Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > Performance

Performance Post anything performance related to your Mustang

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 09-14-2013, 11:34 AM   #61
DirtyD

Brent, I don't doubt you do your research. You and Steve are probably the two that research stuff on end before making decisions like this. I was just saying if it were me, if just wait and do everything at once as a fail safe. That's the engineer in me. Remove all variables that may affect the outcome.
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 11:40 AM   #62
re-rx7
Banned

Originally Posted by Yagermeister View Post
No, rpm right now is capped around 7800 in a GT processor. With some secrets I have tested a special tune from a tuner that got my car to shift at 8100. The Boss processor should be able to...kdanner with his Boss engine GT can chat more on this topic...cfm not capped in ecu.
Very interesting. SO the stock Maf can in fact handle quite a bit.
re-rx7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 11:52 AM   #63
Yagermeister

Originally Posted by DirtyD View Post
Brent, I don't doubt you do your research. You and Steve are probably the two that research stuff on end before making decisions like this. I was just saying if it were me, if just wait and do everything at once as a fail safe. That's the engineer in me. Remove all variables that may affect the outcome.
No worries Derek...to each his own

Originally Posted by re-rx7 View Post
Very interesting. SO the stock Maf can in fact handle quite a bit.
Yes indeed...I don't know the limit but ask Kevin Dunn
Old 09-14-2013, 12:01 PM   #64
re-rx7
Banned

No worries Derek...to each his own

Yes indeed...I don't know the limit but ask Kevin Dunn
Idk know him
re-rx7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 12:09 PM   #65
Yagermeister

Kevin Dunn is 04sleeper on here
Old 09-14-2013, 03:10 PM   #66
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by DirtyD View Post
Yes, Brent and I are both information whores, we just have a different way of going about things and that is not to say his or my way is the right or wrong way, I'm just saying different. That is mostly due to us both having different goals in mind for our cars. Brent has a goal in mind for his NA applications. Putting those self imposed parameters on himself an what he would like to achieve kind of forces him to go to these extremes to achieve his goal.

I as well enjoy learning and doing as much research a possible to make the most of my combo as well. I'm about to get started on the goal for my car here before long. Kevin being one of my best buds has taught me a lot and I bend his ear quite often.

I think Brent and I are going to the basic same place, just taking means to get there. The important thing is that we both learn as much as possible to obtain our goals and have a lot of fun in the process.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 03:26 PM   #67
Yagermeister

^^^^^What this guy said!
Old 09-14-2013, 04:18 PM   #68
wbt

For a test, a tuner gave me a tune last year that had some special work done that let the auto shift at 8100 but I felt valve float or the car missing due to no trigger wheel. After three passes we took it off my car...so it is possible but not recommended until the trigger wheel and valvesprings are upgraded.
Call me a skeptic but I would like to see that data log.
wbt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 05:13 PM   #69
Oxford14Stang

I'm going to have to agree with Steve on this one. I spoke with Brent just yesterday at the Coit meet but like Steve said they both have different plans for their cars. I personally can't wait to see your results Brent but like Steve, I just can't imagine spinning these motors that high. I'm a die hard ford guy and work in the shop at a ford dealership and have yet to see a 5.0 fail for any other reason other than cyl. 8 burn up due to improper tuning. I'm wanting to do full bolt-ons to my car. Longtubes,o/r/x cat delete, axlebacks,cai/tune,throttle body and I'm wanting and praying to be around the 420-425 range little less than those with the boss manifolds but retain my tq that the boss' lose. And than plan to go with a turbo set up. I'm just in the debate with the help of Tim from TS as to what size headers I should be running right now because the turbo set up will prob be 1 1/2 -2 years down the road.

Oxford14Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 05:23 PM   #70
wbt

Originally Posted by Oxford14Stang View Post
I'm going to have to agree with Steve on this one. I spoke with Brent just yesterday at the Coit meet but like Steve said they both have different plans for their cars. I personally can't wait to see your results Brent but like Steve, I just can't imagine spinning these motors that high. I'm a die hard ford guy and work in the shop at a ford dealership and have yet to see a 5.0 fail for any other reason other than cyl. 8 burn up due to improper tuning. I'm wanting to do full bolt-ons to my car. Longtubes,o/r/x cat delete, axlebacks,cai/tune,throttle body and I'm wanting and praying to be around the 420-425 range little less than those with the boss manifolds but retain my tq that the boss' lose. And than plan to go with a turbo set up. I'm just in the debate with the help of Tim from TS as to what size headers I should be running right now because the turbo set up will prob be 1 1/2 -2 years down the road.
I have been shifting these cars at 7,600+ for several years without a single issue. IMO that speaks volumes as to reliability. Nothing is ever 100% but I am willing to take my chances.

Regarding headers, Pypes is where you want to be.
wbt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 05:25 PM   #71
Oxford14Stang

Originally Posted by wbt View Post
I have been shifting these cars at 7,600+ for several years without a single issue. IMO that speaks volumes as to reliability. Nothing is ever 100% but I am willing to take my chances.

Regarding headers, Pypes is where you want to be.
I agree with you. Like I said havn't seen these motors fail but that doesn't mean it wont lol. IMO they can handle it. They can take one hell of a beating no doubt, but for those who really know me would be the first to tell you I've got some of the worst luck out there, so I personally won't push it beyond 7k which is my shift point. As far as Pypes, why pypes if you dont mind me asking, just wanting your insight and any info i can get from you, thanks.

Old 09-14-2013, 05:36 PM   #72
TrueStreetTim
DFW5.0s Preferred Vendor

I agree with you. Like I said havn't seen these motors fail but that doesn't mean it wont lol. IMO they can handle it. They can take one hell of a beating no doubt, but for those who really know me would be the first to tell you I've got some of the worst luck out there, so I personally won't push it beyond 7k which is my shift point. As far as Pypes, why pypes if you dont mind me asking, just wanting your insight and any info i can get from you, thanks.
Yea, It depends on where the car stops making power. If the Dyno shows the power to start downward at 7, 7.2....8k or wherever; the car isn't going to magically make more by spinning past that point....it's done. Though it will be different for each car per the mods etc.

Last edited by TrueStreetTim; 09-14-2013 at 05:41 PM.
TrueStreetTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 05:38 PM   #73
Yagermeister

I seriously wish I had them but the tuner made me delete everything and return to stock at the time...the sct tune file and all datalogs had to be deleted and he did so via gotomeeting. Even though I have never met you please trust me this truly did happen as it scared me to feel what I thought was valve float knowing my motor could have gone at any moment.
Old 09-14-2013, 05:44 PM   #74
Yagermeister

JPC Racing 1 3/4" longtubes here
Old 09-14-2013, 05:47 PM   #75
Oxford14Stang

I'm just not sure what size headers I should run. Again will be N/A for awhile so I dont mind "wasting" the money for now for the right size headers and than sell them and go bigger. But would I make more power with the larger diam. while being n/a or would it just be overkill.