Foxbody 5.0s For the original 5.0s that started it all

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 12-08-2013, 01:09 PM   #1
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by blownaltered View Post
The other thing is I don't want to do to the vert what I did to my 01gt. I don't want to make it where it isn't fun to drive. By that I don't want to have to worry every time I take it out something might break. That car was more fun at 450 than it ever was at 625, but I think that had a lot to do with my combo, blower selection and builder.
I completely agree with that. Big HP cars aren't worth the hassle and headache unless you have the funds to replace things all the time and/or have multiple toys to play with for when one is broken.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 02:19 PM   #2
blownaltered
I have a small penis

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT View Post
I completely agree with that. Big HP cars aren't worth the hassle and headache unless you have the funds to replace things all the time and/or have multiple toys to play with for when one is broken.
That's also what's killing me. My car is fun as it is but I damn well know its a ticking time bomb, you have to love old ford 302s. So that's why I want to start getting parts. My theory is if I make the motor more efficient with more cubic inches, better heads, cam and intake I won't have to turn the blower up to make more power. If I can keep the boost about the same and make everything else better I will still pick up some ponies and be safe.
blownaltered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 03:24 PM   #3
blownaltered
I have a small penis

I wonder who could convert that intake for me and what it would cost? I know a new one is around $450. I was looking at the spyder style intakes vs the one I have for my new build anyways.
Old 12-13-2013, 11:28 PM   #4
Toby

I have a spyder upper elbow and an accufab 90mm race tb I will sell you if interested...
Toby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 01:02 AM   #5
blownaltered
I have a small penis

Originally Posted by Toby View Post
I have a spyder upper elbow and an accufab 90mm race tb I will sell you if interested...
Pm me a price on that. It should work with either combo I go with.
Old 12-13-2013, 11:31 PM   #6
Toby

Oh and to swap from a 8.2 deck to a 9.5 all you will need is an ac bracket, headers, distributor, and oil pan. other then basic engine parts, ie intake manifold, etc your timing cover can be reused, engine mounts, trans, clutch setup. I am not sure about the brackets on that novi setup though. If it is not bolted ONLY to the cylinder head the you may need different brackets to make that work.. realistically the only things you will need to buy are the ac bracket and dizzy. Everything else you are planning to buy anyways so cost is the same.
Toby is offline   Reply With Quote