Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > Members' Area > The Lounge

The Lounge The offtopic section.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 06-21-2013, 11:44 AM   #1
Dominic Toretto

Default Any Weight Trainers/Body Builders on Here?

Maybe we can get a sticky thread going for those that are into physical wellness in general. Anyway, I do like to work out and stay healthy. I have however, hit a plateau and trying to over come that. I bought some creatine powder yesterday to begin incorporating into my training sessions. Anyone use this before and what results have you noticed if you have?

-Alex
Dominic Toretto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 11:50 AM   #2
5PointSlow

I usually take a pre workout with creatine in it, but i dont take creatine by itself. Its really only good for "balloning" your muscles with water. They look bigger but your no stronger.

I do a pre, a BCAA filled intra workout and then protein after.

SOLD!
2012 Kona Blue GT Premium
Roush TVS/JLT Big Air
Stainless Works Long Tubes and catted X.
Magnaflow Competition Catback
AED Tuned
***Driver Mod***
10.88@134 on street tires
5PointSlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 12:17 PM   #3
Dominic Toretto

I've noticed that most supplements have a creatine incorporated in them also. I wasn't sure if taking it seperately would yield "better" results.

-Alex
Old 06-21-2013, 12:36 PM   #4
White_lightning

i'm Fat.. but i like to work out.. im not really a body builder... I just like to try to move some weight.. does that count?

that being said.. creatine is bullshit.. all it does is make you retain intermuscular water and bloat you.
Old 06-21-2013, 02:28 PM   #5
Dominic Toretto

Originally Posted by White_lightning View Post
i'm Fat.. but i like to work out.. im not really a body builder... I just like to try to move some weight.. does that count?

that being said.. creatine is bullshit.. all it does is make you retain intermuscular water and bloat you.
Yes that counts lol. Well I see some pretty stout-looking guys taking creatine and moving some massive amount of weights. Normally I would assume that they are on the roids but, IDK why they would spend money if it didn't work. That's just my take on it.

On a side note, I did notice the Nitric Oxide works pretty well.

-Alex
Old 06-21-2013, 02:51 PM   #6
03MachMe

I work out from time to time but mostly like to play any sport for a workout. Ran track for UNT my freshman year so i'm more into being in shape than body building. with saying that I am far from where I used to be but hopefully can get back there, just need some motivation.

2013 Deep Impact Blue GT Premium
386rwhp/383rwtq
03MachMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 02:52 PM   #7
White_lightning

Originally Posted by Dominic Toretto View Post
Yes that counts lol. Well I see some pretty stout-looking guys taking creatine and moving some massive amount of weights. Normally I would assume that they are on the roids but, IDK why they would spend money if it didn't work. That's just my take on it.

On a side note, I did notice the Nitric Oxide works pretty well.

-Alex
taking a bunch of shit and moving weight is mutually exclusive... i have moved some above average weight on the bench and all i was taking was vit C and glutamine.. does that mean that they made me do it? if i was eating 4lbs of creatine a day i would have still done it.
Old 06-21-2013, 03:03 PM   #8
Dominic Toretto

taking a bunch of shit and moving weight is mutually exclusive... i have moved some above average weight on the bench and all i was taking was vit C and glutamine.. does that mean that they made me do it? if i was eating 4lbs of creatine a day i would have still done it.
I believe their is some science to the diet/performance ratio. I seriously doubt the same person could operate equally in the gym if his diet was binge drinking 5 days a week versus having a well-balanced nutritious diet. It's not to say that something made you do it, versus something assisting with increased muscle mass building to increase your limits wouldn't you agree?

-Alex
Old 06-21-2013, 03:51 PM   #9
White_lightning

I believe their is some science to the diet/performance ratio. I seriously doubt the same person could operate equally in the gym if his diet was binge drinking 5 days a week versus having a well-balanced nutritious diet. It's not to say that something made you do it, versus something assisting with increased muscle mass building to increase your limits wouldn't you agree?

-Alex
diet? i agree 100%.. but there is no clinical proof on most of the suppliments on the market.. there is no regulatory board or standard and none if it is FDA tested/approved. all the " independent studys" are mostly bullshit.

their title says what they are . " Suppliments".. for the most part if you eat a decently balanced diet and maybe throw in some basics like a multi vitamin and glutamine just to add for recovery you should be good..

diet 100% makes a difference.. but like i said.. 99% of the suppliments sold are junk.
Old 06-21-2013, 04:31 PM   #10
Dominic Toretto

99% of the suppliments sold are junk.
Could you elaborate please? Not sure what supplements you are talking about specifically. Proteins, NOX, energy boosters, stuff for recovery. From what I gather most of those products just take natural ingredients and concentrate them.

I would definitely say I have seen a noticeable increase using protein shakes and notice a greater pump using Nitric Oxide. They aren't placebos.

-Alex
Old 06-21-2013, 04:58 PM   #11
BLK2012GT
Scared to race Steve

I workout my right arm drinking arm all the time.
I agree. A stick car shocks the tires MUCH harder and does it several times going down the track. With a big power stick car, the car is much more unsettled going down the track making it more of a challenge to ET well. A well running auto car is nothing more than just point and shoot. Which is great for a track car taking a lot of driver error out of the equation.
BLK2012GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 05:07 PM   #12
White_lightning

Could you elaborate please? Not sure what supplements you are talking about specifically. Proteins, NOX, energy boosters, stuff for recovery. From what I gather most of those products just take natural ingredients and concentrate them.

I would definitely say I have seen a noticeable increase using protein shakes and notice a greater pump using Nitric Oxide. They aren't placebos.

-Alex
If you ate more protein.. You wouldnt need a shake..

The nox stuff is a vascular constrictor from what i remember.. I might be wrong.. But none of that stuff is fda tested or approved.. Supplement companies are not regulated and can make any claims they want. Im sure aome of it work... But people often expect miracles.
Old 06-21-2013, 05:49 PM   #13
Dominic Toretto

If you ate more protein.. You wouldnt need a shake..

The nox stuff is a vascular constrictor from what i remember.. I might be wrong.. But none of that stuff is fda tested or approved.. Supplement companies are not regulated and can make any claims they want. Im sure aome of it work... But people often expect miracles.
I 100% agree with your post.

The NOX dialates your blood vessels to allow more blood flow. Yes if I ate more I wouldn't need protein shakes but, let's be real. How easy is it to eat a Boston Market half chicken meal while driving compared to drinking a protein shake? Absolutely people expect miracles. I on the other hand just want to get some people's actual claims since the tests are you said and I agree are not proven. It would be very difficult to standardize a test like that.

I have a desk job so I have to rely on protein shakes to supplement what I can't eat throughout the day. I had all sorts of evil eyes on me today trying to conceal Ghenghis Grill in my desk lol.

-Alex
Old 06-21-2013, 08:01 PM   #14
Blackout

I just started again after some injuries I had. OG_Fox will also now bre workinf out as well

'14 6mt 5.0 bone stock dyno 376/360 on 87oct
NEEDS MOAR POWA!!
Blackout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 08:31 PM   #15
PLASMAN

Where's Mitch isnt he a body builder subject expert?
mods to be put on:
MAK 3" Offroad downpipe, FR Intercooler, Meth kit, SSI T5 Tune

Totaled:
2013 GT/CS A6
Steeda CAI/ VMP Tune/GT500 AB/JEGS CAT DELETES/
STEEDA UCA/LCA'S/ EIBACH PRO KIT STRUTS/ FRPP K SPRINGS/ BMR PANHARD BAR / Shelby Razors 20's
PLASMAN is offline   Reply With Quote