Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > Photos & Videos > Foxbody 5.0s

Foxbody 5.0s For the original 5.0s that started it all

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 05-29-2013, 11:01 PM   #61
downtime!

That will work nicely, thanks man! She should be a bit more fun when you're done too!
Old 05-29-2013, 11:20 PM   #62
Austin@BA-Speed
DFW5.0s Preferred Vendor

Wow! look at all the room in there...
Old 05-29-2013, 11:28 PM   #63
Catfiesh

Get those headers on yet?
Catfiesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 01:56 AM   #64
OG Fox
Supporting Member

Originally Posted by Catfiesh View Post
Get those headers on yet?
technically yes... have a lot of rubbing with the knuckle on the steering shaft. gonna order a flaming river one tomorrow. also going to replace the motor mounts and transmission mount with some new poly ones. its been an adventure trying to get the exhaust on. ill be happy when its all said and done.
OG Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 02:14 AM   #65
Selcouth

I remember when I originally did my headers and put some on that had come with my car. I had bad rubbing against the steering shaft. Finally broke down and just got some BBK shortys and it solved my problem. Sounds like you are going with manual steering to solve your problem though. Post up a video of the exhaust when you find some time.
Old 06-17-2013, 03:30 AM   #66
OG Fox
Supporting Member

Originally Posted by Selcouth View Post
I remember when I originally did my headers and put some on that had come with my car. I had bad rubbing against the steering shaft. Finally broke down and just got some BBK shortys and it solved my problem. Sounds like you are going with manual steering to solve your problem though. Post up a video of the exhaust when you find some time.
is there much difference in shorties vs longtubes for NA purposes. because it maybe easier to just get shorties although i'd have to find a new mid pipe as well.
on the flip side. another steering shaft would help with steering response im sure. ugh. decisions.
Old 06-17-2013, 09:49 AM   #67
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by Selcouth View Post
Post up a video of the exhaust when you find some time.
Or you can attend a meet to meet him in person and quit trolling the board only...

Originally Posted by OG Fox View Post
is there much difference in shorties vs longtubes for NA purposes. because it maybe easier to just get shorties although i'd have to find a new mid pipe as well.
on the flip side. another steering shaft would help with steering response im sure. ugh. decisions.

Yes. With the longtubes you will have more low-end torque, pick up a few mph on the top, plus they will sound awesome. Shorties you won't pick up the low end torque with and maybe pick up 5-10hp.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 11:22 AM   #68
46Tbird

technically yes... have a lot of rubbing with the knuckle on the steering shaft. gonna order a flaming river one tomorrow. also going to replace the motor mounts and transmission mount with some new poly ones. its been an adventure trying to get the exhaust on. ill be happy when its all said and done.
Hey man, sometimes you just need to dimple the header to make clearance for steering and chassis parts. Headers are ALWAYS a pain in the ass, this is just the first thing you will learn to hate about them.
Old 06-17-2013, 04:26 PM   #69
OG Fox
Supporting Member

Originally Posted by 46Tbird View Post
Hey man, sometimes you just need to dimple the header to make clearance for steering and chassis parts. Headers are ALWAYS a pain in the ass, this is just the first thing you will learn to hate about them.
I.cant dimple where tge knucle rubs because id have to.hit back almost a quarter inch.
Old 06-17-2013, 05:46 PM   #70
46Tbird

That would not be unusual...

Old 06-17-2013, 06:06 PM   #71
OG Fox
Supporting Member

Originally Posted by 46Tbird View Post
That would not be unusual...

jesus christ. thats crazy.
Old 06-17-2013, 07:34 PM   #72
downtime!

Danny is right, its not that uncommon on a Fox. If you dimple them, use the round side of a ball peen hammer. Place it where you want the dimple and use a regular hammer to hit the flat side of the ball peen hammer. Easier to control where you hit doing it that way.
Old 06-17-2013, 08:51 PM   #73
OG Fox
Supporting Member

well im just gonna order shortys and sell the longtubes and x pipe. i dont think ill need longtubes until i go with a coyote swap anyways.
Old 06-17-2013, 09:22 PM   #74
Selcouth

Originally Posted by Steve View Post
Or you can attend a meet to meet him in person and quit trolling the board only...
I go out to the RKC meets and was at the Friday meet this past go around. Where were you, I figured you'd be at the Friday meet? Besides its a Foxbody, I can't drive the thing further than 3 miles without fear of it breaking down. Anything further than that and I'll drive the Goat which has A/C. The kiddo is being dropped off in Ohio for the next month and half with her great grandma so I'll be around with lots of free time.

well im just gonna order shortys and sell the longtubes and x pipe. i dont think ill need longtubes until i go with a coyote swap anyways.
Shorties is seriously probably the easiest route to take. I've had long tubes on a previous fox. It was more meh than anything else compared to shorties.
Old 06-18-2013, 04:03 PM   #75
OG Fox
Supporting Member

thanks for the advice guys. ill be posting the longtubes and x pipe on craigslist later this week. going the shorty route with off road h pipe now.