Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > Photos & Videos > Member's Rides

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 07-22-2014, 12:46 AM   #1
my95z28

Default my95z28's 2011 GT!

Confusing title right? After lots of searching I finally pulled the trigger on a 2011 SGM Premium GT! I'm beyond excited, I found it over in Killeen on a Tuesday night and left at 5am the next morning to ensure no one bought it before I could. Played a little hardball with the dealership that had it and got them to give me a great deal on the Mustang so by noon I was outta there and on my way home in my new car. The drive back was much more exciting in a 400hp fun car than the mommy wagon Grand Cherokee I drove over to get it.

Old vs New

Pics of the grille I just installed tonight

The car had tint and pypes axleback but other than that is completely stock. I had ordered a Saleen grille a few months ago knowing that I would eventually get into a Mustang so I went ahead and installed it. I'm going to do a few bolt ons to the car but nothing crazy as it will remain my DD. Still trying to decide how much I want to lower it, I might end up getting some coilovers so I can adjust. Near future planned mods are

C/S lip and lower valance
GT500 rear wing
smooth rear panel
Staggered 20's- something multispoke and probably black
Brembos
Lowered
MGW shifter
FRPP sport mufflers and resonator delete

Anyone know of some 20's for sale? I'm pretty open and have cash in hand ready to purchase!
my95z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 01:03 AM   #2
DirtyD

Looks good man. Username PCB on this forum is looking to sell his staggered Forgestar F14s in brushed finish.
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 11:00 AM   #3
garner

That car looks really familiar, think the previous owner and I went to college together
garner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 11:17 AM   #4
Grandpa
I> /\/\

The car was obviously previously modified. Hopefully the prior owner had a reputable tuner working on it.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 11:28 AM   #5
garner

Originally Posted by Grandpa View Post
The car was obviously previously modified. Hopefully the prior owner had a reputable tuner working on it.
Knowing the area it was either bama or CTP. That's if it was even tuned

Last edited by garner; 07-22-2014 at 11:34 AM.
garner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 12:07 PM   #6
my95z28

Originally Posted by Grandpa View Post
Why do you say that? I see a couple of really simple exterior mods, tail lights, exhaust and hood paint but everything else looks stock and untouched under the hood. What's the best way for me to see if it's tuned?

Originally Posted by garner View Post
That car looks really familiar, think the previous owner and I went to college together
In the Killeen area? If so was the car more extensively modded before? I've decided that I'm gonna wait on the warranty to expire before I tune it, currently at 34k miles of the 50k powertrain warranty, but if it's already tuned then time to get it contact with Shaun! I know it does still have the annoying skip shift that is driving me nuts, seems like that would be gone if it was tuned.

Last edited by my95z28; 07-22-2014 at 12:12 PM.
Old 07-22-2014, 12:11 PM   #7
DirtyD

If it was tuned at all, Bama was most likely the tuner. But it may not have been tuned. Or may even still be tuned.
Old 07-22-2014, 12:22 PM   #8
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by my95z28 View Post
Why do you say that? I see a couple of really simple exterior mods, tail lights, exhaust and hood paint but everything else looks stock and untouched under the hood. What's the best way for me to see if it's tuned?

In the Killeen area? If so was the car more extensively modded before? I've decided that I'm gonna wait on the warranty to expire before I tune it, currently at 34k miles of the 50k powertrain warranty, but if it's already tuned then time to get it contact with Shaun! I know it does still have the annoying skip shift that is driving me nuts, seems like that would be gone if it was tuned.
I just find it doubtful that anyone who would do those type of mods wouldn't do some sort of performance mods as well. If the catback was done, chances are an hpipe was on that car which would also mean there was a tune most likely done as well.

You could crawl under the car and check the bolts on the hpipe to see if they look like they have been removed at any point. If they look like they have been messed with, I would take the car into the dealership to have them look at it and count the key strokes on the start ups to see if they match the mileage or not. That would give you a good indication if it was tuned or not. Otherwise, if something goes wrong later and they see that, they could blame you for tuning it even though the prior owner did it.

Never, never, never trust a dealership to do their inspections on used cars. Even though they will tell you in their sales pitch the car a billion point inspection, they never do it. Ask anyone who has ever worked at a dealership, all they care about is turning cars over for sales. They want to put as little time and money into a car to put it back out on the lot quickly as possible.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 01:32 PM   #9
Dominic Toretto

My only gripe is the faux hood scoop.

-Alex

Ford Racing . Pypes . BMR . CDC . American Muscle . DDM Tuning . BFG . J&M . Amsoil . MMD. JLT
Dominic Toretto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 02:37 PM   #10
my95z28

Good info Steve, I don't think that the car has been more extensively modified, but I am going to check the things that you said just to make sure. I need to drop by the dealer anyway to see about getting a key made since it only came with one, I'll ask them then.

I agree 100% Dom, I'm not a fan of the scoop at all. Unfortunately it's a fairly expensive to get another hood so I think I'm going to sit on it for a little bit and see if a regular hood pops up that I can get my hands on. An aftermarket one will be right around 1000 by the time it's painted and everything, and its just not worth it to me to change right now.
Old 07-22-2014, 03:14 PM   #11
DirtyD

Ryan Knight may still have his Sterling Grey Metallic Cervini hood for sale. I don't know his username on the forum though. It was the ram air hood.
Old 07-23-2014, 11:21 AM   #12
PCB

Originally Posted by DirtyD View Post
Looks good man. Username PCB on this forum is looking to sell his staggered Forgestar F14s in brushed finish.
This man speaks the troof.

20x9/11
Nitto 555 255/35
NittoDr 305/35

Maybe 1,000 miles on the setup.

Last edited by PCB; 07-23-2014 at 11:37 AM.
PCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 11:44 PM   #13
my95z28

AMRs are on their way as well as some Mickey Thompson street radials.

Changed up the exhaust setup today by getting rid of the Pypes axleback. Went with FRPP Sport axleback and deleted the resonators. I don't know how I feel about the sound, it's COMPLETELY different from the Pypes. The Pypes system was a very deep sound that penetrated the car and really made it feel like a muscle car, but at the same time it resonated pretty good on the highway and got annoying with more than 20 minutes on the highway. The Roush axleback is much quieter at idle, and comparably loud just cruising around town, and louder than the Pypes at WOT. However, there is zero resonance within the car and it has a lot more "bark". I'll try to get a video when I get some time.
Old 10-21-2014, 11:09 PM   #14
my95z28

Couple more mods done, GT500 spoiler, CS lower valance and Satin Black AMRs with Mickey Thompson's new street radials. LOVE the traction, I can finally go WOT in 2nd without spinning like crazy.

Also started working on getting the 6-piston Brembos over to grabber blue with black Brembo logo. Gonna have a few other grabber blue accents as well to help these tie in.

Old 10-21-2014, 11:38 PM   #15
Monolith

Just curious about your statement earlier on the warranty...I just purchased my 2012 from Autonation in Arlington and it was sold Certified and came with 100K powertrain warranty...was wondering if you got it elsewhere than a Ford dealership.
Monolith is offline   Reply With Quote