Performance Post anything performance related to your Mustang

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 11-21-2012, 09:03 AM   #16
Dark Pony
Supporting Member

Originally Posted by DirtyD View Post
Mind me asking where his exhaust shop is? I need to get my over-axle pipe realigned.
It's off of Harmon Rd over here in the FTW/Haslet area. He's not a motor guy, and he'll admit to it, but I've seen this guy build cars like no other. His fabrication skills are top notch.
Dark Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 09:08 AM   #17
DirtyD

Originally Posted by Dark Pony View Post
It's off of Harmon Rd over here in the FTW/Haslet area. He's not a motor guy, and he'll admit to it, but I've seen this guy build cars like no other. His fabrication skills are top notch.
I mainly just need to realign the driver over axle pipe to the guide clip on the mid pipe. When I put my GT500s on my car, it was a fiasco and I had to stop by a shop for and they didn't quite put the OAP back on straight, causing my driver muffler to have a nasty tilt to it
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 10:27 AM   #18
Grandpa
I> /\/\

I mainly just need to realign the driver over axle pipe to the guide clip on the mid pipe. When I put my GT500s on my car, it was a fiasco and I had to stop by a shop for and they didn't quite put the OAP back on straight, causing my driver muffler to have a nasty tilt to it
Interesting. I thought it was pretty much a straight forward deal to put them on without any complications. Any advice for putting them on?
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 11:07 AM   #19
Dark Pony
Supporting Member

That is a bit odd...I've heard a lot guys putting the GT 500's on and haven't had many problems at all.
Dark Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 11:39 AM   #20
DirtyD

It was straight forward. When Nic and I did it, we did it in his driveway by ourselves, and didn't think of dropping the PHB support brace to allow clearance to slide the hangers in. We were finally able to get the muffler on but couldn't tighten the bolts that held the hanger bracket to the frame. So I took it to an exhaust shop the next day to have them help me out since it would be easier on a lift.

Well once everything was all good to go, the guy that put the OAP back on (they decided it was easier to remove it), I guess didn't realize that there's a reasoning to the guide being there. So now my driver side muffler has a slight downward angle, and sticks out a little further than the passenger...

I apologize for the big picture and thread jack, but in this picture, you can tell the difference...

Old 11-21-2012, 11:58 AM   #21
Grandpa
I> /\/\

What did you guys use to break the metal tab thing? I've seen some people use a dremel, but being back by the gas tank I don't think it's the smartest idea. lol.
Old 11-21-2012, 12:17 PM   #22
DirtyD

metal tab? what you talking about, stevie?
Old 11-21-2012, 12:27 PM   #23
Grandpa
I> /\/\

metal tab? what you talking about, stevie?
There is a metal tab on the muffler that attaches to the over the axle pipe you have to cut/break in order to get them loose.
Old 11-21-2012, 12:36 PM   #24
BLK2012GT
Scared to race Steve

It was straight forward. When Nic and I did it, we did it in his driveway by ourselves, and didn't think of dropping the PHB support brace to allow clearance to slide the hangers in. We were finally able to get the muffler on but couldn't tighten the bolts that held the hanger bracket to the frame. So I took it to an exhaust shop the next day to have them help me out since it would be easier on a lift.

Well once everything was all good to go, the guy that put the OAP back on (they decided it was easier to remove it), I guess didn't realize that there's a reasoning to the guide being there. So now my driver side muffler has a slight downward angle, and sticks out a little further than the passenger...

I apologize for the big picture and thread jack, but in this picture, you can tell the difference...

Is it me or does that say 6.0 on the side? I think we have a traitor among us guys.
I agree. A stick car shocks the tires MUCH harder and does it several times going down the track. With a big power stick car, the car is much more unsettled going down the track making it more of a challenge to ET well. A well running auto car is nothing more than just point and shoot. Which is great for a track car taking a lot of driver error out of the equation.
BLK2012GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 12:41 PM   #25
DirtyD

Originally Posted by BLK2012GT View Post
Is it me or does that say 6.0 on the side? I think we have a traitor among us guys.
Glare and picture distortion. Or it may be a rare factory, bored and stroked 366.
Old 11-21-2012, 12:43 PM   #26
BLK2012GT
Scared to race Steve

Lol
I agree. A stick car shocks the tires MUCH harder and does it several times going down the track. With a big power stick car, the car is much more unsettled going down the track making it more of a challenge to ET well. A well running auto car is nothing more than just point and shoot. Which is great for a track car taking a lot of driver error out of the equation.
BLK2012GT is offline   Reply With Quote