Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > Photos & Videos > Member's Rides

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 01-17-2014, 09:50 PM   #1
Crimson600+HP

Default Crimson's 2013 Boy Racer GT

I figured I would get on making one of these threads, bragging about what I have done to my car. One thing I have been proud of is that I have done most of the work myself (outside of the ProCharger, tuning, and welding). I originally bought a 2013 V6 Premium Track Package, which I put most of the power adders on but it was never enough power (sorry V6 guys). It is a great car, but now I know just to buy the biggest engine I can afford.

In February 2013, I traded the V6 in for this beast. 2013 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, 3.31 rear end, with Recaros. All I lost on the trade in was the taxes as I got a good deal on the purchase price and my trade in. Here she is as I bought her.

The first thing I tackled were the immediate things we all want. A little more growl out of the exhaust and a couple exterior mods to make it our own. Started with Borla S-Type's and some new badges and vinyls.

Then I signed up for my first every HPDE event with my car as stock as it could be. From there, I got hooked on Road Events and knew the direction I wanted to go with my car. Drag racing was not that much fun to me, doing car shows are too boring, and autocross was too short.

After this event, I went straight to the suspension. I ripped out everything, shocks/struts, springs, panhard bar/brace, LCA, UCA/UCA bracket, and sway bars. In went, Steeda Pro-Actions, FRPP Springs, Fays2 Watts Link, SVE LCA's, BMR UCA & bracket, and Hotchkis sway bars. After spending a lot of time in the garage under my car, my suspension was near finished. Oh, also threw on a GT500 spoiler.

The next set of modifications went a little more random. Some appearance, some performance, some just wasting some money and time. Went for some MRT Rear Window Louvers as I think they add a real muscle car vibe to the cars. Also had some custom badges to replace the GT Faux Gas Cap Cover from Billet Badges. Through on a Bama tune cause I got them for free then went to the Dyno.

After this set of mods, I just started running as many HPDE events as I could, hitting up Motorsport Ranch in Cresson. Replaced my brake fluid to DOT4, added a JLT Brake Cooling Kit, front tow points, and put on some Hawk race pads. Just driving the piss out of it as much as I could. After this, I realized tires are expensive so I picked up an extra set of '05-'09 GT500 wheels that could clear my Brembos. I haven't wrapped them in new rubber, but I am looking at some 285/35/18's here in the near future.

Then I decided go big or go home. Came across a deal on a ProCharger Stage II P1SC kit with installation and I couldn't let it go. Went into some premature debt, but being boosted has been the best modification I have ever done on any vehicle.

After that, there has been some small things. But mostly just enjoying her. Right now, I have her in the hands of Jeff Smith out with Central Texas Performance welding in my BMR LCA Relocation Brackets, Roush BAP, and doing a dyno tune to smooth out that safe tune I got from ProCharger. Should be getting her back tomorrow and can't wait to see what the new numbers are for my baby!

Car recently got a little attention from Steeda as I made it on their Facebook and Google+ pages.

And here is how she sits before I took her down to CTP. I am sure I missed a lot in the description of my car, but it will eventually come to me. Next will be the new rubber on those older GT500's wheels, along with installing a handheld fire extinguisher bracket as I am prepping to run the Texas Mile next March. Crossing my fingers that I am able to sign up before all the slots are taken up!

ProCharger P1SC Stage 2|Full Suspension|New Plans: NA CJ Intake Manifold/OR H Pipe/3.73 Gears
Road Raced|Auto-X'd
Drag Raced|12.4s @ 119.7
Texas Mile|1/2 Mile: 140.3|1 Mile: 166.4|She had more in her!

Last edited by Crimson600+HP; 01-17-2014 at 09:53 PM.
Crimson600+HP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 12:14 AM   #2
BV600

This thing looks familiar! HaHa
Ill be back to work next week, looks like there will be two procharged mustangs in the unit
Old 01-18-2014, 12:23 AM   #3
03MachMe

Looking good. I wish I lived anywhere close to any real tracks. I will get out on one soon enough.

2013 Deep Impact Blue GT Premium
386rwhp/383rwtq
03MachMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 06:13 PM   #4
Crimson600+HP

Originally Posted by BV600 View Post
This thing looks familiar! HaHa
Ill be back to work next week, looks like there will be two procharged mustangs in the unit
Badass. Can't wait to see what you've done since you've been ditching work haha

Originally Posted by 03MachMe View Post
Looking good. I wish I lived anywhere close to any real tracks. I will get out on one soon enough.
Plenty in Texas, worth the drive.
ProCharger P1SC Stage 2|Full Suspension|New Plans: NA CJ Intake Manifold/OR H Pipe/3.73 Gears
Road Raced|Auto-X'd
Drag Raced|12.4s @ 119.7
Old 01-18-2014, 06:55 PM   #5
BV600

Originally Posted by Crimson600+HP View Post
Badass. Can't wait to see what you've done since you've been ditching work haha

Plenty in Texas, worth the drive.
I may need to borrow you procharger instructions and parts list if you still have it.
Old 01-18-2014, 10:30 PM   #6
garner

Looks good! Surprised I haven't spotted you around town
Old 01-18-2014, 11:56 PM   #7
Crimson600+HP

I may need to borrow you procharger instructions and parts list if you still have it.
Looked for it brother, but I think I left it in the shop. I'll try to get a digital copy though.

Originally Posted by garner View Post
Looks good! Surprised I haven't spotted you around town
I tend to only drive her on Fridays or when I'm out to impress. Next time I take her out will probably be on the 31st when Little River starts Friday night drags again.
Road Raced|Auto-X'd
Drag Raced|12.4s @ 119.7
Old 01-22-2014, 09:32 PM   #8
Crimson600+HP

Got her back last night. Everything went smooth and I am very impressed with the driveability and power that was made.

Here is my baseline run. TQ numbers were off for some reason, but you can see the graph.

And here is where I ended. Jeff did some great work and I'm very pleased with the outcome.
Road Raced|Auto-X'd
Drag Raced|12.4s @ 119.7
Old 01-22-2014, 10:31 PM   #9
El_Tortuga

Flat torque curve. Nice
2014 GT Track Pack (300A) Black/Black, Recaros, Eibach Pro-kit, Koni adj (yellows), MM camber plates, Whiteline PHB & bracket, Whiteline adj rear sway,Hawk HP+, J+M SS lines,FRPP brake ducts, GT500 AB, 275/35/18 BFG Rivals on 18x10x43 D-force LTWs, Tint and blackout.
El_Tortuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 10:30 PM   #10
Crimson600+HP

The torque is definitely nice, but the linear power is very smooth and great. This thing really flies now and is very predictable. ProChargers canned tune was very safe and the driveability of it on anything besides WOT was untolerable.
Road Raced|Auto-X'd
Drag Raced|12.4s @ 119.7
Old 03-10-2014, 12:08 PM   #11
Crimson600+HP

Everything is back up, operating as normal.

New additions to the car include some sponsor-esque stickers (added 50 HP right there) on the front quarter panels and a new coolant cap as mine seems to leak a little.

Purchased a set of 285/35/18 Continental DW's for the upcoming race season to put on my used 2009 GT500 wheels. Excited to get those on as that is some signicant meat on each corner compared to the 255/40/19 Pirellis that I tore through in one year. Also needed a Y or higher rated tire for the TX Mile.

Car won't be seeing much daily driving anymore though, unless it is to shows that are local. Picked up a new 18' trailer to take her to and from race events that way I always have a way of getting back home if something were to break again.

Once everything is prepped and up, I will be sure to put some pictures on here describing the car and my first experience at the mile.
Road Raced|Auto-X'd
Drag Raced|12.4s @ 119.7
Old 03-16-2014, 10:07 PM   #12
Crimson600+HP

Car is now ready to go. Put the new wheels on today & they are definately rough looking up close. However, they fit and the tires work great. Did a couple test runs at Little Rover today practicing easy launches for The Texas Mile and everything is running top notch. Tires are now worn a little where they are actually hooking up as much as a street tire can and the DSS Aluminum DS worked great with no unwarranted vibrations. Outside of our Mustangs (lack of) aerodynamics, I feel ready.

Ended up purchasing an auto hauler also to trailer the Mustang to and from events that are further away then a couple hour drive. Makes it easier to bring my own tools, comfort items, and support if something were to go wrong. EZ-Up, chairs, coolers, Razor Scooter, generator, fuel cans, and everything else is organized and ready to put in the truck once I load up. Now it is a waiting game.

Road Raced|Auto-X'd
Drag Raced|12.4s @ 119.7

Last edited by Crimson600+HP; 03-16-2014 at 10:37 PM.
Old 03-16-2014, 10:11 PM   #13
DirtyD

Awesome. Good luck man. What are you hoping to hit? 180?
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 10:29 PM   #14
BV600

oOoOoooo nice trailer, I may need a tow here soon :-)
Old 03-16-2014, 10:41 PM   #15
Crimson600+HP

Originally Posted by DirtyD View Post
Awesome. Good luck man. What are you hoping to hit? 180?
Realistically I am hoping to be in the 170s, if I am there on the second day I will be happy. Pick feel the first time is a learning experience and I want to gather as much info as I can pertaining to aerodynamics in order to maximize the horsepower I have now.

oOoOoooo nice trailer, I may need a tow here soon :-)
Just let me know, I can probably do it as long as he timing is good.
Road Raced|Auto-X'd
Drag Raced|12.4s @ 119.7