Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > General Discussions

General Discussions Discuss anything in general about your 5.0 Mustang that doesn't belong within the other categories here.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 07-08-2014, 09:24 AM   #16
DirtyD

Originally Posted by JDMLOL View Post
Could you not just buy all 10" wheels as singles? Or is the offset for the 10" wheels offered not good for the front at all?
Most of the offsets offered on the 10" wheels are " " that much too deep to fit on the front. A 40-43 ET is preferred, and most of the rear 10" options are 45. I don't know if there will be issues or not, but would rather not find out the hard way.
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 11:21 AM   #17
saunupe1911

Originally Posted by DirtyD View Post
Most of the offsets offered on the 10" wheels are " " that much too deep to fit on the front. A 40-43 ET is preferred, and most of the rear 10" options are 45. I don't know if there will be issues or not, but would rather not find out the hard way.
Yeah a rear 10 inch should be 42 at minimum but 45 if you want to run a larger width 295 such as a Pilot Super Sport. I found this out the hard way too! I even responded to AM on Instagram. Dude talking about they run 8.5 so it can be a direct factory replacement so the buyer won't have to buy new tires. That's the dumbest business model I've ever heard off. I said Forgestars aren't selling out because they look so much better or have such high quality. Its because their offsets are simply perfect!
saunupe1911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 01:08 PM   #18
JDMLOL

Originally Posted by saunupe1911 View Post
Yeah a rear 10 inch should be 42 at minimum but 45 if you want to run a larger width 295 such as a Pilot Super Sport. I found this out the hard way too! I even responded to AM on Instagram. Dude talking about they run 8.5 so it can be a direct factory replacement so the buyer won't have to buy new tires. That's the dumbest business model I've ever heard off. I said Forgestars aren't selling out because they look so much better or have such high quality. Its because their offsets are simply perfect!

I guess they make more off the broke teenagers that just want the look without having to dump more money on tires than the real enthusiasts.

The Queen:
2013 Race Red Mustang GT 6MT: 20" AMR's, GT500 AB, JBA LT's and ORX, SCT SF3/X3, MGW Short Throw, Some Carbon Wrap, Spoiler Delete, Eibach Sportlines, Koni STR.T's, BMR LCA's, BMR Relo Brackets, BMR UCA, Freedom Racing PHB, Maximum Motorsports CC Plates, BMR Safety loop, DSS Aluminum DS
JDMLOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 01:30 PM   #19
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by JDMLOL View Post
I guess they make more off the broke teenagers that just want the look without having to dump more money on tires than the real enthusiasts.
It's not just broke teenagers. There are several guys around here who bought these cars but can't really afford to mod them with anything other than cheap catalog stuff from places like American Muscle. That's why you see so many of these cars with the same mods done over and over again. Seems to be very little creativity happening now which is a shame.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 01:43 PM   #20
DirtyD

Originally Posted by Grandpa View Post
It's not just broke teenagers. There are several guys around here who bought these cars but can't really afford to mod them with anything other than cheap catalog stuff from places like American Muscle. That's why you see so many of these cars with the same mods done over and over again. Seems to be very little creativity happening now which is a shame.
Exactly why I still rock the Brembo wheels. LOL. The wheels I want I can't afford. I will go through another round of tires before I can afford them still.

Don't get me wrong, it's cool that kids much younger than I can afford to get these cars in the first place, but they don't have an idea about what it truly costs to keep them yet. And that's why so many end up for sale. They can't afford decent tires, but they still complain about traction....they simply buy the biggest drop spring they can find, and blow the factory struts, and complain about the horrible ride. Bullocks.
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 04:43 PM   #21
Dominic Toretto

I like my $600 wheels until I can afford the $4,400 wheels I want. And I actually legitimately like the wheels I have. They have their place and it works that they were cheap. I also buy clothes from Old Navy. I'm poor

-Alex

Ford Racing . Pypes . BMR . CDC . American Muscle . DDM Tuning . BFG . J&M . Amsoil . MMD. JLT
Dominic Toretto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 04:53 PM   #22
saunupe1911

Originally Posted by Dominic Toretto View Post
I like my $600 wheels until I can afford the $4,400 wheels I want. And I actually legitimately like the wheels I have. They have their place and it works that they were cheap. I also buy clothes from Old Navy. I'm poor

-Alex
I can never see myself paying over $400 per wheel unless I become filthy rich. Heck I cringe at $250 per wheel. But I will take the best tire that I can afford without hesitation.
saunupe1911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 06:19 PM   #23
JDMLOL

Default I really like the new MMD 551C wheels

To be totally honest, unless the wheel is forged, you're paying for a brand name if you're paying 300+ for a wheel. Unless the wheel costs about 1000 or more dollars you're likely getting a cast wheel or a wheel that is not 100% forged. I personally love how Forgestar for example uses some "rotary" forging process but the wheels don't weigh much less than a low pressure cast wheel costing less than half the price. I don't need a set of wheels and tires that cost a quarter or a third of the total price of my car. I could understand it on a nice 911 or an Italian car, but not a run of the mill mustang. When I get some extra cash, I'll be content with a nice set of darkstars or a set of light Enkies.

The Queen:
2013 Race Red Mustang GT 6MT: 20" AMR's, GT500 AB, JBA LT's and ORX, SCT SF3/X3, MGW Short Throw, Some Carbon Wrap, Spoiler Delete, Eibach Sportlines, Koni STR.T's, BMR LCA's, BMR Relo Brackets, BMR UCA, Freedom Racing PHB, Maximum Motorsports CC Plates, BMR Safety loop, DSS Aluminum DS

Last edited by JDMLOL; 07-08-2014 at 06:23 PM.
Old 07-08-2014, 07:57 PM   #24
Dominic Toretto

My dream.

http://www.forgeline.com/products/pe...-18-19-20.html

-Alex

Ford Racing . Pypes . BMR . CDC . American Muscle . DDM Tuning . BFG . J&M . Amsoil . MMD. JLT
Dominic Toretto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 11:55 PM   #25
donutninja

it really all depends on what you want out of the wheels. I mean, a good set of lightweight Enkei's is pretty affordable, I think.

I just don't get why AM (and other visual driven sites) can't offer decent offsets. I know backspacing has a lot to do with sizing as well. Obviously they go after a certain demographic and it works well for them. I've gotten a few things from AM when they were on sale but most of my purchasing has been done through Hypermotive. I have done and plan on doing most of my visual mods myself so they'll be exactly what I want and won't cost an arm and a leg.
donutninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 07:15 AM   #26
JDMLOL

Originally Posted by donutninja View Post
it really all depends on what you want out of the wheels. I mean, a good set of lightweight Enkei's is pretty affordable, I think.

They are, but my student loans make my disposable income limited at the moment until I start making more $$$.

The Queen: