Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > Photos & Videos > Detailing

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 08-22-2013, 11:42 PM   #1
south.texas.dead.I

Default Rinsing your car

What do y'all use to rinse off your car? I have been using just a spray nozzle from Walmart or whatever and just went to a DIY cheaply car wash and using their pressure washer and I like it quite a bit. I just spray it off then use spot free rinse and it looks way better than just hosing it off at home. Do y'all own personal pressure washer/ spot free rinse setups? What kind and how much does it set you back?
south.texas.dead.I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 01:17 AM   #2
03MachMe

Originally Posted by south.texas.dead.I View Post
What do y'all use to rinse off your car? I have been using just a spray nozzle from Walmart or whatever and just went to a DIY cheaply car wash and using their pressure washer and I like it quite a bit. I just spray it off then use spot free rinse and it looks way better than just hosing it off at home. Do y'all own personal pressure washer/ spot free rinse setups? What kind and how much does it set you back?
lately I have been going to the DIY bay near my house late at night while the wife sleeps and hand washing it there but I plan on buying a pressure washer for the house here soon.

2013 Deep Impact Blue GT Premium
386rwhp/383rwtq
03MachMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 03:00 PM   #3
re-rx7
Banned

I use the absorber to dry.
re-rx7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 04:39 PM   #4
Sieran

Anyone know a good filter to run on the hose when you wash? Water here in Murphy leave tons of water marks. It is pretty much wash the car as fast as possible, blow dry with a leaf blower (yes, i use a electric leaf blower), and finish trying with quick detail to remove the water stains... would rather like to skip that last step.
Sieran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 10:15 AM   #5
re-rx7
Banned

Honestly I hand dry and quik wax mine all the time. Mainly because it looks better but it also builds up layers of protection over time. Meguairs Quik Wax is the stuff I use.
Old 08-27-2013, 10:25 AM   #6
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by 03MachMe View Post
lately I have been going to the DIY bay near my house late at night while the wife sleeps and hand washing it there but I plan on buying a pressure washer for the house here soon.
There is a DIY car wash up by the Wal-Mart. They recently added big handheld blowdryers to dry your car off with to avoid swirls. I'll bucket wash the Mach using a microfiber sponge then air dry it with the blowdryer. Works great
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 10:36 AM   #7
re-rx7
Banned

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT View Post
There is a DIY car wash up by the Wal-Mart. They recently added big handheld blowdryers to dry your car off with to avoid swirls. I'll bucket wash the Mach using a microfiber sponge then air dry it with the blowdryer. Works great
I love the micro fiber but also the wool. Keeping the engine bay clean is also a great time! LOL
Old 08-27-2013, 11:13 AM   #8
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by re-rx7 View Post
I love the micro fiber but also the wool. Keeping the engine bay clean is also a great time! LOL
I've washed my car two or maybe three times I've owned it in a year and half. I just keep detail spray in the car and it stays clean.
Old 08-27-2013, 11:14 AM   #9
re-rx7
Banned

I've washed my car two or maybe three times I've owned it in a year and half. I just keep detail spray in the car and it stays clean.
3x??!!! Thats very fucking impressive.
Old 08-27-2013, 11:31 AM   #10
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by re-rx7 View Post
3x??!!! Thats very fucking impressive.
It helps I don't ever drive it bad weather at all. It's just a toy when I feel like driving it but I do drive it a lot more than I have my other toys. I've put a lil bit over 10,000 miles on it in 15 months. Considering I owned my 93 Cobra 7 years and only put 7,000 miles on it that is a LOT of miles for me.

I enjoy detailing which is a big part of it. I'm just as happy in the driveway spending a full day detailing it only to just to put it back in the garage as I would be going for a drive.

Some people see it as a lot of work to keep a car really clean. It can be if you don't keep up with it, but if you do it's super easy. Keeping a fresh coat of wax on it is important. Also, keeping some microfiber towels and detail spray in the car keeps it looking nice. If you drive through some water, just take a second to wipe off the bottom of the fenders/quarter panels instead of letting it dry. Don't park under or near trees to avoid tree sap. Don't leave bird shit on to dry. Common sense stuff really.
Old 08-27-2013, 11:47 AM   #11
re-rx7
Banned

I enjoy detailing which is a big part of it. I'm just as happy in the driveway spending a full day detailing it only to just to put it back in the garage as I would be going for a drive.

Some people see it as a lot of work to keep a car really clean. It can be if you don't keep up with it, but if you do it's super easy. Keeping a fresh coat of wax on it is important. Also, keeping some microfiber towels and detail spray in the car keeps it looking nice. If you drive through some water, just take a second to wipe off the bottom of the fenders/quarter panels instead of letting it dry. Don't park under or near trees to avoid tree sap. Don't leave bird shit on to dry. Common sense stuff really.
MOTHERFUCKING amen. I got to meet downtime and he has some garage queens. Ive see cars so cover with sap im surprised they could see through the windshield.