and then a clear polyurethane top coat.

I got home yesterday and got the cars back in the garage... I filmed this video with my iPad using iMovie today:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ML7q0GV5LBQ

If anyone in the DFW area needs a good epoxy floor guy at a reasonable price, contact Paul at:

Paul?s Custom Floors ? Flooring Company, Custom Floors | Fort Worth, TX

I set up my GoPro on time lapse when the guys were doing the color base-coat:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cC1R-wYFfjQ